• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did the Hawks give a possible preview of their new court?

TheNorthCydeRises

They've finally finished the outdoor court in College Park.  Remember when Koonin was talking about a "black" court in the future?  Could this be a preview of what a black indoor Hawks court would look like, if they decide to go that route?

- Georgia granite gray court

- Red "in the paint"

- Volt out of bounds and 3 point line

- Pac man logo still in the middle ( although the new logo with Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club might be in the center now )

Would any of you be in favor of a radical court change like this?

For a real live view at how an all black wood court would look, this is what Oakland University ( Michigan ) will be playing on this season.

The Oakland court looks REAL NICE.

They've finally finished the outdoor court in College Park. Remember when Koonin was talking about a "black" court in the future? Could this be a preview of what a black indoor Hawks court would look like, if they decide to go that route?

- Georgia granite gray court

- Red "in the paint"

- Volt out of bounds and 3 point line

- Pac man logo still in the middle ( although the new logo with Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club might be in the center now )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcWq3IbV3YU

Would any of you be in favor of a radical court change like this?

For a real live view at how an all black wood court would look, this is what Oakland University ( Michigan ) will be playing on this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bJpjj_q8bA

The Oakland court looks REAL NICE.

I bet that black court is gonna get super HOT in the summer sun. I Like That Dark grey wood court though.

A granite colored court would be very interesting, especially with volt highlights.

Now, i'm a mid 40's guy who really liked the old red and white, w/ gold of the 80s, but i'm wiling to let this ne color scheme play itself out. I can't imagine a smart guy like Koonen would put together a color scheme that won't display well on TV or in person.

Man we are deep into the dead part of the off-season.

• Like 1

Reminds of a story. A few years ago the Atlanta Hawks foundation gave the city of Kennesaw $30,000 dollars to build a basketball court. The city council complained that the money wasn't sufficient and that they didn't have the funds to provide lights etc. A few weeks later they "found" a  million dollars to build the skate park to attract ESPN and competitions to the area.  They ended up giving the money back to the Hawks.  Rather odd story but true. You have to pretend like you are dumb not to know why they really did't want that basketball court.

Edited by Wurider05

That sounds about right for Kennesaw @Wurider05.  Maybe they have something against tall people (hehe)?

To the OP, a granite court would be nice I think but I wonder if the league'd disallow it since it's so different from every other court.  Being freaky with the paint coloring is probably ok but to have such a unique court may give them indigestion.

On a semi-related note, can't wait til the full array of apparel is available.  Gotta send that extra-smedium, volt-accented shirsey to @Sothron so he can watch games fully-geared up.

king01 approved king.gif

• Premium Member

That sounds about right for Kennesaw @Wurider05.  Maybe they have something against tall people (hehe)?

To the OP, a granite court would be nice I think but I wonder if the league'd disallow it since it's so different from every other court.  Being freaky with the paint coloring is probably ok but to have such a unique court may give them indigestion.

On a semi-related note, can't wait til the full array of apparel is available.  Gotta send that extra-smedium, volt-accented shirsey to @Sothron so he can watch games fully-geared up.

king01 approved king.gif

I'm still leaning to listening to games on radio instead of watching simply due to  how horrible that vomit inducing crap is.

I'm still leaning to listening to games on radio instead of watching simply due to  how horrible that vomit inducing crap is.

I remember.  I'm still not buying it.

I presume you watched the early-2000's team?  If you watched that, you'll watch a (likely) 50+win team regardless of their jersey color scheme.

Reminds of a story. A few years ago the Atlanta Hawks foundation gave the city of Kennesaw $30,000 dollars to build a basketball court. The city council complained that the money wasn't sufficient and that they didn't have the funds to provide lights etc. A few weeks later they "found" a  million dollars to build the skate park to attract ESPN and competitions to the area.  They ended up giving the money back to the Hawks.  Rather odd story but true. You have to pretend like you are dumb not to know why they really did't want that basketball court.

lmao.........sounds about right..........

• Premium Member

I remember.  I'm still not buying it.

I presume you watched the early-2000's team?  If you watched that, you'll watch a (likely) 50+win team regardless of their jersey color scheme.

I've watched them going on 40 years this season. That's how ugly the jerseys are.

• 2 weeks later...

I like. Only change I'd make is to make volt 3pt/free throw lines and make the midcourt logo white.

I like ur volt 3pt/ft line idea but I think the midcourt volt is awesome.

OT... I can't believe that Dominique is taller than Millsap?

Aren't they both 6'8"?

Unless ur talking cm or mm difference, if so, that's @kg01's department.

Edited by Spud2Nique

• Moderators

In related news:

~lw3

• Like 1

Aren't they both 6'8"?

Unless ur talking cm or mm difference, if so, that's @kg01's department.

Well back in Niques day they didnt do measurements with shoes on so a guy listed at 6'8 was truly that height whereas today a guy like Millsap is probably 6'6.75 flat footed and 6'8 in shoes only. So Nique is probably a solid 6'9 plus in shoes.