• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta overpaid for Dwight at this stage and should have never paid Bazemore

NBASupes

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So far in Toronto . . . 

18 pts - 9 rebs  . . . in 18 minutes . . . +16 for the game for Howard ( non-impact numbers, of course )

Hawks up 17, in arguably their best half of the year.  

That's what I want to see as does everyone. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

They have tried it but it leads to turnovers. Dwight has to have better hands as well. 

The turnovers are not always Dwight's fault though. Yes his hands could be better.

59 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes, but your topic heading regarding Dwight is just not true.

He hasn't played anywhere near this good so yes, my thread is true till he produces like this on a nightly basis. He too lazy all around to not give us this on a nightly basis. 

This is a superstar performance or to put it simple, This was Orlando Dwight.  No one here expects him to be a superstar on a nightly basis.  We need him to keep performing at his current allstar level.  

I can't believe i've read through this thread and see so much poop on Dwight and Dennis arguable our two best players over the past 10 games.  I think the team will continue to improve as long as we keep Bazemore and Korver on the bench.   Having Hardway as a secondary creator is helping our offense so much and I believe our defense will come around once the team adjusts to this lineup. 

Anywho, even though the Hawks have played like poo they are only ONE game out of third. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He hasn't played anywhere near this good so yes, my thread is true till he produces like this on a nightly basis. He too lazy all around to not give us this on a nightly basis. 

Well I agree that he should give us this on a nightly basis but it hasn't completely been Howard's fault...there has also been issues getting the ball to Howard on several occasions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's had games like this before and yes I would love to see more consistentcy but of course you place unrealistic expectations on him. He's not Orlando Dwight. His salary is right where it needs to be relative to other centers vs production.

So your premise that the Hawks overpaid is still ludicrous.

i didn't see you complain when Al showed up in his cement boots with his 3/4 rebounds games. Why didn't he give us more on a nightly basis?

They made an effort to get Dwight involved...for the season..8.8 FGA/Game.  Tonight 10 in the first half...17 point lead.  When you play inside out, you limit fast breaks, have a chance to set up the defense and create room for your shooters. It is basketball 101 and you saw what it did tonight.

Because Dennis did his job in the first half, it opened up things for the shooters in the second half.  But the excessive jump shooting in the second half is what let Toronto back in the game....inside out, ball movement.  Quick passes into the post, quick early decisions, no ball pounding = success...pure and simple.

• Like 4

Let's not turn this into a nightly contest of "see I was right about Dwight."  The results will be all over the place.  It's on Bud to maximize his historic above-the-rim abilities and limit his shortcomings on the floor.  Ask Van Gundy and McHale.  The shits's hard.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Those are SUPERSTAR stats though.  No one expected the superstar version of Dwight to come.  Heck, we would've KILLED if Horford averaged 18 and 9 in a game, let alone in a half.

27 pts - 15 rebs . . +16 . . . in 34 minutes for Dwight tonight.   Those are 1st team all-NBA numbers right there.  No one was expecting that from him.

Horford had more fantasy points than Dwight last night. Impact guys>>>

With that said, Dwight was an impact guy last night, I want to see this Dwight. This is the one I was starting to like again. 

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Let's not turn this into a nightly contest of "see I was right about Dwight."  The results will be all over the place.  It's on Bud to maximize his historic above-the-rim abilities and limit his shortcomings on the floor.  Ask Van Gundy and McHale.  The shits's hard.

We have a large enough sample size already and the stats (and actually watching the games) all prove that Dwight is nowhere near being "overpaid". We don't need to play the nightly contest. Now of course no one expected Dwight to come in here and be a superstar like he was in Orlando or even last night. You can't expect only the good, superstar qualities and not expect some of the other poorer qualities. That's just not realistic. We can diss on some of Dwight's poor qualities (hands, turnovers, not the best at moving his feet on defense), but we forget that we brought this guy in to mainly get rebounds and be a force near the basket. That is exactly what he has been doing all season. People forget how many offensive rebounds teams were getting on us before. You can prop up Horford all you want, but the guy couldn't do the job of a Center. Don't see how anyone in their right mind could say Dwight is overpaid right now when compared to Horford. We have now beaten the Cavs and the Raptors - something we hardly could ever do before.

Dwight and Dennis will continue to win the Hawks games, but for whatever reason will continue to get shit on by some of the fan base. They see one bad drive that may lead to a turnover by Dennis, but forget the 5 other times where he successfully finished or dished it out for an assist. They want Dennis to run the offense more like Teague, yet forget the times when people were shitting on Teague for not being more aggressive. They also forget Teague had the luxury of having wings and a center that could actually make a shot. It's different now.

Edited by Bankingitbig
  • Like 3

Agreed, I liked Jeff but he fell asleep at the most inopportune times and sometimes for entire quarters. All that speed but so much depended on his mood ring's color. Its looking better and better with Dennis. More teeth to pull here and there I'm sure but when we get to the playoffs thinking we'll show well with him at point. 

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, thecampster said:

They made an effort to get Dwight involved...for the season..8.8 FGA/Game.  Tonight 10 in the first half...17 point lead.  When you play inside out, you limit fast breaks, have a chance to set up the defense and create room for your shooters. It is basketball 101 and you saw what it did tonight.

Because Dennis did his job in the first half, it opened up things for the shooters in the second half.  But the excessive jump shooting in the second half is what let Toronto back in the game....inside out, ball movement.  Quick passes into the post, quick early decisions, no ball pounding = success...pure and simple.

This is the type of post the 'Squawk needs more of. No agenda, just pure fundamental basketball. The Hawks are making the game harder than what it has to be by not adapting to the current personnel. No matter what the 'play' is, if the big man has his defender sealed in the post, you get it to him. There is no other option. Howard's 'up and down' offensive game has little to do with him personally. He just dunks and/or banks it off the glass. That's it. He doesn't have to get 'hot' from the outside or get his offense going. He converts at a high percentage but HE NEEDS THE BALL IN ORDER TO DO THAT CONSISTENTLY. Most here on the 'Squawk criticized Houston/Harden for how Howard was utilized there, but seem to have no issue with Dwight only averaging 9 shots a game here. Then we criticize him for his 'inconsistent' play. Really?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's had games like this before and yes I would love to see more consistentcy but of course you place unrealistic expectations on him. He's not Orlando Dwight. His salary is right where it needs to be relative to other centers vs production.

So your premise that the Hawks overpaid is still ludicrous.

i didn't see you complain when Al showed up in his cement boots with his 3/4 rebounds games. Why didn't he give us more on a nightly basis?

Image result for nail on the head meme

Image result for accurate