• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at Pacers (7 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Diesel said:

"Hawks need to blow it up"... "Hawks need to Trade Teague and turn the team over to Dennis".  "Hawks need to get rid of Teague and Splitter"...

OK... let's get real for a second.   When you get outrebounded by 17, you will lose most nights.   When you score 17 points in the 4th, you will lose most nights.  

Al Horford is just embarrassing right now.  He pulled down less boards than a man on a gimpy ankle who left in the 1st.  We got a chemistry problem.

We abandoned the TEAM philosophy that got us to 60.  What do you mean diesel?

Horford is playing to preserve himself.

Korver is changing his shooting mechanics.

Schro is doing exactly what he has always done, abandoning the team game.

The problem is that none of these guys are being punished for bad behavior.  Bud is the architect of the style that can beat most teams with our talent, yet he refuses to punish the guys that don't abide by his product.  Go get Nick Van Exel, Snyder or Somebody who is not scared to give these guys the whatfor..  Then let's talk about what we should do after we have developed more discipline.

This is what i feel.  It's on Bud to fix this.   The guys seem too comfortable with their roles.   Really this is the first adversity Bud has faced as a head coach and this is where good coaches and great coaches get separated.    But we do have a personnel problem too.   We have a team full of backup quality wings (except Thabo should really be starting) and with Horford choosing not to really play the center role we don't have any decent centers on the roster.     Its a pretty critical time in the season for the Hawks to figure out if they are going to get it together or not.   Right now it's the old definition of insanity.  Are we going to continue to do the same thing and expect different results.

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Diesel said:

"Hawks need to blow it up"... "Hawks need to Trade Teague and turn the team over to Dennis".  "Hawks need to get rid of Teague and Splitter"...

OK... let's get real for a second.   When you get outrebounded by 17, you will lose most nights.   When you score 17 points in the 4th, you will lose most nights.  

Al Horford is just embarrassing right now.  He pulled down less boards than a man on a gimpy ankle who left in the 1st.  We got a chemistry problem.

We abandoned the TEAM philosophy that got us to 60.  What do you mean diesel?

Horford is playing to preserve himself.

Korver is changing his shooting mechanics.

Schro is doing exactly what he has always done, abandoning the team game.

The problem is that none of these guys are being punished for bad behavior.  Bud is the architect of the style that can beat most teams with our talent, yet he refuses to punish the guys that don't abide by his product.  Go get Nick Van Exel, Snyder or Somebody who is not scared to give these guys the whatfor..  Then let's talk about what we should do after we have developed more discipline.

This is what i feel.  It's on Bud to fix this.   The guys seem too comfortable with their roles.   Really this is the first adversity Bud has faced as a head coach and this is where good coaches and great coaches get separated.    But we do have a personnel problem too.   We have a team full of backup quality wings (except Thabo should really be starting) and with Horford choosing not to really play the center role we don't have any decent centers on the roster.     Its a pretty critical time in the season for the Hawks to figure out if they are going to get it together or not.   Right now it's the old definition of insanity.  Are we going to continue to do the same thing and expect different results.

Losing Quinn for some Euro dude definately seems like it has affected our toughness and accountability over the long haul.  

I think Bud has a size complex.  He'll reprimand, embarrass, and punish little PGs all day.  Al probably on pace for the worst field shooting and rebounding average OF HIS CAREER, "oh, he deserves to be in the All Star Game with Paul even though no one mentioned him."  GTFOH Buddy.  If you didn't know that game was over when they announced Sap wouldn't return you haven't watched enough.

And am I the only one who doesn't mind if Baze walks too?  Dribble-pass-shoot, his basic building blocks aren't satisfactory to me.  His "success" is clearly most attributable to Bud's Development.  If he were a true .459, .411 shooter he'd still be in GS where he'd still be cheap and defenders wouldn't even pay attention to him.  Jerry West seems to have an eye for those types of things.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Losing Quinn for some Euro dude definately seems like it has affected our toughness and accountability over the long haul.  

I think Bud has a size complex.  He'll reprimand, embarrass, and punish little PGs all day.  Al probably on pace for the worst field shooting and rebounding average OF HIS CAREER, "oh, he deserves to be in the All Star Game with Paul even though no one mentioned him."  GTFOH Buddy.  If you didn't know that game was over when they announced Sap wouldn't return you haven't watched enough.

And am I the only one who doesn't mind if Baze walks too?  Dribble-pass-shoot, his basic building blocks aren't satisfactory to me.  His "success" is clearly most attributable to Bud's Development.  If he were a true .459, .411 shooter he'd still be in GS where defenders wouldn't even pay attention to him.

He got Al doing a lot 

More than any of the PG's 

If Sefolosha doesn't go out for Splitter, maybe it's a different outcome but it very highly likely is not.

The sad thing is Sefolosha had to take over as the aggressor on offense for a bit. If Horford is a star, than why is he not carrying the team with a significant player out?

13 hours ago, pimp said:

:Horford: Rebounds??  What's a rebound??? Oooh, you mean that thing that i watch  non-elite centers do 15 to 20 times a game vs the Hawks?
Man , aint  nobody paying 25 mil dollars a year for rebounds.  Now mid-range jumpers....that's where the real money is.
 scroogecash.gif

Ha ha ha  - this is exactly the image that Al is putting out right now - shame really - he's been my favorite Hawks for along time.

I miss this Al.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYdxPop8B01booRdeFtGy

42 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I think it's time for a one week 'Squawk and Hawks watching ban for myself.  I need a break from this mess!  Trying to stay positive.....

MArtinWoosah.gif

@Spud2Nique feel free to join!  I'm sure @kg01 and @JayBirdHawk will miss you dearly though so you may not want to hurt their tender feelings.

Whoa, whoa, whoa ...

You talkin' to me?

You tryna get on the (s)hitlist too.  There's plenty-a room.

Seriously though, I can't take a Hawks break especially with my beloved Yellow Jackets still out of the basketball business yet another year.

57 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa ...

You talkin' to me?

You tryna get on the (s)hitlist too.  There's plenty-a room.

Seriously though, I can't take a Hawks break especially with my beloved Yellow Jackets still out of the basketball business yet another year.

I was actually trying to con him into leaving you guys for a week but then I did a 180 and threw your names in the mix.  

Damn, my emotions are all over the map hence the break.  Ok, last post.

Seriously.

3 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I was actually trying to con him into leaving you guys for a week but then I did a 180 and threw your names in the mix.  

Damn, my emotions are all over the map hence the break.  Ok, last post.

Seriously.

Yeah I know, brutha.  And I feel your pain.  I suggest going to one of those "We Bare All" roadside strip clubs, getting drunk-as-a-skunk and  .... well, whatever happens after that is on you.  When you wake up it'll all be better ... or exponentially worse.  Either way things will have changed for you. :laugh:

Just be sure to tip your Dolfan on your way out of the club.