• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My worst fear has come true (The Moose is Back!)

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

All we know is what some people have written about what Moose should be able to expect, and that, based largely on their own interpretation of stats.

So, you're right to that degree--maybe he's been over-estimated.

Then again, we also can't assume that "nobody else wanted him." First, there at least are reports of wide interest if you go back in the Hoops Rumors log. And second, we know players sometimes turn down better offers because they like where they are, and have seen the horror stories that sometimes have evolved when players chase money. Moose knows what to expect in ATL with Bud, and that's quite possibly inclined him to grant a discount.

• Premium Member

Moose had a great start to last season and then returned back to normal. I wonder how much his hot start last season influenced his overall grades in those metrics mentioned earlier.

Still, 5 million for a backup center is ok. I just hope that means he's a backup and not starting. We already have one "how he is in the NBA at all" white centers in Plumless on the roster.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Moose had a great start to last season and then returned back to normal. I wonder how much his hot start last season influenced his overall grades in those metrics mentioned earlier.

Still, 5 million for a backup center is ok. I just hope that means he's a backup and not starting. We already have one "how he is in the NBA at all" white centers in Plumless on the roster.

Would you prefer they weren't white centers?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

And teams then viewed the playoff series vs Washington thus he is still a Hawk

Specious.

If it were that simple, NYK would have already signed him for $15m.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sothron said:

A 1.5 DBPM shows he protects the rim pretty damn good against backups.  Before he went down he was leading the league in FG%, a huge boost to his analytics.  Sweet deal.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

Dennis/Delaney

Belinelli/Crawford/what's his name we drafted in the 2nd round

Prince/Bazemore/Bembry

?????/Collins

Moose/Plumlee/Stone

I suspect that Ersan might be the starting PF next year.

I wouldn't be shocked if Moose is the starting center. The small contract and the player option for the second year has me thinking that he will try to build up his value for a bigger payday next year.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

A 1.5 DBPM shows he protects the rim pretty damn good against backups.  Before he went down he was leading the league in FG%, that'll do it.

Moose fell in about every area of production and efficiency as the season progressed. Last season, he averaged:

2016 (Oct - Dec)  8.8 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 52.8% FG%

2017 (Jan - Apr) 5.6 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 47.1% FG%

Playoffs 2.8 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 27.8% FG%

• Like 1

Lol at the Hawks roster.  Schlenk is clowning and needs to get his head examined if he thinks this team is competing until the last month of the season.  I don't know when the first game is, but this squad isn't competing after October.

• Like 2

Maybe he'll drop the man bun and start a mohawk releasing his inner Chris Andersen. Good for a few ticket sales anyway. If nothing else he can hit the three but we all know there just isn't much else there, just the same at this point we're just filling out the roster to meet the minimum I'm guessing. Lots of first rounders coming our way soon.