• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Kings at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Admin
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Re-watching the game right now.  Dwight forced the 3rd foul on both Ty Lawson and Rudy Gay in the 1st half.  Then forced foul #4 on Rudy when the Kings were really surging in that 3rd quarter.  Dwight also forced Koufos to get his 4th foul in that 3rd quarter. 

Joerger stupidly left Gay out on the floor in that 3rd quarter, and he picked up foul #5 trying to defend a wild shot by Baze.   Kings were up 6 at that point and threatening to blow the game wide open.   

The Hawks then promptly went on a 16 - 3 run with Gay out of the game, to regain the lead, before giving the lead right back at the end of the 3rd.   But they took control in the 4th, got the lead back, and completely shut the Kings down.   

Kings were +13 in that 3rd quarter when Gay was in the game.  

Kings were -12 from the mid 3rd to early 4th quarter, when Gay was out of the game.   And by the time Rudy had come back, the Kings had lost all of the offensive mojo they had in the 3rd.

Thabo was a whopping +18 in the 4th quarter.

Thabo has been a man on a mission so far this season ... he gets better as he gets older

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Thabo has been a man on a mission so far this season ... he gets better as he gets older

NBA version of a fine Cabernet. +18 in one quarter is pretty nuts at any level. 

21 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Rudy can ball.  Been telling people that for years.  He'd be a great #2 guy alongside a star player . . . or an ideal player on a team like ours, when we need a shot creator.

If we didn't have so many solid wings already I'd like him, but he'd just get in Thabo's way now, lol

Also, on this team, not one player takes shit from the opponent. They are all poised (but not overly aggresive/emotional).

Horford and Teague would have been punked by the Kings a bit in a game like this, I think. These Hawks can play just as physical and take everything in stride.

3 minutes ago, kurupt said:

Also, on this team, not one player takes shit from the opponent. They are all poised (but not overly aggresive/emotional).

Horford and Teague would have been punked by the Kings a bit in a game like this, I think. These Hawks can play just as physical and take everything in stride.

A "bit"?  Cousins 'bowed Alice in the face last year.  His response?  Point at Cousins and whine to the refs.

Paul Millsap plays for and Al Horford played for Atlanta Hawks.  "I tol' them Boogie tried ta mess up my beautiful lips."

34 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Rudy can ball.  Been telling people that for years.  He'd be a great #2 guy alongside a star player . . . or an ideal player on a team like ours, when we need a shot creator.

It's too late now. Sacramento needs him and they aren't trading him

Mike Conti @MikeConti929

Through one week...

Dwight Howard: #1 in the NBA in offensive rebounds AND blocks/game

Thabo Sefolosha: #1 in the NBA in steals/game

As of this morning, the Hawks lead the league (per game) in...

Steals

Forced turnovers

Scoring defense

Scoring differential

Defense rating

18 minutes ago, kurupt said:

You do realize that the Hawks have not had any problem beating the Kings the past few years?

Like I get that folks are happy with a new look but to act like we would not beat this team because of two former players is ridiculous. Especially when you consider just how easy they handled this same team with said former players on the roster

• Like 2

And I don't see how its a problem that some fans are pointing out some things they are concerned about. If you can be overly positive and happy about things then why cant people voice concerns with some issues? I'm willing to bet that Bud and all the players in that locker room see some things they want to correct and clean up moving forward.

Pointing out some flaws and concerns does not mean people are miserable. Just means they know this team can execute better in certain areas.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

He's like a fine wine! How's that for a cliche?:-|

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Who is the DPOY so far? Thabo or Dwight?

Yes?

6 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

And I don't see how its a problem that some fans are pointing out some things they are concerned about. If you can be overly positive and happy about things then why cant people voice concerns with some issues? I'm willing to bet that Bud and all the players in that locker room see some things they want to correct and clean up moving forward.

Pointing out some flaws and concerns does not mean people are miserable. Just means they know this team can execute better in certain areas.

Who said it's a problem for folks to see issues/concerns?  We all see issues.  It's the first week of the season and we have 2 new starters.

No one has blasted anyone for not being all sunshine.  Not that I've seen anyway.

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yes?

Who said it's a problem for folks to see issues/concerns?  We all see issues.  It's the first week of the season and we have 2 new starters.

No one has blasted anyone for not being all sunshine.  Not that I've seen anyway.

I think its on page 2 or 3. I have seen the "miserable ones" comment a few times

13 hours ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Yea I didn't like his shot selection  and how he missed Dwight a few times when he was open

I didn't want to say he was bad and he wasn't really good so I thought solid was  a good description. But I do understand why you wouldn't even consider him solid with some of the things you listed.

D8 and D17 are still learning to play together.  I saw the missed passes to D8 but I also saw D8 looking a bit lost on offense every now and then.  There's also less pick-and-roll action than I would expect.  This should all improve as the season progresses.

Thoughts on the game overall is that it was a bit sloppy with just about everyone missing layups and open shots.  Probably had something to do with the constant fouls.