• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Today is the 1st day for determining Dwight's legacy in ATL

Admin

17 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Eggnog for Easter? I think you got your holidays mixed up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know I figured it had to be something like that.  Maybe it's 5 months spoiled.  That could explain it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Dwight had a great season this year.  Much better than what people expected.  He was easily a top 10 center in the league this season and still got his double-double.   He shot a career high FG% and managed to shoot 53% FT.

Had the wings on this team been more consistent and just played average, we'd be at least a 50 win team.  Instead, the entire team ( outside of Howard and Millsap ) were schizophrenic as hell, which led to our yo-yo season.

"Playoff Dwight" has always been traditionally better than "Regular Season Dwight".  Hopefully Bud will try to establish him offensively, early in games ( hasn't done that so far in this Washington game in the first 6 minutes in the 1st quarter . . with the guards turning the ball over left and right ).

No he did not. His game is valueless

• Like 2

Lets see where we are at at the end of the series. Tim was zero percent from three and the team was less than thirty percent today. The bad guys were off from three too but if we don't score at least decent from three it doesn't much matter about Dwight's rebounds, we aren't going to win in the playoffs. Got to hit some from long range.

• Like 2

Going into this series I wanted to see no more than 25 minutes for Baze and Dwight (-21 in his first legacy-determining game). They got 28 and 29.  Too many opportunities for them to make losing plays although it was a good game for Baze (+9) by his standards.  Bud's gotta give Delaney a chance to foster some movement and for Hump to mix it up with the Wizard's toughness up front.  I'm assuming Thabo is injured.

• Like 1

Like I said on another thread, it takes two to dance with Dwight Howard getting or not getting involved on offense. Unless it's an ISO post up, Dennis is not going to find you in a post up situation as he simply does not know how. He will find you if you set screens and dive hard to the hole or just hang around near the basket, not even looking to post up.

From what I saw in a box score, I am assuming that Dwight was lazy and said eff it after the bad start which was overcome shortly after he....ironically left the game. *coughing*

• Like 1

Yes, he grabbed plenty of rebounds when he was basically alone under the goal.  However, I saw him get out worked and lose out on too many contested rebounds. It cost the Hawks' defense, giving the Wizard too many 2nd chance opportunities. He needs go be physical and an enforcer for this team. I was wondering if he was injured because he looked so out of it. D8 was a non factor.

• Like 1

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

The past is meaningless and the regular season won't be remembered a decade from now but this playoff season certainly can and hopefully will be. For years we've been dominated and embarrassed in the playoffs by teams bullying us in the paint and scaring our Whor's into not rebounding but that changes as of today. We have the size, physicality, depth and the perfect mix of vets and youth to really make something of ourselves and make the entire world take notice. Nobody is more important to our playoff success than Dwight Howard is. He has the chance to not only fix his legacy but also that of the Hawks. If he can just come out and control the paint on both ends, control the emotion of everyone playing and watching in the arena with his thunderous dunks and if he can be counted on to show up every single game then I gotta say we have a chance. He doesn't need to carry this team like he carried the Magic a decade ago but If he can be a key part of a team who in their 10th straight playoff season finally push through that ECF wall and into the finals then he will forever be remembered for that in Atlanta and nothing else that happened before will matter. Could we win in the finals against the Warriors? Maybe... but it wouldn't matter because nobody would expect us to win and we would have vastly exceeded expectations to get there in the first place. The Hawks have never been to the finals in my 31 years as a fan and while I loved the Nique and Deke eras and will always have fond memories of the JJ team that nearly beat the Celtics at their peak, it could very well be that THIS year's team are the one we look back on as fans and fondly remember as the best we've seen put on a Hawks Jersey. I know I know we've had a rough regular season and we've suffered through many a blowout this year but we have the ability to put all of that behind us and begin our March to show the world that Atlanta has a basketball team as well and that we're pretty damn good. It's time for us to play like Giants, the New York kind who slayed the mythical Tom Brady led arguably best team in NFL history. We start that today by reminding the world and most likely the TNT announcers that John Wall isn't the superstar in this series, it's Dwight Howard and despite his age and the mileage on his body, he's still got it in him to be the best C in the league and capable of dominating the short season. So let's all get our corndogs and our giant beers and get ready to be rowdy as we cheer on our beloved Atlanta 'Possum' Hawks as we begin our March to greatness.

#LetsGoHawks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hak6beF.png

• Like 2