• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How long will Dwight be happy with so few touches?

Admin

I suspect he'll take 11/19/3 all day long as long as his team is winning and they make ECFs. I'll go on record as projecting him at 18/13/3 for the year and no fuss from The ATL Kid...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hazer said:

I suspect he'll take 11/19/3 all day long as long as his team is winning and they make ECFs. I'll go on record as projecting him at 18/13/3 for the year and no fuss from The ATL Kid...

Yup. My projection is pretty damn close. 18/14/2.5 and with both FG% and FT% above 60 this year. Howard has looked great in almost every game wearing a Hawk's uni so far, and I think all the work he has done on his shooting in the offseason will start paying off dividends at some point this season.

• Like 3

He has a part to play in that as well. His activity level was really low in the second half. On a couple of occasions it looked like he was nursing his hand a little bit (hopefully my imagination), but maybe he just gassed out a bit after exerting so much energy in the first half of opening night. I really don't remember him fighting Gortat at all for position. Just kind of standing there not making himself available for anything. 

It's going to take time for our offense to figure things out. There were a lot of unforced turnovers and stagnant possessions. I just hope we see steady improvement in execution during these early weeks. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

He has a part to play in that as well. His activity level was really low in the second half. On a couple of occasions it looked like he was nursing his hand a little bit (hopefully my imagination), but maybe he just gassed out a bit after exerting so much energy in the first half of opening night. I really don't remember him fighting Gortat at all for position. Just kind of standing there not making himself available for anything. 

It's going to take time for our offense to figure things out. There were a lot of unforced turnovers and stagnant possessions. I just hope we see steady improvement in execution during these early weeks. 

Agreed, Dwight needs to make himself available in half couet sets. But like Dolf said a few times the ball should have been passed to him in the post and it was missed. I'll chalk it up to the learning process. We haven't had that kind of post action in awhile.

What did Whorefart have in his first game with the Selltix, 11pts/6rebs barely beating the lowly Nitz? His replacement had 11/19 beating the supposedly superior Wiz by 15. All. Day. Long...

• Like 2

The Wizards have great quick hands. They weren't allowing a lot of extra passes and long post ups. We will see more of Dwight v. Philly and Sacramento. If you look at the hustle stats, Washington is right at the top.

Washington wasn't bad but they like us needs some more chemistry

It's going to take until the 1st of the year for our new starting lineup and rotation to hit their stride. Luckily we have an easy early winnable schedule while they figure things out. Schröder wasn't good tonight (2 assists, 4 to's), so I put it on him that Howard didn't get enough touches. It will work itself out in time.

I also doubt that Howard imagines averaging 20/15 for the season. If he gets 15/12 he's an all star and performing better than Horford did for us. Plus 7 offensive rebounds! He could get himself enough touches.

10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Dennis was not getting him the ball. 

It had less to do with Dennis and more to do with Washington's defense. Which was good at deflections and having quick hands. Even in the pre-season, they were causing a lot of turnovers.