• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not a Spur-of-the-Moment?

lethalweapon3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wish we had a GM who could get in on this action.  It would be nice to be a player in the Kawhi sweepstakes, with maybe Paul George or, dare I say it, Lebron . . . joining him in Atlanta.

These are the types of players you're supposed to be able to attract, when you have "cap space" and "flexibility".   If you can't attract those types of players, why even blow things up?

SMH.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Wish we had a GM who could get in on this action.  It would be nice to be a player in the Kawhi sweepstakes, with maybe Paul George or, dare I say it, Lebron . . . joining him in Atlanta.

These are the types of players you're supposed to be able to attract, when you have "cap space" and "flexibility".   If you can't attract those types of players, why even blow things up?

SMH.

Except Kawhi is already eyeing LAL or NYK.

He has 1 year left on his deal. 

You not only need to have capspace or flexibility - you also need a player they'll want to stick around to play with. 

You can only attract those type of players if you have one like him on your roster already.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

SMH.

Whoa, whoa ... hold it together, Cyde.  Don't cry, Cyde

upset.gif

Ok, ok ... Seriously though, it isn't now and it never has been about simply having space.  Capspace has never helped us.  It's about acquiring (or attempting to acquire) high-end talent.  That's where we are right now.  Hopefully we get these picks right.

In the meantime, just hol' it together, mayne.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Except Kawhi is already eyeing LAL or NYK.

He has 1 year left on his deal. 

You not only need to have capspace or flexibility - you also need a player they'll want to stick around to play with. 

You can only attract those type of players if you have one like him on your roster already.

So what do the Lakers have, player wise?   I know Lebron is the hot rumor to go there, but he hasn't said anything yet.  So does Kawhi want to go play with Lonzo Ball?

Honestly, I don't think the Hawks even try to go hard after one of these types of players.   The only one they really wanted, was Dwight.  He dissed us the first time, but at least we were in the conversation.  The 2nd time, when his options had narrowed, we got him.

Still, for a city that is supposedly such a great NBA market ( TV watching wise ), the Hawks are hardly anywhere to be found when it comes to going after the top guys, or even the 2nd tier guys.

Maybe all of the "late night female talent" in the city have too many stories on these guys when they come to town, that deters them from wanting to make ATL their full time residence.

This is why we cannot miss in this draft.  The home run MUST be hit.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

upset.gif

Ok, ok ... Seriously though, it isn't now and it never has been about simply having space.  Capspace has never helped us.  It's about acquiring (or attempting to acquire) high-end talent.  That's where we are right now.  Hopefully we get these picks right.

Just tired of the BS from this franchise, when it comes to these types of things.  It's ridiculous that we go from the franchise highest point in 40 years, to dang near the lowest point, in a mere 3 years.

The shiny headed one will go after Draymond and Klay starting in the summer of 2019.  If he proves that he can't get two guys whom he was very close with, just send him packing.

I'll give him a little more leeway than what KB is giving him . . but not much.  This "ain't no 5 year plan".  He better show significant progress in what he's bringing here by next summer.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So what do the Lakers have, player wise?   I know Lebron is the hot rumor to go there, but he hasn't said anything yet.  So does Kawhi want to go play with Lonzo Ball?

Honestly, I don't think the Hawks even try to go hard after one of these types of players.   The only one they really wanted, was Dwight.  He dissed us the first time, but at least we were in the conversation.  The 2nd time, when his options had narrowed, we got him.

Still, for a city that is supposedly such a great NBA market ( TV watching wise ), the Hawks are hardly anywhere to be found when it comes to going after the top guys, or even the 2nd tier guys.

Maybe all of the "late night female talent" in the city have too many stories on these guys when they come to town, that deters them from wanting to make ATL their full time residence.

This is why we cannot miss in this draft.  The home run MUST be hit.

I don't think LAL has the player but what they do have is Magic and banners.

Atlanta is a great NBA town, just not a Hawks town.

I asked my BIL who was born and raised in Atlanta why he doesn't root for the Hawks - said it sucked being teased at school for being a Hawks fan because they invariably witll disappoint.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

upset.gif

Damn she’s cute...

@JayBirdHawk u got an annoying BIl like @kg01..at least urs isn’t a Heat fan.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Just tired of the BS from this franchise, when it comes to these types of things.  It's ridiculous that we go from the franchise highest point in 40 years, to dang near the lowest point, in a mere 3 years.

The shiny headed one will go after Draymond and Klay starting in the summer of 2019.  If he proves that he can't get two guys whom he was very close with, just send him packing.

I'll give him a little more leeway than what KB is giving him . . but not much.  This "ain't no 5 year plan".  He better show significant progress in what he's bringing here by next summer.

It's not really BS tho, unfortunately.   In the NBA, there's literally about 3 franchises that typically draw free agents.  The fact that we don't is not a phenomenon that's specific to us, at all.

Players typically go where they've seen guys win.  We don't have that pedigree so we have to do it all the hard way ... draft and trade.  To do that, we have to have a plus GM.

I hope we do but I'm doubtful, so I'm hoping he lucks his way into it.

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Damn she’s cute...

@JayBirdHawk u got an annoying BIl like @kg01..at least urs isn’t a Heat fan.

I don't know who that is so I can't be sure it's not from some high school show.  Therefore I'm withholding comment.  My name ain't Jared and I don't eat at Subway.

And I think we can all agree I win (or lose?) the BIL sweepstakes by a landslide. 

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's not really BS tho, unfortunately.   In the NBA, there's literally about 3 franchises that typically draw free agents.  The fact that we don't is not a phenomenon that's specific to us, at all.

Players typically go where they've seen guys win.  We don't have that pedigree so we have to do it all the hard way ... draft and trade.  To do that, we have to have a plus GM.

I hope we do but I'm doubtful, so I'm hoping he lucks his way into it.

I don't know who that is so I can't be sure it's not from some high school show.  Therefore I'm withholding comment.  My name ain't Jared and I don't eat at Subway.

And I think we can all agree I win (or lose?) the BIL sweepstakes by a landslide. 

Unless Bird’s BIL ( lol birds bil..) is a Celt or warrior fan u win.

10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

SMH.

• Like 2

I feel awful for Pop.  He doesn’t deserve losing Kawhi or having to acquire Aldridge, Gay, and Gasol.  His coaching days might be numbered.  Of course all this a small fraction as important as losing his wife.  

Larry Bird, also a Living BBall God, decided quietly to leave the daily duties behind in fear of saying something that may hurt his legacy later on as it relates to these millenials.  Pop may not go so quietly.