• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thabo & Pero Arrested; Thabo OUT FOR SEASON due to injuries

ersimo2889

Anyone that blames anyone other that Thabo here is just flat out wrong.  When a cop tells you to leave a crime scene, you leave.

Plain and simple.  You don't and all bets are off.  He's lucky he wasn't shot, with all the cop brutality that's been going on around the country lately.

Bottom line is if Thabo just leaves when he is told to leave, he is uninjured and healthy for the playoff run.  Noone to blame here but himself.  I am so disappointed that he allowed his emotions and/or alcohol to end his season like this, I can't begin to tell you.  All we can hope is that it's a blessing in disguise for Moose.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I'm not too pissed. We've transitioned over to a defensive team, we should be able to replace what he brought. We'll have better shooting on the court without him that's for sure. One monkey don't stop no show. Extremely disappointed in him though.

I always admire your positivity, but other guys cannot replace this guys defense. He is/was one of the best in the league.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Anyone that blames anyone other that Thabo here is just flat out wrong.  When a cop tells you to leave a crime scene, you leave.

Plain and simple.  You don't and all bets are off.  He's lucky he wasn't shot, with all the cop brutality that's been going on around the country lately.

Bottom line is if Thabo just leaves when he is told to leave, he is uninjured and healthy for the playoff run.  Noone to blame here but himself.  I am so disappointed that he allowed his emotions and/or alcohol to end his season like this, I can't begin to tell you.  All we can hope is that it's a blessing in disguise for Moose.

I understand the sentiment, but the punishment almost certainly did not suit the crime.  He's drunk, getting in the way, whatever.  They dog pile him and break his leg for that?  Injustice in every sense of the word.

• Like 2

I saw Tibia and other injuries. Having an MRI to determine severity - I'm assuming Thabo was without medical treatment for 12+ hours, I'm wondering how bad this really could be.

Yeah JBH - I wonder how bad the break was? I mean, I'm sitting here in shorts watching the Masters on espn and I may be big-boned - but my Tibia is really thick. I don't think a cop swatting me with a night stick could break my Tibia. Give be a really bad bruise sure - but not break it.

At first when they were saying it was an ankle thing I figured some cop stomped his ankle. Then to hear it is the big bone in the lower leg I have to wonder what the h#ll happened. This could get really ugly.

As a person who grew up in Illinois where the cops didn't normally abuse/kill black folks this is really getting on my nerves. Sure as heck I'll probably get involved in a revenge thingy and get killed.

Why can't we all just get along?

I always admire your positivity, but other guys cannot replace this guys defense. He is/was one of the best in the league.

I know, just trying to be strong, man. I'll cry myself to sleep tonight.

Seriously though, I have great confindence in DeMarre and Baze to step up. Thabo is easily the least threatening shooter of "The Group." He'll be a very good coach, though. His length, footwork, and player familiarity cannot be duplicated, but he'll definately reaffirm proper positioning with all the perimeter guys at all times throughout games when the staff has other issues. We haven't had much adversity if any all year, this could be a blessing in disguise.

I would bet he's gotten the sternest talking to he's ever got in his life from Bud, adding extreme insult to injury.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

I understand the sentiment, but the punishment almost certainly did not suit the crime.  He's drunk, getting in the way, whatever.  They dog pile him and break his leg for that?  Injustice in every sense of the word.

He got off easy in the grand scheme of things. It shouldn't be like this, but you have to accept the reality and behave accordingly. 

• Like 2

• Admin

I just loved Thabo's deceptive rebounding and his excellent D.  Baz is a decent defender but he does not have the size and smarts that Thabo did.  I liked how DMC could be replaced seamlessly to guard the opposing teams best SF/SG but now we have lost that.  That was going to be so important in the playoffs....ugh

• Moderators

#StayPositive, because JunkYardDawg says so!

~lw3

• Like 2

It's not just his individual defense, team defense, so many deflections and tip balls, ability to guard PGs, SGs and SFs AND his rebounding as well.

Blessing in disguise

Bullsh!t...bullsh!t...and BULSH!T !!!

Can we at least realize that (a day after a cop in South Carolina just shot a Black man down and tried to disguise the murder)...that Thabo's career may have been destroyed by cop abuse?

I realize most folks agree with me.

Sager Jr. has spoken.

• Like 2