• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks (6 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I don't think you guys realize how hard this rebuild will be without Dennis.  He's at a minimum a league average point guard.  Unless you're replacing him with an average vet, then this rebuild will go south really quick.

Maybe we'll get a point guard who doesn't pick and choose who he will pass the ball to.

Edited by Watchman

These young guys look really good and the development of Prince looks extremely promising. If he can carry this over to next year and keep building on it then he will definitely be a big plus in the future plans of this team. Collins keeps looking good in his limited role, I hope he continues his efficiency once his role expands but I’m ok with Bud bringing him along slowly. I’m very optimistic about our future 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I don't think you guys realize how hard this rebuild will be without Dennis.  He's at a minimum a league average point guard.  Unless you're replacing him with an average vet, then this rebuild will go south really quick.

I'm all for bringing in an older guy with Doncic who is a primary ball handler. If Doncic is brought in I don't see the fit with Schröder he just isn't a great shooter.

Just now, davis171 said:

I'm all for bringing in an older guy with Doncic who is a primary ball handler. If Doncic is brought in I don't see the fit with Schröder he just isn't a great shooter.

Doncic is a 2 or a 3. He will be fine with Dennis.  The problem with Dennis is he hasn't shown the ability to play off the ball. Maybe he can but he hasn't shown it.  I believe he can improve his three point shooting. Lord knows he needs to improve his defense.  I think Dennis has the ability to be a pass first point guard on a very good team.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Doncic is a 2 or a 3. He will be fine with Dennis.  The problem with Dennis is he hasn't shown the ability to play off the ball. Maybe he can but he hasn't shown it.  I believe he can improve his three point shooting. Lord knows he needs to improve his defense.  I think Dennis has the ability to be a pass first point guard on a very good team.

That is my point Doncic seems to be able to play off the ball but best fit is as a point forward ala Lebron (not saying he is just how he plays) which imo is best having guys that can spot up as a 1 similar to how Kyrie and a lesser extent George Hill play with the ability to spot up off ball which idk if Dennis can do with a below average 3pt shot.

Edited by davis171

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

It is time to conclude that Prince might be a reliable #2 in this league...There should be no questions about his shooting ability and now he is seeing the court better.  Looks like a keeper to me.

I agree unless AD is available and you are able to clear enough cap to recruit other guys to play with him. AD would run through the east. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, CBAreject said:

Everything on here is just someone’s opinion, including all of your opinionated posts.  It seems like you just want to be argumentative rather than discuss the Hawks.  

Sounds like another opinion! lol!

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

It is time to conclude that Prince might be a reliable #2 in this league...There should be no questions about his shooting ability and now he is seeing the court better.  Looks like a keeper to me.

He is in a great stretch right now for sure.  #2 is at least possible with a lot more development ahead of him.  I'm just glad he is looking like a keeper, unlike earlier this year.

on AD, he is easily a top 10 player in the league.  Where among that group is up for discussion.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

He just doesn't seem to elevate anyone else on his team which is a problem when it comes to winning.  Same with Yannis

I think he makes every team in the league dramatically better if he is added to them and doesn't take away from a single one.

His only downside is health.

• Like 2