• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JaVale McGee

RandomFan

So, JaVale McGee is now a free agent. I know we don't really need a big man, per Bud, but I got to thinking to myself, hey, how many athletic 7 footers come available this late? Maybe we could grab him up and work on trying to develop his game some more, see what happens.

And then....I saw this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdb3vv-5ygI

NO.  Not just no, but heck no! LMAO at this guy. I had no idea he was this silly.

• Like 1

No.   On the surface, he fills a huge need.  Big man that can defend the paint and rebound; however he would be a disaster in this system since he has possibly the lowest BBIQ of any player in the NBA.  

• Premium Member

I have no patience for people in general who are not serious about their craft.  His bad plays are not about BBIQ but are about him not giving a damn.  Let him take that sideshow to another bottom feeder.

I have no patience for people in general who are not serious about their craft.  His bad plays are not about BBIQ but are about him not giving a damn.  Let him take that sideshow to another bottom feeder.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Those plays smack of "I don't give a F, pay me".  It's not about BBIQ so it doesn't matter who's teaching him.

I got angry watching that nonsense and that's not all from one year, right?  That's just who/what he is.  Time for the NBA to banish him to the Chinese league or something.  Actually, that might be too high a level for this clown.

I have to agree with the just say "No" crowd with McGee. The guy just doesn't seem to want to put in the time to maximize his talents. Think about what he physically is- a long, strong 7' center .How in the world is he not a dominant player? Yet, annually, he has gets the honor of the most bone-headed play in the league. It really is too bad as a guy with his size and athletic ability could be a real benefit to the team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't see what the problem would be in bringing him in.  It's not longterm.  It's similar to a 10 day.  Moreover, what if being around Sap and Horf makes him better?  Who has this guy ever had beside him that could mentor him??  If all you see are the antics, you miss the fact that he hasn't been that bad of a player.   He's always over 50% shooting, he can give you up to 7 boards in 20 minutes.  He has shot blocking timing.  Plus he's 7 foot 252.  I think he brings more in physicality than Pero and may be as good or better than Zaza.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I don't see what the problem would be in bringing him in.  It's not longterm.  It's similar to a 10 day.  Moreover, what if being around Sap and Horf makes him better?  Who has this guy ever had beside him that could mentor him??  If all you see are the antics, you miss the fact that he hasn't been that bad of a player.   He's always over 50% shooting, he can give you up to 7 boards in 20 minutes.  He has shot blocking timing.  Plus he's 7 foot 252.  I think he brings more in physicality than Pero and may be as good or better than Zaza.

He makes 'Shaqtin' a fool' plays but the raw talent is there. I know offensive boards allegedly aren't a part of the 'system', but he could be a nice short term addition for the right price if he just focuses on rebounds and blocks. He could give us a dimension that we don't currently have in time for the Playoffs.

Well, Benoit Benjamin was a big man and had tons of talent, too. How well did that turn out?

I would only bring him in if he was 100% willing to work hard, shut up, and learn from Horford, Brand, Millsap, et al. He'd be on a very short leash...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

He makes 'Shaqtin' a fool' plays but the raw talent is there. I know offensive boards allegedly aren't a part of the 'system', but he could be a nice short term addition for the right price if he just focuses on rebounds and blocks. He could give us a dimension that we don't currently have in time for the Playoffs.

Right.

People talk about us picking up a player as if we are picking up a longterm addition.  McGee can be released if he is found to be unworkable.  However, what if he works??

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well, Benoit Benjamin was a big man and had tons of talent, too. How well did that turn out?

I would only bring him in if he was 100% willing to work hard, shut up, and learn from Horford, Brand, Millsap, et al. He'd be on a very short leash...

Yep. And, btw, give Dejay 50 bonus air miles on his Hawksquawk Visa card for the Benoit Benjamin reference.