• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards GAME 3 (5 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

Wonder why Brand is so deep in the dog house all of a sudden?   He's not even an option to play now?

Great comeback by the bench + Korver, but this has got to stop.  If they want to win a title, our "star" players can't keep coming out like punks. (( looking at you  . . Teague and Horford )).   Those guys HAVE to step up big time in Game 4.

Lets be real here. Coach bud lost this game. He lost it two ways:

1. Continuing to not let Moose, Scott, Dennis and Mack start or get more playing time over Korver, Milsap and Antić. Yes, korver has been a scrub since the all star break and Sap proved he is not needed when Moose started at the 5 and Horford was allowed to move over to his natural 4 position.

2. On that last play, WHY would you play for overtime by not FOULING and putting Washington at the free throw line. No way we win that game if Washington is given five more minutes to figure out the onslaught that was Dennis, Moose and Scott. The correct call wouldve been to IMMEDIATELY foul Washington and let them make two at the free throw line. Who cares if they make two because the Hawks couldve chose between a quick drive to the basket by Dennis on the other end, OR, winding the clock down for a last minute 3 point shot by either Scott or Moose. DUMB strategy and i know we lost the game as soon as i saw they were not gonna foul....Just dumb.

Edited by atlhawks1

• Moderators

I don't like fouling there. Why give them an 80% chance to score when they haven't shot well all half? Playing for ot was correct, IMO. Just a HARSH way to lose on a lucky bank.

• Like 2

This is probably the most toughest and depressing hawks loss i've seen..

I hope the starters will care to win game 4..

Benched showed a lot of heart, unfortunately Paul pierce made the last winning shot..

Stay strong and keep fighthing, series is still not over yet.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

We shouldn't have won anyways, once again we are sluggish we just managed to show up late.

I had a feeling it would be the same day game blues we seem to get. This was the first game I fast forwarded through this season until the last bit.

All our comeback did was make Paul Pierce think he is the man.....<sigh>.

Only positive was that Moose shot. That was nice to see!

Lets be real here. Coach bud lost this game. He lost it two ways:

1. Continuing to not let Moose, Scott, Dennis and Mack start or get more playing time over Korver, Milsap and Antić. Yes, korver has been a scrub since the all star break and Sap proved he is not needed when Moose started at the 5 and Horford was allowed to move over to his natural 4 position.

2. On that last play, WHY would you play for overtime by not FOULING and putting Washington at the free throw line. No way we win that game if Washington is given five more minutes to figure out the onslaught that was Dennis, Moose and Scott. The correct call wouldve been to IMMEDIATELY foul Washington and let them make two at the free throw line. Who cares if they make two because the Hawks couldve chose between a quick drive to the basket by Dennis on the other end, OR, winding the clock down for a last minute 3 point shot by either Scott or Moose. DUMB strategy and i know we lost the game as soon as i saw they were not gonna foul....Just dumb.

#2 is the most foolish thing u can do. U play defense because u rather them make a tough shot, than you try to make one when the refs are probably going to swallow their whistles. Bud played it right, we were just unfortunate. On to the next. Giving the team free points with seconds left is the worst thing you can do.

I don't like fouling there. Why give them an 80% chance to score when they haven't shot well all half? Playing for ot was correct, IMO. Just a HARSH way to lose on a lucky bank.

NO. You KEEP SHOCKING the Wizards by keeping the pressure on them to defend YOU. You give them FIVE more minutes to figure out what was going on and i dont like the Hawks chances. In this scenario, coaches DO take the strategy of fouling and bringing the ball down for the last shot. I rather THE HAWKS have the last possession, drive and kick out for the winning three, just like on the previous play. If Dennis drives, half the Wizards wouldve followed him, leaving either Scott or Moose wide open for the winning 3 attempt. Dumb strategy and Paul Pierce took advantage of it.

#2 is the most foolish thing u can do. U play defense because u rather them make a tough shot, than you try to make one when the refs are probably going to swallow their whistles. Bud played it right, we were just unfortunate. On to the next. Giving the team free points with seconds left is the worst thing you can do.

Did the Hawks win or the Wizards????? We will not agree, but i just knew we lost as soon as i saw bud was gonna let Washington DICTATE the final shot. Dumb move just like his rotations. Even dumb Caliprari over at Kentucky likes the strategy of taking the last shot and CONTROLLING your destiny, instead of leaving it up to a over time period. BALLERS want the last shot, just like Pierce keeps proving over and over. Just the FACT Pierce was on the floor wouldve made me foul Washington. 

The Hawks bench came in and TOOK OVER the game, then, you let all that work go aside by letting Washington dictate the final play. Nope, i wouldnt have done that.

Edited by atlhawks1

• Premium Member

This game IMO sums up the entire experience of being an Atlanta sports fan: just when they give you hope it gets brutally snatched away and you are left speechless until you realize, yep, that's  Atlanta sports baby. Atlanta sports.

• Like 2

This game IMO sums up the entire experience of being an Atlanta sports fan: just when they give you hope it gets brutally snatched away and you are left speechless until you realize, yep, that's  Atlanta sports baby. Atlanta sports.

Lol that really sucks, but have faith in hawks, the series is not over yet. Starters need to slap themselves and wake up and play better in game 4.

Did the Hawks win or the Wizards????? We will not agree, but i just knew we lost as soon as i saw bud was gonna let Washington DICTATE the final shot. Dumb move just like his rotations. Even dumb Caliprari over at Kentucky likes the strategy of taking the last shot and CONTROLLING your destiny, instead of leaving it up to a over time period. BALLERS want the last shot, just like Pierce keeps proving over and over. Just the FACT Pierce was on the floor wouldve made me foul Washington. 

The Hawks bench came in and TOOK OVER the game, then, you let all that work go aside by letting Washington dictate the final play. Nope, i wouldnt have done that.

Stop overreacting.

Probabilities says we did the right thing, even if Pierce is great in the clutch... fouling give you less probabilities to win...

You can blame Bud for some things in this game, but not for not fouling in the last play of the game.

• Premium Member

Honestly, anything short of a blowout in Atlanta's favor would be disappointing considering Wall is out.  Being down 20 in the 4th quarter to this group is absolutely disgusting.  It shows a complete lack of effort and preparation by the Hawks.

Next game, Bud needs to start the bench, even if they are only on the floor until the first dead ball.  Send a clear message that if you don't show up ready to play, your ass will be on the bench.  Injuries are no excuse.  Being tired is no excuse.

• Like 3