• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So we just not gone talk about how dope those jerseys were?

RedDawg#8

I completely agree these should be the new road jerseys (or both road and home). Best looking unis the team's had in a while. I did like those red "throw backs" they just wore as well. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hawkman said:

Those jerseys looked awesome and I can see those flying off the shelves. Too bad the Hawks played so terrible in them.

They play pretty terrible in any uniform these days.

But yeah I can see them selling very well.

• Moderators

Like them but it does go right back to what @lethalweapon3 mentioned about us not sticking with a particular jersey or color pattern.  If this jersey becomes a part of the core rotation you are adding another look to the long list of looks the Hawks have tried over the years.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AHF said:

Like them but it does go right back to what @lethalweapon3 mentioned about us not sticking with a particular jersey or color pattern.  If this jersey becomes a part of the core rotation you are adding another look to the long list of looks the Hawks have tried over the years.

I guess I'll address this here since your post is...a tad more easily digestible in quote form than @lethalweapon3's was:

We say that but then look at the Cavs.  They have had about 50 sets of different uniforms since I've been born to say nothing about their entire history.  They've gone from wine and maize, to wine and gold, to orange sherbet and white, to orange sherbet and blue, to black and Carolina blue, to wine and gold, to wine and maize, to a deep wine, maize and blue, and they've yet to debut their gray and maize sets yet.  They even won their first championship prominently displaying red and black sleeved pajamas.  I don't think that and the different logos have caused a disconnect between fans of the Clyde Frasier, Craig Ehlo, Andre Miller, and LeBron eras. 

Put a marketable star or team in Atlanta and nobody will complain about Adidas or Nike trying to print out 4 new jerseys for every season and fans won't complain about having a closet full of 30 new sets of merchandise.

• Like 3

I didn’t care for them too tough but I’m an old fart nowadays.  They looked like something out of Tron.  The gray kinda blends into the black, I prefer color blocks with 3 different hues.  A little white would’ve made it pop and that big ass Sharecare logo ain’t doing no favors to the overall look.  Philly’s city edition crushes all others.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators
2 hours ago, MaceCase said:

I guess I'll address this here since your post is...a tad more easily digestible in quote form than @lethalweapon3's was:

We say that but then look at the Cavs.  They have had about 50 sets of different uniforms since I've been born to say nothing about their entire history.  They've gone from wine and maize, to wine and gold, to orange sherbet and white, to orange sherbet and blue, to black and Carolina blue, to wine and gold, to wine and maize, to a deep wine, maize and blue, and they've yet to debut their gray and maize sets yet.  They even won their first championship prominently displaying red and black sleeved pajamas.  I don't think that and the different logos have caused a disconnect between fans of the Clyde Frasier, Craig Ehlo, Andre Miller, and LeBron eras. 

Put a marketable star or team in Atlanta and nobody will complain about Adidas or Nike trying to print out 4 new jerseys for every season and fans won't complain about having a closet full of 30 new sets of merchandise.

I believe we're all in accord on the same point, in conclusion. Put a marketable star... one that wins multiple playoff series and big games when it counts, but also transcends popularity among John Q. Citizens in terms of popularity (i.e., not Joe) and Q-Rating (i.e., not Dwight)... in a Hawks jersey, and things would change immensely. Another such star or two, sustained over the course of a decade, wouldn't hurt either. Nobody will complain, least of all adidas or Nike. We'll all be running around in our mustard yellows talkin' 'bout, I WAS THERE FOR IRA NEWBLE, GET OFF MA LAWN!

Until then, like those Cavs before they were gifted with their homegrown prodigy, we'll continue getting savaged for spinning our fashion wheels. I just glad Cleveland dumped the zig-zags before he got there or else we'd still be looking at 'em.

We probably should've stuck with the Pac jerseys when #21 was rocking them. But then again, we were all a bit high during the 90's. I for one was a big fan of the Pistons' chess-piece and the Nets' tie-dyes, but, again... "Just Say No!"

(EDIT: Sorry, Soth! lol)

~lw3

• Like 3

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The Pac was the better logo but definitely not the best jersey. The actual Pac man logo was on the shorts not the jersey.

It was the huge 90's Hawk logo I hated.  It was my equivalent to  your take on the triangles.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Colin said:

I was a fan for sure; I think the shoes have to be just right though for it to really be set off. I'm eager to see some of our uniform combos in the future to see what all we try.

BTW - Welcome back to @Colin!  You know about a trade with the Warriors coming that we don't?

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

BTW - Welcome back to @Colin!  You know about a trade with the Warriors coming that we don't?

No insider info here, but i've become a HUGE John Collins fan. Been watching every game this year-- only right it is because of a backup big man. (Though, I think Collins has dunked more since I started this post than Zaza has in his career).

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Colin said:

No insider info here, but i've become a HUGE John Collins fan. Been watching every game this year-- only right it is because of a backup big man. (Though, I think Collins has dunked more since I started this post than Zaza has in his career).

Collins will not be a backup for long.  Kid is legit.

13 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I believe we're all in accord on the same point, in conclusion. Put a marketable star... one that wins multiple playoff series and big games when it counts, but also transcends popularity among John Q. Citizens in terms of popularity (i.e., not Joe) and Q-Rating (i.e., not Dwight)... in a Hawks jersey, and things would change immensely. Another such star or two, sustained over the course of a decade, wouldn't hurt either. Nobody will complain, least of all adidas or Nike. We'll all be running around in our mustard yellows talkin' 'bout, I WAS THERE FOR IRA NEWBLE, GET OFF MA LAWN!

Until then, like those Cavs before they were gifted with their homegrown prodigy, we'll continue getting savaged for spinning our fashion wheels. I just glad Cleveland dumped the zig-zags before he got there or else we'd still be looking at 'em.

We probably should've stuck with the Pac jerseys when #21 was rocking them. But then again, we were all a bit high during the 90's. I for one was a big fan of the Pistons' chess-piece and the Nets' tie-dyes, but, again... "Just Say No!"

(EDIT: Sorry, Soth! lol)

~lw3

Am I marketable?

Image result for kevin love

• Like 2