Official Game Thread: Timberwolves at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Why does it matter when both of them are not good. Hump has the higher per but a -11.1 on the court +/- ratio, again he's been an unobjected disaster when he's been on the court, period. And he's played 20 games (just 10 minutes but still) so it's not exactly a small sample size.

Every single one of these stretch fours need to get cut, but because they shoot threes they'll stay.

+/_ is a team stat while per is an individual stat.  Its important because one player plays over 30 minutes per night and you don't have the same degree of criticism vs a player with better efficiency rating doesn't play at all.

Just now, Lurker said:

He's played 20 games and 10 minutes per game in those, a PLENTY big enough sample size. He's been total trash this season and has never been a good NBA player.

He needs to be cut. So do Kelly and Muscala.

I guess I have just happened to miss the games Humphries has played  a lot in this year so I guess i am going to take your word on it.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

+/_ is a team stat while per is an individual stat.  Its important because one player plays over 30 minutes per night and you don't have the same degree of criticism vs a player with better efficiency rating doesn't play at all.

Every time he's played he's been an unobjected disaster. He's blown layups inside and blown defensive assignments in the defensive scheme. He earned his way out of the rotation.

He would have done diddly to change this game.

• Premium Member
Just now, Trout7 said:

I guess I have just happened to miss the games Humphries has played  a lot in this year so I guess i am going to take your word on it.

I guess at some point discussions with Lurker become pointless because there is no logic to his argument.   He was dogging Muscala the entire night even though he was one of the best players for the Hawks tonight.  Tonight was the perfect time to play Hump to take pressure off of Millsap but yet he will argue that Bud was right in not playing hump even thought the result was a loss.  You win Lurker Good night!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He's played 20 games and 10 minutes per game in those, a PLENTY big enough sample size. He's been total trash this season and has never been a good NBA player.

He needs to be cut. So do Kelly ed to miss the games Humphries has played  a lot in this year so I guess i am going to take your word on it.

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I guess at some point discussions with Lurker become pointless because there is no logic to his argument.   He was dogging Muscala the entire night even though he was one of the best players for the Hawks tonight.  Tonight was the perfect time to play Hump to take pressure off of Millsap but yet he will argue that Bud was right in not playing hump even thought the result was a loss.  You win Lurker Good night!

I thought Lurker was female.LOL. 

• Like 1

I can't figure this team out. The weirdest team in my 30 years of being a Hawks fan. One day I wanna tank, the next I think we have a shot at the finals. 

Ill roll with it. Kind of have no other choice. Lol.

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I can't figure this team out. The weirdest team in my 30 years of being a Hawks fan. One day I wanna tank, the next I think we have a shot at the finals. 

I think i would lean toward the tank train of thought.LOL. 

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

When I said this, I was crazy.

Gee whiz!  We sure have some very observant posters here on Hawksquawk.

Lurker has been on here for over 1600 posts.

This reminds me of a story I'll share with you:

In the summertime, a new family moved in next door to a young boy, just school age.

They had a child about his own age.  They quickly became friends and playmates.

On the first day of school, they met at the school bus stop.  The young boy gasped

in amazement.  "Oh, my gosh!  You're a girl!"  Yep.  Today, for the first time, he saw

his new best friend in a dress!

It's been there all the time.  Right under her name is the fact:  Gender - Female.

Lurker, I'm sorry.  But I'm glad some of our posters here has FINALLY awakened.

:hmm:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Gee whiz!  We sure have some very observant posters here on Hawksquawk.

Lurker has been on here for over 1600 posts.

This reminds me of a story I'll share with you:

In the summertime, a new family moved in next door to a young boy, just school age.

They had a child about his own age.  They quickly became friends and playmates.

On the first day of school, they met at the school bus stop.  The young boy gasped

in amazement.  "Oh, my gosh!  You're a girl!"  Yep.  Today, for the first time, he saw

his new best friend in a dress!

It's been there all the time.  Right under her name is the fact:  Gender - Female.

Lurker, I'm sorry.  But I'm glad some of our posters here has FINALLY awakened.

:hmm:

In my defense I didn't even realize you could see gender under a username until you said that. I'm equally grumpy and old with all. :p

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

When I said this, I was crazy.

Ok I'll at least give you credit for this.  We've played extremely well half the time and extremely terrible the other half, so you should've just pegged us in the middle which is where we are pretty much hovering.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Trout7 said:

Just release Humphries Bud if you are not going to use him in a game like tonight's, where we gave them 3 minute possessions without a rebound. Bud thinks man bun is a star.

When we signed Kris at four million I was happy about the signing and loved the price in this NBA big money environment but if he is not used even as a third string big then its a bust of a roster spot. He's been played barely over two hundred minutes total this season and I think I've seen maybe thirty minutes of that. He hasn't played well in the time I've seen him but there is a use for someone that plays with no respect for his own body in the paint.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Thomas said:

When we signed Kris at four million I was happy about the signing and loved the price in this NBA big money environment but if he is not used even as a third string big then its a bust of a roster spot. He's been played barely over two hundred minutes total this season and I think I've seen maybe thirty minutes of that. He hasn't played well in the time I've seen him but there is a use for someone that plays with no respect for his own body in the paint.  

Other players have played terrible at times also but they don't receive the Kris Humphries treatment.  I wonder why?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Other players have played terrible at times also but they don't receive the Kris Humphries treatment.  I wonder why?

Mysterious thought process there by Bud I guess. It was like a gun was pretty much against Bud's head in the playoffs against the Cavs. Get something physical in there or we go home and Kris surely helped. Love kissing the floor almost immediately was a quick example of that. In the last two games without Dwight and of course Tiago I figured there would be at least something for Kris to do. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Mysterious thought process there by Bud I guess. A gun was pretty much against Bud's head in the playoffs against the Cavs. Get something physical in there or go home and Kris surely helped. Love kissing the floor almost immediately was a quick example of that. In the last two games without Dwight and of course Tiago I figured there would be at least something for Kris to do. 

And of course Bud sat on his hand as usual as we got pounded on the boards which was the difference in the game.  Minnesota couldn't buy a shot last night but second chance opportunities got them over the Hump.  Its bizarre to me that he avoids criticism except from a select few for making those type of decisions on a regular basis

• Like 2