• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bulls at Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, CBAreject said:

Clutch loss, squawkers.  We need to take it one game at a time now and not look ahead to Orlando.  You don’t want to take any of these games for granted between now and then.  You’ll come out flat and screw around and inexplicably beat the Jazz.  This has to be a team effort.  We can run the table!

Remember Squawk...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I will no longer think of him as a potential bum/bust.  Bums just don’t drop Thuddy-ate.  And Nwaba has a hefty 1.3 DBPM.  Prince gave it to him and Valentine, also a plus defender (barely). 

I think Prince can be an elite 3 and D players for us. He is a keeper. Dennis not so sure depending on our draft position and who we select.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hazer said:

Fresh Printz will be our DMC-Plus. 

I will never understand the obsession with Carroll like he's even an average NBA player. Completely overrated on here. Comparing Prince to him is blatant disrespect

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cwell said:

I will never understand the obsession with Carroll like he's even an average NBA player. Completely overrated on here. Comparing Prince to him is blatant disrespect

You saw the “Plus” part of my comment, right? Or only the part you wanted to see? Take his 13pts, 5reb, 40% 3pt, and hella Tenacious D from 2015, then PLUS it up. I like the Fresh Printz as much or more than most around here, have never given up on him like some. But he’ll never be Kawhi, he’ll be.....DMC-Plus.

Edited by hazer

5 minutes ago, hazer said:

You saw the “Plus” part of my comment, right? Or only the part you wanted to see? Take his 13pts, 5reb, 40% 3pt, and hella Tenacious D from 2015, then PLUS it up. I like the Fresh Printz as much or more than most around here, have n vet given up on him like some. But he’ll never be Kawhi, he’ll be.....DMC-Plus.

I'd rather have a credible NBA player that makes a career out of making plays than have a journeyman borderline g league player that only had one ok season 6 years in due to being in a system. And don't act like Prince isn't constantly being compared to Demarre's bum ass on here. DMC plus is still a bum

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 1

So saying Taurean will be something along the lines of 15/6/40% and a strong defender for the Hawks, that’s insulting? Hahaaaa, GTFOH!

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, CBAreject said:

We need to take it one game at a time now and not look ahead to Orlando.  You don’t want to take any of these games for granted between now and then.  You’ll come out flat and screw around and inexplicably beat the Jazz.  This has to be a team effort.  We can run the table!

What is this?  No one on this board can control wins and losses!  Bud and the players control our fate whether you like it or not.  Me...I am happy to see Prince improve as a player and as a result we might just win a few games that may make a lot of y'all upset.

1 hour ago, GameTime said:

I think Prince can be an elite 3 and D players for us. He is a keeper. Dennis not so sure depending on our draft position and who we select.

I agree. Something inside of me is telling me Schlenk wants another pg...If we fall out of the top 3 I can definitely see them taking one. I know most folks are big on Young and Sexton, but I also like the kid from Kentucky. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

I agree. Something inside of me is telling me Schlenk wants another pg...If we fall out of the top 3 I can definitely see them taking one. I know most folks are big on Young and Sexton, but I also like the kid from Kentucky. 

Doubt it!  No way he passes on Jackson for one of those guys.  That would be asinine!

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What is this?  No one on this board can control wins and losses!  Bud and the players control our fate whether you like it or not.  Me...I am happy to see Prince improve as a player and as a result we might just win a few games that may make a lot of y'all upset.

This was a good game for Prince, but he has regressed overall, particularly as a defender in the new losing environment Travis Schlenk has built.  Just like Dennis has regressed in this environment.  It's hard to develop players when your goal is losing.

• Premium Member
Just now, KB21 said:

This was a good game for Prince, but he has regressed overall, particularly as a defender in the new losing environment Travis Schlenk has built.  Just like Dennis has regressed in this environment.  It's hard to develop players when your goal is losing.

Prince has not regressed as a shooter!  No metric support that claim.  Has he been sloppy with the ball and trying things he shouldn't this year? Absolutely! But it looks as though it is finally paying off.  Dude looked amazing in that game.

1 hour ago, hazer said:

So saying Taurean will be something along the lines of 15/6/40% and a strong defender for the Hawks, that’s insulting? Hahaaaa, GTFOH!

It’s not the numbers, it’s the player. Carroll hasn’t put up those numbers from the 2015 season his whole career, yet people act like it’s his norm. I don’t want that on my team. You’re probably one of those dudes that were screaming for Mike James after he had that one good year in Toronto smh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cwell said:

I don't like the comparison because I feel like it's almost entirely based on position and hairstyle. They really aren't that similar otherwise except for the 3pt%. That said, you're one being disrespectful. At least of DMC's time with us. He was as solid a glue guy as there was in the league and he honestly won us a lot of games with his play on both ends. Prince is still trying to get there. I do think he'll surpass him eventually, though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, High5 said:

I don't like the comparison because I feel like it's almost entirely based on position and hairstyle. They really aren't that similar otherwise except for the 3pt%.

I think what he is saying is that people are comparing DMC's 7th year in the league to Prince's 2nd year in the league which isn't a fair comparison.

10 minutes ago, Cwell said:

It’s not the numbers, it’s the player. Carroll hasn’t put up those numbers from the 2015 season his whole career, yet people act like it’s his norm. I don’t want that on my team. You’re probably one of those dudes that were screaming for Mike James after he had that one good year in Toronto smh

If you’ll re-read my original post, I’m clearly referring to the Hawks era DMC, not his time before or after. He was a borderline All-Star, great defender/glue/team guy, high motor, fan favorite, and an excellent 3&D player for the Hawks. I’m saying Prince will be better than that. Yeah, Mike James y’all. Mike James...

24 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The 1st sentence..."we need to take it one game at a time"  Who were you referring to as we?

This is common and accepted fanspeak—to refer to the team we root for as “we” vs the opposition, “they”.  Most people know it isn’t meant literally, as if the fan were to believe they are part of the team.  

• Like 2