• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Spurs

lethalweapon3

13 hours ago, kg01 said:

His name is now smHunter.

GOLD.

Even better than MethBogi

About smHunter - he needs to try and play more aggressive defense. It seems he commits fouls by trying to act like he's not fouling. But when he just stands there with his hands up and not moving his feet, he doesn't understand that NBA players are good enough to create the contact and draw a foul. He needs to keep moving his feet and go for more blocks. Gain some respect as a defender.... you're not gonna do that with your hands straight up and your feet in the sand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, warcore said:

GOLD.

Even better than MethBogi

About smHunter - he needs to try and play more aggressive defense. It seems he commits fouls by trying to act like he's not fouling. But when he just stands there with his hands up and not moving his feet, he doesn't understand that NBA players are good enough to create the contact and draw a foul. He needs to keep moving his feet and go for more blocks. Gain some respect as a defender.... you're not gonna do that with your hands straight up and your feet in the sand. 

Heh, I like Meth-Bogi more.  He tried to put in some work this game.  Had he hit some shots, mightve gotten more burn.

Agree on Hunter.  Stop the passive defense.  They gonna whistle you either way, may as well get your money's worth. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

One thing about Hunter... I have to say this.

When he gets frustrated, he commits the dumbest fouls.   He did it like 3 times last night. 

One push that was just.... What?

And another foul just as we were scoring the ball. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I'll never understand how no coach has ever told him to control the ball before wildly throwing it at the basket.   He can be the most panicked big i've ever seen at times. 

Think he's afraid of getting fouled.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Trae was excellent last night........ We won a game that we were supposed to win. 

BUT

We won a game against a 3-15 team ( whoopee) by 2 points while giving up 135 points!!!

It took a MONUMENTAL effort by Trae to eke out a win against a bottom feeder team, while the F.O. continues to just roll with what we got...

Hopefully we can stay around the 6-7 range until we can improve on D(if its even possible with the current roster), get JJ back, and add some more SIZE up front(wishful thinking)

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

I looked it up.

Fairweather... only applies to people who are there in the good times but go missing in the bad times. 

I have been using that phrase wrong and I apologize.

Pessimist or cynic may have been more correct. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I looked it up.

Fairweather... only applies to people who are there in the good times but go missing in the bad times. 

I have been using that phrase wrong and I apologize.

Pessimist or cynic may have been more correct. 

Regardless, let's resist the urge to comment on one another and talk basketball instead.  Thanks everyone.

• Like 2

I have enough problem trying to walk and chew gum at the same time.  I watch but don't post because I just can't do both.

Spurs committed too many turnovers while passing the ball.  Cost them the game.  They are not a bad team despite their record.  Hawks, for some reason or other, can't prevent wide open three's.  First time to watch this Spurs team.  They are just a little bit off from becoming a problem for all other NBA teams.

Spoiler alert!  Get your games against this team over early in the season.  Later on, they will be a real problem!!

:smug:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AtLaS said:

Defense is just awful.  Needed a heculean effort by trae on offense to beat the Spurs by 2.  We are going ti lose a lot of games unless we can clean that up.

Saw the highlights. Watching this team play defense is a stressful stomach-churning ordeal. I hate watching soft teams, even more so when they are teams I am a fan of. To parrot some others, P4P, Trae is the toughest dude on this team. Now, if only a fraction of that could rub off on Hunter...

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Carmine said:

Saw the highlights. Watching this team play defense is a stressful stomach-churning ordeal. I hate watching soft teams, even more so when they are teams I am a fan of. To parrot some others, P4P, Trae is the toughest dude on this team. Now, if only a fraction of that could rub off on Hunter...

Been saying this since forever.

• Like 3