• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Have a feeling the Hawks are going to be 3rd team in Melo to Houston

Admin

Assuming that the Rockets and Knicks are really going to do a Melo trade then the Rockets have to send out 20 something a million in salaries and I can't imagine the Knicks wanting to take all of that back... or if they even can. 

So with the Hawks supposedly having all this cap space and a bunch of open roster spots maybe we can take a few quality young players from the Rockets? I don't know who all I would want but one of the players has to be Capela. He could come in at the 4 and we wouldn't miss a beat from losing Millsap and we could bring Collins along slowly while learning from a a budding star. I envision them being interchangeable at the 4-5 once Collins is really ready for big minutes. 

We can send the Knicks the Rockets pick in 2018 as their reward for this trade... and for taking Plumlee :)

Someone get on the horn to Schlenk and tell him to make this happen. 

Thoughts? Who else should we require they send us? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Assuming that the Rockets and Knicks are really going to do a Melo trade then the Rockets have to send out 20 something a million in salaries and I can't imagine the Knicks wanting to take all of that back... or if they even can. 

So with the Hawks supposedly having all this cap space and a bunch of open roster spots maybe we can take a few quality young players from the Rockets? I don't know who all I would want but one of the players has to be Capela. He could come in at the 4 and we wouldn't miss a beat from losing Millsap and we could bring Collins along slowly while learning from a a budding star. I envision them being interchangeable at the 4-5 once Collins is really ready for big minutes. 

We can send the Knicks the Rockets pick in 2018 as their reward for this trade... and for taking Plumlee :)

I heard on NBA radio that the rockets would not move capela for anything.  They think he's something special.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I would assume we could get stuck with Ryan Anderson's contract. We should be the one getting multiple first round picks to take that.

Exactly who I was thinking about.

And if that happens, I don't want to hear anyone defend this GM, and his quest for "flexibility".

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

I was thinking the same thing!

But I think it could be even simpler. I think that we could simply be the recipient of all of the non-guaranteed contracts that Morey accumulated right before the draft. Then they just add a little sweetener, like the rights to Hartenstein, or maybe the Chinese guy Qi. We can then just waive all of those players and we're left with a young asset without losing cap space, just for facilitating this.

Nevermind i just looked at Ryan's contract and there is no way we should even THINK about taking on that contract without multiple first and they better not be protected. 19,21,21m for the next three years? HELL NO

Edited by tonegully
  • Like 2

If we do facitate this kind of trade I sure hope our new GM's process improves our team as much the next couple years as he has helped other teams improve this off season

• Like 4

I was thinking about this earlier today when I was trying to figure out what the Hawks are going to do with their cap space. I don't think Houston has enough picks and young talent to make this happen. The Knicks will want a couple picks or a pick and young player for Carmelo, and we'll want a pick or young player for taking on salary. We already have Houston's 2018 1st, so their 2020 pick is the next up for grabs. We might not mind getting the 2020 pick since we are on the 8 year plan, but that leaves nothing for the Knicks. Houston gave up too much in the Chris Paul trade.

30 minutes ago, tonegully said:

Nevermind i just looked at Ryan's contract and there is no way we should even THINK about taking on that contract without multiple first and they better not be protected. 19,21,21m for the next three years? HELL NO

Can they take Plumlee's 12.5/12.5/12.5 (3 years) contract?

I have to go look but ill keep Plumlees contract. Unless im getting a 1st round pick from a non playoff team i cant see myself paying an avg of 20m for the next 3 years.