• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official* Game Thread: Hawks at Magic (6 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

11 hours ago, Lurker said:

Bazemore in the starting lineup is still a minus overall lmfao. The main reason why the Hawks have won lately is how they won earlier in the season, when the bench comes in they make big runs.

I like korver, but he should be nowhere near a starting lineup. All he brings right now is a inconsistent 3 point shot. Nobody needs analytics to see that....

As everyone knows, I cringe with every Hawk missed free throw.  Regardless of the competition,

for this has nothing to do with the ability to score when a player gets here, Atlanta went 20-14,

meaning they left 6 points there.  Also, missing some of those shots made from 18 to 24 inches

from the rim is beginning to bug me.  are you listening, Millsap?

Played some decent defense and hit a good number from downtown = win last night.  This formula

seems to be working but, please make those free throws!

:air_kiss:

• Moderators

I'm just not getting why Patterson gets time.  I know he had some good assists and rebounds but he's shaky with the ball big time.   Seems like Holiday has more all around game.    I just don't want to get to the end of the season and have Patterson and our Point Guards getting all the backup minutes at the 2.  

Great win!   Go Hawks!

Finally a game where I could enjoy the defense for a majority of the game and Thabo didn't even play a lot.  

Sap just Sappin, he set the tone as usual.  Dude was a C on the boards, a 4 with the blocks, and steals like a 3.  

Good to see Jeff have a nice run, although Payton shouldn't be much of a challenge for him.  I like the kid but he's better suited as a backup.  

What can you say about Kyle.  Hopefully this is the start of him getting back to his legendary form.  

Kyle's 7 or 8 clean trey attempts and suffocating D is all I ask.  See we won even with Al playing a lame offensive game  once again (0-3 from three, 0 FTAs for the 100th time this year!!!!). Vucevic got his numbers but amazingly never went to the line, so props to Al there.   He did anchor the group well tonight, Oladipo and Harris were kept out of the paint, off the line, and forced into poor jumpers.

I just can't take Splitter's finishes (or lack thereof). I just can't.  People always clowned Durant's bench press when he came out.  I guarantee he could bench more then than Splitter can now.

Baze's energy is infectious, nice to get a Molly Mike sighting too.  Excellent final defensive play with the switches.

Lets Go.

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Finally a game where I could enjoy the defense for a majority of the game and Thabo didn't even play a lot.  

Sap just Sappin, he set the tone as usual.  Dude was a C on the boards, a 4 with the blocks, and steals like a 3.  

Good to see Jeff have a nice run, although Payton shouldn't be much of a challenge for him.  I like the kid but he's better suited as a backup.  

What can you say about Kyle.  Hopefully this is the start of him getting back to his legendary form.  

Kyle's 7 or 8 clean trey attempts and suffocating D is all I ask.  See we won even with Al playing a lame offensive game  once again (0-3 from three, 0 FTAs for the 100th time this year!!!!). Vucevic got his numbers but amazingly never went to the line, so props to Al there.   He did anchor the group well tonight, Oladipo and Harris were kept out of the paint, off the line, and forced into poor jumpers.

I just can't take Splitter's finishes (or lack thereof). I just can't.  People always clowned Durant's bench press when he came out.  I guarantee he could bench more then than Splitter can now.

Baze's energy is infectious, nice to get a Molly Mike sighting too.  Excellent final defensive play with the switches.

Lets Go.

I couldn't agree more.   Sap is just killing it this season and should be a shoo in for the all star game.   Kyle can hit wide open 3s with a cast on his arm.   I'm just not at all concerned about him.   It's really on the rest of the guys to be more of a threat so they can't just focus on kyle all the time.  

Splitter (at least this season) has the worst hands of any big guy.   He fumbles almost every pass.   Other than that he was ok.   

Had guys getting to the line when it mattered which was nice.   Fournier is a little wild at times but man he seems like a guy Bud could make into an awesome 2 guard for us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

I like korver, but he should be nowhere near a starting lineup. All he brings right now is a inconsistent 3 point shot. Nobody needs analytics to see that....

That’s not the biggest issue right now, the biggest one is trying to figure out how the F ATL is winning games with a starting lineup that has a negative points differential, it makes little sense.

Sefolosha and Bazemore in the starting lineup would likely be a total disaster, you can only have one of them in there. The only way this is even solved is with a trade, and I think I even said this somewhere. The other option is the big lineup but I deeply doubt this is given a serious try at all until the playoffs, if at all.

Splitter is improving. Also had two nice tough finishes early in the game actually.

Patterson is a body. He knows the fundamentals on how to use it in various situations. His scoring is painfull but with lots of upside though. But together with Dennis is a good match skill-set wise, even if he doesnt score. I dont even know why Holiday is in the league. There are plenty of skinny somewhat slow guys who can hit an open courner three in the D-league.

All in all this game should have been won easily. To many TO's and many more wide open shots missed. We beat them actually concerning both points in the paint and rebounds.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

14 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Patterson is a body. He knows the fundamentals on how to use it in various situations. His scoring is painfull but with lots of upside though. But together with Dennis is a good match skill-set wise, even if he doesnt score. 

Good analysis, I thought that too .  6"6', 215 is pretty perfect wing sizing for a utility guy: he's got the length and decent (not good) speed of movement. He has the smarts to get in good positioning though.

14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This team needs a SF. Maybe we can trade Splitter for Gallo. Add several picks. 

You're probably the biggest Gallo fan ever.  He's good, but he has this iddy-biddy tiny little issue of, you know, not playing basketball.  Still gets paid though.  He turned his ankle last night and had to be airlifted.

• Like 1