• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Spurs

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

It's the third back-to-back this month for the Spurs, who are 0-4 in the first two sets, including a 152-111 loss traveling to Indiana the day after a seven-point home loss to Toronto. They'll catch a break when the calendar turns to December, as their next B2B are a pair of games at Portland at the end of the month.

No changes to the Boo-Boo Report on the Hawks' side of the ledger, as of 12:30 PM Eastern. Sochan for now remains Probable while Wemby remains Questionable. G-League star and Summer League standout Dominick Barlow is the sole two-way player available for the Spurs. 

In case these high-paced clubs get a little frisky, according to Spurs' GameNotes, the high-watermark in the second half was 87 Hawks points back in November 1979, racking up the most points, FGs and assists in a second-half by any Spurs opponent. Atlanta actually bothered to win that game, too, John Drew outdueling George Gervin, 40-39, to help the Hawks win, 143-120. Good work, Hubie!

~lw3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Right on cue, in Lottoland. Make room, Wemby!

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/11/and-ones-collier-mock-draft-in-season-tournament-ferrell.html

USC freshman guard Isaiah Collier has moved into the top spot in the latest mock draft from Jonathan Givony and Jeremy Woo of ESPN...

French center Alexandre Sarr drops to second in the mock draft, as his defense has been more developed than his offense in Australia’s National Basketball League... French forward Zaccharie Risacher, Baylor guard Ja’Kobe Walter and G League Ignite forward Ron Holland round out the top five for Givony and Woo.

~lw3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes....yes they are! 

I'm afraid to open the game thread now...I stand at the ready  :elf:....:laugh1:

Nothing surprises me anymore from waffles 🧇.. I’m still gonna hide a bit tho.. it’s a different kind of fear, he’s going through the back tunnel of my scardy cat 🐈 zone and it’s working.

• Haha 2

They’re both GTD but I actually hope Wembanyama (I cringe every time I hear “Wemby”) and Sochan play (a player Spurs fans discuss and debate way too much like Hawks fans with Deandre James Hunter).  

Both them dudes have a negative Win Share starting all 17 games.  I been following that stat for years, pretty sure I’ve never seen that.  You almost have to try to be that awful (oh yeah…they are).   I figured the hype around that kid was fraudulent based on the hack pundits who fawned over him.  If the Hawks lose this game and break the Spurs’ losing streak and defy the Mighty Flirtin’ .500 Phenomenon I’ll be speechless.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

(^No McBuckets, though, so, there's that.)

~lw3

I wanna know the specifics of Dougie illness? If it’s a cold then we can get him some hot 🥵 soup 🍜, if more serious well than .. nevermind and I apologize. He’s just got a sweet stroke it’s fun to watch I won’t lie.

Only qtr that matters is the 4th....

It doesnt matter what we look like in the 1st 3 qtrs..Ive learned my lesson...

See yall in the 4th.. lol

Go Hawks!

Edited by terrell