• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CViv: Hawks and JJ may have mutual interest in reunion

Diesel

12 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

If the team was playing anywhere near the level they were last year he probably would be a lock to comeback. Now?  This team is probably more likely  to miss the playoffs.

You wanna bet? We make the playoffs you disappear for a month from squawk... If we miss the playoffs, I go for a month. Deal? Or are you gonna pretend you didn't say it? 

Omg...lol...now, not only am I a big fat black dude from Detroit, but this is my taste in women? Lol...wow...you want me to say it don't you @Dolfan23...fine...enjoy it...

WHERE DA WHITE WOMEN AT????

Are you happy now? 

I thought that was a compliment but maybe it's a really distasteful stereotype and you know what I am sorry@spud2nique.

I'm sorry but I just can't trust anyone who doesn't like big white butts, chicken and watermelon as they're all juicy and delicious! As Mr Wonderful would say... you're dead to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

Reasons unknown? Seriously? I'm not saying he deserved to be hated on but the guy didn't exactly treat the fans the way they deserve either.

JJ represents both the best and worst of the Hawks over a 7 year period and it's easy to understand why some may have trouble with cheering him on.

Please elaborate on this. I'm not sure it's fair to make one man responsible for this team's history of mediocrity. He came to this team when nobody else wanted to and made the Hawks better. There was absolutely no reason for the fans to boo Joe Johnson.  What made it worse was the fact he refused to say one negative word in return.

• Like 1

http://breslanta.com/2016/02/25/joe-johnson-atlanta-hawks-possibility/

Now one piece isn't strong evidence, but I think your general fan 1) doesn't know about Joe contract and 2) doesn't know the context of his comments about the fans. And boy did Joe just shit on the fans if all you did was read a headline.

Isn't that what news is about? It wasn't like it was an obscure article where the casual fan wouldn't have heard about that either. It was all over the news and especially the talking heads on the radio. The casual fans don't know or care about his contract, they only care about the way he came off as never really giving a damn about the Hawks, the fans or anything but his bling. That snarky remark only sealed his fate and the casual fans haven't forgotten or forgiven him for it.

Now I do think that it would be water under the bridge if he returned but I'm doubtful he wants anything to do with Atlanta again even though what the fans think won't be a concern of his.

10 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I thought that was a compliment but maybe it's a really distasteful stereotype and you know what I am sorry@spud2nique.

I'm sorry but I just can't trust anyone who doesn't like big white butts, chicken and watermelon as they're all juicy and delicious! As Mr Wonderful would say... you're dead to me!

Lmao...I can watch him all day...:-)

Please elaborate on this. I'm not sure it's fair to make one man responsible for this team's history of mediocrity. He came to this team when nobody else wanted to and made the Hawks better. There was absolutely no reason for the fans to boo Joe Johnson.  What made it worse was the fact he refused to say one negative word in return.

See the article posted by Fanatic above and my reply to him.

I'm not saying he is responsible for our history of mediocrity but Joe never did anything to show the fans that he cared about them in the way that guys like Zaza and Al or Millsap have. If he did then he wouldn't have become a hated man and people would have overlooked his comment as something being said in the moment. The reality is that his comment only cemented what people already knew and that's Joe only cared about Joe.

• Like 1

Not only was Joe booed mercilessly for silly reasons, but he was widely viewed as an albatross before Ferry dumped his contract on the Nets. Then we went on to have unprecedented success without him while simultaneously knocking his team out of the playoffs. Joe's not going to come running back now unless he gets no offers from decent teams. 

11 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Ah man, @Spud2Nique don't get down wit BWB's?

Aaron Paul OMG

Is this real life?  Even @JayBirdHawk is down wit BWB's!  It's ok, Spud2.  The doctor is in the house.  Google a lil' Phoenix Marie.  She'll get yer mind rite.

What were we talkin' about?

(10 points if you know why that gif is particularly funny.)

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, pimp said:

I just don't see why Joe would want to climb aboard a sinking ship , when he could sign with Cleveland ,and have a chance to play in the NBA finals, for the first time.

What makes Cleveland a less sinking ship than us?  Joe doesn't make them better than San Antonio or GS.    Moreover, Joe gets a better look playing for us.  Even if we don't resign him, he will get to have starter billing.  Cleveland, he's going to fit for time with Shump and JR.,..Moreover, they are already talking about him replacing Richard Jefferson.  really?  Here, he would be the starting SF and probably the goto guy at the end of games.   Which role do you think would be better for his future??

12 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Isn't that what news is about? It wasn't like it was an obscure article where the casual fan wouldn't have heard about that either. It was all over the news and especially the talking heads on the radio. The casual fans don't know or care about his contract, they only care about the way he came off as never really giving a damn about the Hawks, the fans or anything but his bling. That snarky remark only sealed his fate and the casual fans haven't forgotten or forgiven him for it.

Now I do think that it would be water under the bridge if he returned but I'm doubtful he wants anything to do with Atlanta again even though what the fans think won't be a concern of his.

Oh yeah, this is right in line with my thinking. But for whatever reason it is, and I'm not entirely sure how to describe it, there's a large section of internet fans (clearly not representative of the whole) who get up in arms about Joe.

"Why the hell are these trash fans booing him! NOT HIS FAULT FOR THAT CONTRACT!!!"

"Joe's the greatest Hawk in the past 20 years, idiot fans booing him!!!"

etc. to which I'm baffled. Like, people aren't booing the contract. They're not even booing the whole context (of which, even accounting for how Joe said it and in what surrounded it I don't think it absolves him because it did anger me). Joe got hit with the headline media and that's what sticks with your casual fans booing him. And I don't necessarily think it's because we have stupid fans. They're just as "dumb" as every other group out there (I don't think I'd reference them as dumb though). It's those comments that still resonate with the typical fan. And 75% of Philips Arena is that typical fan.

I wouldn't be opposed to it if he weren't a minus defender.  His post game is light years ahead of anything we have and I've always admired his passing.  Hindsight being 20/20, his style of play has aged him beautifully.  He should have 2 more years left of great health.

I've always marveled at his body type as much as his unwillingness to use it properly in Atlanta.  If he's cheap what the hell.  I have no delusions that he's somehow hungry for a championship, though. We'll get our toughness and rebounding next year.  Or not.

13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'll tell you.

Korver and DMC.  Those were our best shooters last year.  Their shooting was in Orbit.  While they were shooting high, Budball was unstoppable.   Sorta like trying to stop Curry.  When you focus on the shooters everything else opens up.  That's the virtue of Budball.   Well, now, we try to get shots from Baze, Teague, Dennis, Sap and Horf.  While that's admirable, none of them has the consistency that we saw from Korver and the BKK.   And while all of them have raised their shooting, it has not been enough of an effect to make the team get to where they were.  

Enter JJ.   He's shooting pretty good since the start of the new year.   Moreover, in our system, he will get a lot of open looks.  I can see him being a lightening rod that turns on the Frakenstein monster of Budball.   Also.. DMC did the little things that our offense and defense needed.

Right now, Budball has been reduced to high pick and roll and ISOball.  That's because Budball is a product of trust and maturity.  Two things that Joe brings.

This is five star Diesel who I like

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Having thought about it, I'm wondering if this is even true.  Miami was dumping salary to avoid the luxury "repeater tax".  Wouldn't adding Joe keep them at luxury tax level?