• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We have shit clutch options. the worst in the NBA. 

How come we were awesome last year then? I believe we were actually the "clutchest" team in the entire league. It's not unusual for that to even out, which is what we are seeing this year. "clutch" situations are statistically proven to be more variance then anything. It's rare for any team to dominate clutch situations for a long period of time... usually you will get a 50/50 split on one possession games. We are probably just seeing the pendulum swing the other way after getting really lucky last year. 

Having said all that, one thing I'd like to see is for us to move away from ISO Paul at the end of games though. We should run a pick and roll with Teague and Horford, it's a no brainer.

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

How come we were awesome last year then? I believe we were actually the "clutchest" team in the entire league. It's not unusual for that to even out, "clutch" situations are more variance then anything. One thing I'd like to see is for us to move away from ISO Paul at the end of games though. We should run a pick and roll with Teague and Horford, it's a no brainer.

Carroll was a great clutch player.

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Carroll was a great clutch player.

I believe it was Horford who was the clutches player last year. Teague and Millsap also had massively good clutch stats last year, also Korver was money in clutch situations (and all other situations for that matter lol)....I personally don't remember Carrol winning many games with last second shots honestly... If you are implying he is the difference between us being an elite clutch team, and one of the worst, I don't really buy it.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

clock  management with atrocious in overtime

Burning the second 20 sec time out was not a good move.... however it ended up not making much of a difference because Cleveland fouled us on the subsequent possession, so we would have ended up with no timeouts during our last possession regardless. What was costly however was taking too long to foul, which cost us two or three seconds that would have been huge at the end there.

Edited by Atlantaholic

Ouch. This could have been a signature win.  The team fought back when both teams played great in spurts and bad during others. Don't want to dwell on the LeBron no calls right right now (it was some bs),  but the biggest pain point was obvious. I know the entire bench didn't help much tonight,  but Schröder just gums up the offense and messes with the game flow when he comes in. Not just the turnovers, but he takes the energy out of the ball like a Harden or Melo would,  but he's neither of those guys right now. 

I can't even be mad at him anymore. Bud can't be too upset about it because it sure looks like he's given some type of greenlight out there with the offense. I love the aggressiveness, but he's not talented enough to make that many mistakes at the moment. Recent games make me feel stupid for envisioning him as Teague's replacement anytime soon. 

The other obvious issue in this game was the game tying  and game winning situations.  Goodness gracious. I'm fine with missing a shot, but our attempts look pathetic. I get the last one was somewhat on the fly,  but both were horribly set up.