• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

K. Humphries is back!

swolehawk2

Humph should have plenty of minutes right off the bat backing up Sap and then later at center as well when Dwight and especially Tiago miss minutes or even games. Hoping for good health but either way Humph showed he can help a lot at center even with a power forward body. We're going to get some doggone boards this year.   

39 minutes ago, Alex said:

Humphries at that price is a bargain.  This is assuming he actually gets to play though.  If he gets the Bud treatment like he did during the playoffs then it's a dumb signing.

I was thinking the same thing. I love having him back, but I hope that Bud actually plays him while he's here. I couldn't understand why he kept him planted on the bench so much last year.

• Like 3

Thinking Bud learned a lesson against the Cavs in the playoffs .Humph was more of a center than Al was in those games. If he didn't learn than it really is an unexplainable mystery.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Sorry hazer, we don't talk about Selltics on the main board.

Been here since '08, so I am "we". I was talking about Budcox's FA negotiations and Bud's "prior" rebounding philosophy, but I see what you did there :deke:

33 minutes ago, hazer said:

Been here since '08, so I am "we". I was talking about Budcox's FA negotiations and Bud's "prior" rebounding philosophy, but I see what you did there :deke:

I feel like you're pulling the "do you know who I am" card.  Whas up wit that, haz?

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I feel like you're pulling the "do you know who I am" card.  Whas up wit that, haz?

I'm just being a smarta$$ :approved:

Awesome he has a better skill set than Al did, better rebounder, tougher and has a good outside shot. He was a real spark for us at the end of the season. Super happy about this move. Him, Dwight and Millsap will be real tough inside.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Him, Dwight and Millsap will be real tough inside.

Yep, when teams want to try and go big on us, we can roll with that lineup for a brief amount of time. Or include Splitter. Or Tavares. We've got some mix-and-match options this season. More than last season that's for certain.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, swanlee said:

Awesome he has a better skill set than Al did, better rebounder, tougher and has a good outside shot. He was a real spark for us at the end of the season. Super happy about this move. Him, Dwight and Millsap will be real tough inside.

Let's not oversell it.  The guy does not have a good outside shot.  He is a career 37-41% midrange shooter and a career 27% 3pt shooter.  He shot 25.8% for us from 3 last season.  He is a great rebounder which makes him a useful reserve.

I'm thrilled to have him filling one of the last openings on this roster.  Just don't want to set the bar unrealistically high.

5 hours ago, swanlee said:

I still think Humphries brings more to the table than Al does

Naw man. We can all hate on Whorefart for how he left and how soft he was, but he is still a top 30ish player in the NBA. I'm glad we have Humph back, but he doesn't bring more to the table than the Green Puke did.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Naw man. We can all hate on Whorefart for how he left and how soft he was, but he is still a top 30ish player in the NBA. I'm glad we have Humph back, but he doesn't bring more to the table than the Green Puke did.

"The Green Puke" -- love it... ¡El Vómito Verde!

10 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

SF concerns me so much... Our new Achille's heel...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have WAY more small forward options than last year.  Baze can play small forward against all guys not named Carmelo, Lebron, and Durant.  We have Thabo and Prince.  You can also slide Brembry over there certain nights.  I think we have to trust bud on the wing rotation and the maturation of THjr and Baze.  We may actually have a really deep team this year. We should be a defensive monster.  If our wings step up and knock down their open shots (which we had the most of any team last year) we may revert back to the 2014 - 2015 hawks with an actual inside presence in Dwight. 

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I feel your pain. But it's not really anything new to me. Been waiting for a genyouwine 3 and D SF for a long while. Sure Thabo qualifies for the D part, but isn't a consistent threat on offense.

At least now we have a genyouwine 3 and D SF on the roster.... as Abraham Lincoln once remarked, can't win the lottery until you buy a ticket. Ticket bought.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Have you seen Bembry and Prince play? We are in better shape than last season when we were starting players like Justine Holiday and Lamar Patterson at that spot.

Not to mention both Thabo and Korver are NOT coming back from major surgeries this offseason.

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 2