• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DeMarre Carroll & Paul Millsap MEGA thread

RandomFan

• Moderators

I'm surprised so many here are happy about Splitter. He's one notch above scrub level and he's getting paid starting money for it.

In the minutes he plays, he is a 15 pp36 and 9.6 rp36 guy who knows the system.  He is getting paid on a declining contract for $8.5/$8.2M per year in a league where Kaman for $5M looks good to GMs.  I think that is just fine.  Nothing to get too worked up about for sure.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

Somewhere Horford is smiling. He's been wanting a legit center for 8 years now. Splitter is not bad at all. Also, Bud is familiar with him as a Spur. Horford won't get beat up as much and we finally have a legit true center who is a big body and actually plays like a big man. High character guy as well. Not bad at all.

I'm surprised so many here are happy about Splitter. He's one notch above scrub level and he's getting paid starting money for it.

No way. A notch above scrub? I actually watch Spurs games and the guy is one of the more intelligent capable centers in the league. If he was a dummy, there's no way that Pop would have kept him in San Antonio, not to mention win a ring with him as one of their top 8 players two seasons ago. He's on a very friendly contract as well.

• Premium Member

No way. A notch above scrub? I actually watch Spurs games and the guy is one of the more intelligent capable centers in the league. If he was a dummy, there's no way that Pop would have kept him in San Antonio, not to mention win a ring with him as one of their top 8 players two seasons ago. He's on a very friendly contract as well.

He's one notch above scrub. He doesn't do anything particularly well and he is non athletic. He is not a rim protector. Anyone looks good playing next to Duncan.

Your idea of "friendly contract" is a lot different from mine. No back up center is worth almost 9 million a year.

He's one notch above scrub. He doesn't do anything particularly well and he is non athletic. He is not a rim protector. Anyone looks good playing next to Duncan.

Your idea of "friendly contract" is a lot different from mine. No back up center is worth almost 9 million a year.

Well the way contracts were handed out to scrubs last night, Splitter has a VERY friendly contract for his contribution on the court. Also, he looks stiff but he's pretty quick n nibble for his size. He will surprise you.

I'm not going to waste time arguing with all the people doing the same ignorant doom and gloom stuff they were doing last season (and what a joke that turned out to be), but it's hilarious how misguided they are about Splitter. He's a damn good center when healthy. He plays better interior defense than anyone we've had since probably Mutombo and offensively he's a perfect fit. Just needs to stay healthy and he'll be an extremely valuable player for us. 

• Moderators

Offer Sap a fair deal and if he is just about the money, then let him walk to Orlando. $20 mil/yr leaves us zero flexibility. I'd rather move Horford to 4 and start Splitter than overpay for an undersized frontcourt.

Sap next to Vucevic is actually a nice pairing.