• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Mavericks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Sothron said:

There's a Kids in the Hall skit...he's hip, he's cool, he's 40 or something like that. It was exactly what went through my mind when he called me a hipster. I literally never had a cell phone until Christmas 2016 because my wife forced one on me

The Kids in the Hall were good stuff.  Saw something on terriers a few weeks ago and my kids were really confused why and how that could inspire me to break out into song.

This video will be the greatest thing you see all day.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

The Kids in the Hall were good stuff.  Saw something on terriers a few weeks ago and my kids were really confused why and how that could inspire me to break out into song.

My wife had an Airedale terrier growing up, we gave my parents a Welsh Terrier named Murphy (named after Dale Murphy) whose still with us. Love those dogs. My IT blocks all youtube stuff but I'm guessing this is the terriers song.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My wife had an Airedale terrier growing up, we gave my parents a Welsh Terrier named Murphy (named after Dale Murphy) whose still with us. Love those dogs. My IT blocks all youtube stuff but I'm guessing this is the terriers song.

What else could it be?  Its been a while since I've seen that but it holds up pretty well.  :ok:

• Like 1

On 1/8/2017 at 5:13 PM, StephenHawking said:

dont you realize that you arent better in any way? 

I mean maybe they are a bit harsh with Dwight but on the other hand you praise him as if he wouldnt have any flaws.

Think the point is missed, we beat the Cavs in a typical bruise it up game which well represents a playoff game. Beat the Spurs in a long five quarters as well. Dwight out rebounded Tristan by fifteen fracking rebounds in one game at their house. We beat them and its not about his flaws here because really the Hawks have more than just one. But it is about what he can do in the paint for the Hawks and its working. Six straight.   

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I feel like some on here need one of these...

I gotta learn to say this word...Hawks fans need this word in their German vocab...hell I need it in my day to day life lol

I haven't read everything in this crazy thread but I want to mention some things

• Dwight gets 7.2 post touches a game that's 3rd most in the league - how many post touches should he get?
  • Wasn't he crying about not getting enough post touches in Houston? He got 8.4 per game there. Most in the NBA...
  • If he gets great position at the rim opponents also know that he shouldn't get the ball and pack the passing lanes. Sometimes his teammates try to force feed him regardless, what often leads to (partially horrible) turnovers
  • If he gets a miss match somebody else has to have one too, so D8 isn't necessarily the best scoring option in such cases
  • And actually the often mentioned eye test shows that he really doesn't has that much post moves and a little better passing out of a double team under the rim could help too
  • Maybe his good FG% shows that he gets exactly the touches he should? Maybe his team mates and his coaches know how to utilize him better than you?
  • The only touches a can see him getting additionally are half of the possessions where the ball is turned over while force feeding him. The other half of this possessions should be used otherwise because he simply isn't available for the pass. So his shots may go up 1-2 per game and his scoring 3-4 pts a game, this would be an optimal utilization of him IMO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Comon guys we are all Hawks fans and that's what the most important thing is...let's just be civil cuz WE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM!!'

Well said and have a touch more. In that kinda mood Squawkers right now, us against the world, yeah OK the rest of the NBA. We are in the mix right now.

• Like 1

Let me preface this by saying I love most/all things German: Porsche, Paulaner, Boris Becker, schnitzel (technically Austrian), Oktoberfest, U.S./German NATO alliance/relations, Dennis Schröder, our newfound German Hawksquawkers, and my wife of 20 years (maiden name Herschmann, in hindsight just realized I've dated 3 women of German decent).

But let me be that guy: there's something "lost in translation" etiquette/procedural-wise here on this board with our new Hawks fans from across the pond. I first noticed it with the Schröder "thug" comments several months back. Talk from the Hawksquawk German contingent about his 2 gold Audis and hanging around a criminal element back in Germany, the conversation oddly and rapidly dissolving into harshness and condescension. Then the brash treatment/reaction to @JayBirdHawk that bordered on misogynistic these past few days, one of the most level-headed and well-respected posters on this board. And now this Dwight stuff, which quickly escalated into class-ism tossing around plebeian insults riddled with condescension.

It doesn't offend me, as you all know I love to mix it up with the best of them. I don't take it personally, it can be fun and entertaining. But whoever said let's just all hug and get along, and whoever else said disagree but still be friends, had it right and said it well. Take a deep breath, relax, don't take it all so seriously and let some of that stuff go, and enjoy yourself. We're all on the same team and are in this together.

That being said, and as such, enjoy this good laugh about how we're all the same on the inside no matter how much is lost in translation:

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

There's a Kids in the Hall skit...he's hip, he's cool, he's 40 or something like that. It was exactly what went through my mind when he called me a hipster. I literally never had a cell phone until Christmas 2016 because my wife forced one on me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLiodz-Md8s

• Premium Member

I want to vote that plebeians or "plebs" now be the official name for ourselves on this site. Hawksquawkers is too long. Plebs? Now that's where the money is at. Thank you @DS17Fanboy for giving the fans on this site a name we can proudly claim for ourselves. Down with patricians, up with plebs!

• Like 2