• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Mavericks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Just dont say anything any more. Dirk whas a great defender in his prime and still is a good team defender. Dont let old Dirk torero moves fool you because they are so obvious. He whas much like Horford on D back in the day. And yeah, Millsap is beasting almost every night. Many people where yapping about him when he played 5 great games and one bad, and after 3 good games in they where still acting like he played in that 1 bad one. He is so much of our offense right now, with Dwight being such a non-factor in actual plays.

Millsap has shot 38.7% from the field 31.7% from 3 over the last 10 games. Hardly beasting almost every night.  While Howard is shooting 62.5% from the field along with 14 rebounds per game over those same 10 games...Hardly being considered a non factor

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

While Howard is shooting 62.5% from the field along with 14 rebounds per game...Hardly being a non factor

To be honest thats more than I was expecting at the beginning of the season and was also very worried about him staying healthy as well. Pretty doggone happy with him so far. 

This bashing of Millsap is silly. He would be direly missed if he was gone because then you have NO passing big men that the wings can feed off of that aren't liabilities on defense if they play too much.

In today's game FG%, rebounding, and blocks are not the only thing that matters from big men. You have to be a good passer. You have to be mobile enough to come out on the PNR and defend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

This bashing of Millsap is silly. He would be direly missed if he was gone because then you have NO passing big men that the wings can feed off of that aren't liabilities on defense if they play too much.

In today's game FG%, rebounding, and blocks are not the only thing that matters from big men. You have to be a good passer. You have to be mobile enough to come out on the PNR and defend.

Your posts contradict themselves a lil...yesterday in a post you were sayin we should blow it up...now this.

Im in the same boat though...we are in a funky position as a franchise.

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Your posts contradict themselves a lil...yesterday in a post you were sayin we should blow it up...now this.

Im in the same boat though...we are in a funky position as a franchise.

If you want to pretend to compete, you keep Millsap. But if you trade him, the play of the team will drop off by a lot.

Millsap would be doing much better if Howard wasn't clogging the lane. They don't really fit each other's game. Millsap is a freelance player on offense that needs space to do his thing.

Edited by Lurker

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If you want to pretend to compete, you keep Millsap. But if you trade him, the play of the team will drop off by a lot.

Millsap would be doing much better if Howard wasn't clogging the lane. They don't really fit each other's game. Millsap is a freelance player on offense that needs space to do his thing.

I understand what you're saying but if that's the case, I have a question. Who fits with Dwight? Like which power forward in the NBA right now fits with Dwight? He's always gonna clog the lane so which type of pf works well in clogged situations?

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

I understand what you're saying but if that's the case, I have a question. Who fits with Dwight? Like which power forward in the NBA right now fits with Dwight? He's always gonna clog the lane so which type of pf works well in clogged situations?

Honestly no one. Maybe mix Ryan Anderson with Paul Millsap's passing skills.

You would need prime Hedo or Rashard Lewis. Those were the players that had the passing skills that Millsap had but also were great shooters.

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If you want to pretend to compete, you keep Millsap.

Pretend to compete? Our games against two of the three or four best teams in the league.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899550

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899374 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Honestly no one. Maybe mix Ryan Anderson with Paul Millsap's passing skills.

You would need prime Hedo or Rashard Lewis. Those were the players that had the passing skills that Millsap had but also were great shooters.

Ya I was think Horry or someone but I can't see too many available pf, or any that fit your description and also on the market.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Al Horford

• Like 1

Periobird and especially Sothron. I dont have an "agenda". Stop laying words in peoples mouth and then parade when Dwight plays great. Stop being silly. I root for Dwight each game as well.

Im not on the defensive. You should be. Its evident to anyone who knows a bit of basketball that Dwight is not taking part much in plays and that is not a critique. It is to do with his lack of creative qualities, which is why Millsap matters so much. Millsap is not only a good passer like someone else noted, but he posts up far away from the basket multiple times a game, more often than not after creating mismatches. Stuff like that does not only create points by Millsap, but also causes scrambling defenses and lots of fouls.

Millsap is involved in allot more offensive plays because he can play away from the basket and can play of the dribble. Which gets him in allot of way more difficult scoring positions compared to 60+ FG% Dwight. Simple as that.

Im feeling like Im saying "the pope is catholic" but whatever...and IMO they fit great together. Dwight is used like he should be used. The question just is, how he takes it. But just look at their combined stats. Look at how many TO's we made when trying to create for Dwight.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Periobird and especially Sothron. I dont have an "agenda". Stop laying words in peoples mouth and then parade when Dwight plays great. Stop being silly. I root for Dwight each game as well.

Im not on the defensive. You should be. Its evident to anyone who knows a bit of basketball that Dwight is not taking part much in plays and that is not a critique. It is to do with his lack of creative qualities, which is why Millsap matters so much. Millsap is not only a good passer like someone else noted, but he posts up far away from the basket multiple times a game, more often than not after creating mismatches. Stuff like that does not only create points by Millsap, but also causes scrambling defenses and lots of fouls.

Millsap is involved in allot more offensive plays because he can play away from the basket and can play of the dribble. Which gets him in allot of way more difficult scoring positions compared to 60+ FG% Dwight. Simple as that.

Im feeling like Im saying "the pope is catholic" but whatever...

He would be worthy of praise if he could actually make those shots. Therefore I label him overrated by posters here because he is given credit for creating but not making shots

Well, since this is a game thread and all, a pretty balanced win for us and Prince did show what he can do on defense for us on several plays. Some good offense and some very good defense in this game overall for the Hawks. Just to irritate folks a bit, here are a few stats.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899978

vor 17 Minuten, Sothron sagte:

Dwight is not a playmaker. That is is not some kind of failing on his part. He is a pure post up center on offense and we should be getting him the ball more. I don't know why but you have consistently criticized Dwight all season. You give him no credit for his outstanding rebounding, defense, post ability or even the fact he has almost zero turnovers per game, sets good picks and is even hitting free throws at a career level this season.

That's what I call an agenda. You, Lurker, Supes and a couple of other posters want to paint Dwight out as some kind of negative on the team when he's been nothing but a pure positive.

dont you realize that you arent better in any way? 

I mean maybe they are a bit harsh with Dwight but on the other hand you praise him as if he wouldnt have any flaws.

e.g.: outstanding post ability. I already once gave yall dh8 fanboys his post stats. Hes a bad post player actually. He has no moves, bad accuracy on hook shots (overall with his back to the basket) and turns it over fast when pounding the ball. 

But before you call out any agenda... Dwight is great at what he does atm. Putbacks, easy dunks, rebounding, rim protection and he actually shows more effort on perimeter d in the last couple of games.

But then again i have to admit that im with DS17FB on being worried about Dwights willingness to stay with the role he had so far this season.