• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Spurs

lethalweapon3

Leader board for number of career games with 40+ points and 10+ assists:
image.png.7d0395e5cf02cce8c4c566f7db68eaf0.png

Why doesn't Trae get in the discussion with the game's best players?  Notice Lebron is hitting those numbers when he plays 45 minutes, so that means overtime games or no rest.  Also notice Trae has the highest ppg and apg on the list.  So it's not like Trae barely hits 40 points or 10 assists.  When he has a monster game it comes with 15 assists or 48 points.  

We got to get Trae some help.  That was a killer close out including the defensive stop.  Our defense is on par with a nearly literal WOAT, including games with Jalen.  We started 4-2 and it's like the league got film and figured out how to exploit our "scheme".  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, thecampster said:

8 weeks ago, "Jalen can't be our starting PF, can he?"

8 minutes ago, "dang this team is missing Jalen."

I was definitely one is who's said both. JJ was ass last year. He had some flashy plays but he wasn't good and even when he improved under Quin, it wasn't against the best, it was against the 2nd unit. I needed to see it to believe it and he's delivered so far for me. 

He's also now critical because Bey really ain't get better from last year. He's the same Bey which was fine last year but he needed to make a jump which I haven't seen yet for me. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, terrell said:

Every team makes everything vs Hawks Defense...

We can score, but we cant guard a paper bag... Good grief. When willl it end?

Our defensive style got downloaded after game 8. Teams know how we play defense and it's not good. We basically play the NFL verison of bend don't break and we are trying to create a lot of turnovers. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

these refs man.

These guys are human and carry grudges.  That's a fact.  Just ask Chris Paul and Scott foster.  But we're just supposed to pretend it doesn't happen.

A number of calls that game did not look normal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Sothron said:

This was a superstar carrying a team to a win. Trae was amazing. It bothers me profoundly we're down one starter and it takes a superstar game to barely beat a rebuilding team. 

A rebuilding team with Good pieces that are learning to play together. 

They may be on a 13 game losing streak, but they have put up some strong efforts recently.    They have their star of the future and their pathway is clearing.   Keldon Johnson is no slouch.   Vessley  or however you spell his name is becoming a walking bucket.   Champaignie is a problem from outside.   BUT Wimby... once he finally has the experience and confidence may be the most dominant player in the league. 

The Spurs are the type of team (right now) that will give good teams a run.  Fortunately, we walked them down. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Thank goodness we pulled this off.  Not beating the Spurs would have been disastrous.  

Moderator Note:

I should have this as a macro so I can save myself the typing but stop taking shots at other posters.  Feel free to respond to their posts with basketball commentary and discussion but the name calling doesn't fly no matter how much you might think the person is asking for it.  We have different posters with different mindsets as they approach this team.  Some are wired to see the downsides of what they watch while others are inclined to see the silver linings on even dark clouds.  That naturally creates a degree of friction or disconnect.  But that doesn't give anyone a license to go out and call other people a "stan" or "hater" or any other variation on the idea that people can't make legitimate observations because they are too biased to do so.  Talk basketball not other posters.

• Thanks 2