• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Sign Dedmon

Jody23

Wouldn't be surprised if we still get Willie Reed. I don't think Plumlee will get much playing time and Stone will probably be at the G league mostly. Moose would be the first backup at the 5, unless, and I really hope I'm wrong, Bud starts Dedmon/Moose in the front court. Schlenk did say that we "definitely will get another PF" Like most here, I want to see Collins start from day 1. 

Collins, Dedmon, Moose and Reed would be a pretty decent front court rotation. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sturt said:

Do you view JaMychal Green as that kind of player? Just asking out of curiosity--not advocating or challenging.

I think he can. He was Memphis' starter wasn't he? He fits what we (read: Schlenk/Bud regime) are looking for. Relatively young. Improving. Still has upside. For a 4 that can shoot, best one still out there as far as fit.

Memphis is hard capped. So there is a number I believe they can't match. But, A) I don't know what that is. Or B) whether we have the space (hard to know anything until Crawford's buyout numbers are revealed) and finally C), we want to pay him that "number" at all. 

Im pretty happy with this signing and for the right amount of years and money too.  Dedmon is a very athletic big man for his size that out hussles everyone on the court most the time.   I know when fans from other teams are mad you made this signing and are praising what you did without 1 negative feedback then you've done something good.   Nice job Schlenk it's not a home run but until we can get some young impressive players in here these are the types of moves that you need to make until we can rebuild the team the right way.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, MrNique said:

I think he can. He was Memphis' starter wasn't he? He fits what we (read: Schlenk/Bud regime) are looking for. Relatively young. Improving. Still has upside. For a 4 that can shoot, best one still out there as far as fit.

Memphis is hard capped. So there is a number I believe they can't match. But, A) I don't know what that is. Or B) whether we have the space (hard to know anything until Crawford's buyout numbers are revealed) and finally C), we want to pay him that "number" at all. 

According to this...

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/memphis-grizzlies/cap/

...they have about $13.2m standing between them and the luxury tax threshold.

Problem is, in this environment, is he worth even that much? Probably not.

• Premium Member

So, geezer Squawkers.... am I right?.... Tree Rollins, Jr? That's what it looks like to me. God help us that he has a baby jump hook or something in that vein so that he's not completely reliant on garbage pick-up for his offense.

• Like 4

Great signing!! We got our starting C, good defensive presence, can score in transition and pick and roll.

Strange, first time I ask for a FA and gets signed, Schlenk is looking better with this signing and the Collins pick.

Next please sign Willie Reed!!!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Is Dennis a good defender? 

In my opinion yes! Others give him a hard time due to the fact that it's tough for him to fight through screens but it's really due to his strength rather than his ability.

dennis see screens coming but he's not always able to fight through them or use his speed to dodge them though he does try.

But in terms of lateral quickness and just defensive instincts Dennis has all of that...what's holding him back is learning how to not let screeners take advantage of him. 

If someone ever says Dennis is just ok at defense that's bullshit to me. He's a very good defender but lacks strength to be elite. So he counts on bigs who are good defenders in space to help him out but he do need to bulk up and get stronger at some point to reach his full potential which in my opinion is a very capable elite defender.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Great college-era article by SI's Chris Ballard. Dedmon had a fairly unique upbringing, one that wasn't intended (by his mom) to lead toward pro sports.

https://www.si.com/vault/2011/11/14/106130712/dewayne-dedmons-leap-of-faith

(VIDEO) https://www.si.com/college-basketball/video/2011/11/10/dewayne-dedmon-unlikely-journey-faith-basketball

Also, Dewayne's an Antelope Valley guy (Lancaster-Palmdale), so when PG bolts next year, keep this guy away from The Lake Show!

~lw3

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

TRUST THE SAUSAGE-MAKING PROCESS!!!1!!

~lw3

Sausage Schlenk 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Cant understand why the Hawks would sign Reed now.  GM says they will sign a PF and PG now.  

But then again.... here's the quote....

“We’ll sign a third point guard. We are deciding to we get a veteran guy or do we get a young guy that we think has upside,” Schlenk said. “Do we bring in a couple guys and let them battle it out? We are going to sign a power forward for sure. We’ll sign a center for sure. Probably sign three more big guys so we end up with six.”

I know, I know... I don't get it either (as discussed in another thread).

• Like 2

I think our plan is to flip the script on NBA small ball and start 5 bigs.  I'm joking.

Or maybe we are trying to corner the big man market so their value increases and we trade them for picks.  I'm only half joking.

• Like 2