• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks grant Budenholzer access to interview with the Suns

JTB

22 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Phoenix is planning on making a run at Kawhi Leonard.  

Also, the Hawks next coach will not be Mark Jackson.  There was a lot of enmity between he and the entire front office in GS. 

The Hawks coach will be a first year head coach who is just wanting an opportunity.  

I read somewhere that though Mark Jackson had a good share of enemies there Schlenk happen to not be one of them and one of his only good connections during that time.

9 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Losing Bud is bad ... he is an excellent coach and is a key to any future success... it’s a big step back wards if he leaves 

Yes I 100% agree losing Bud would be a HUGE blow. I wish we could actually discuss this issue without it turning into an argument about tanking (as if there is some other option at this point) like every other thread right now.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

Sadly this points to a rift between Schlenk and Bud.  Looks like Schlenk is fine letting Bud go and Bud is ready to leave.

The fact that he is ready to jump to Phoenix says it was about the two of them not working together more than the state of the team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Can't have that happen.  Tough to control when you let guys go interview when they know your draft board.  Only way to truly prevent is to demand we have the right to swap top picks.

Or maybe Bud is spying on the Suns for the Hawks

13 minutes ago, supermariowest said:

I’m going to flip if we see another Larry Drew / Bucks / Giannis situation play out. 

I like Bud and hope he stays. I guess we’ll see how things shake out. 

I guarantee you Bud and Schlenk have discussed the draft ad nauseum. Bud probably knows who we would take no matter where we pick. There's also the potential for Bud to leak that info to other teams if it could benefit the Suns. 

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I guarantee you Bud and Schlenk have discussed the draft ad nauseum. Bud probably knows who we would take no matter where we pick. There's also the potential for Bud to leak that info to other teams if it could benefit the Suns. 

Definitely don’t disagree with you but if Schlenk is smart why the hell would he allow this?

and why do the hawks keep getting f***ed over! Seriously this has already happened to us once why the hell would schlenk allow such a thing 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JTB said:

Definitely don’t disagree with you but if Schlenk is smart why the hell would he allow this?

and why do the hawks keep getting f***ed over! Seriously this has already happened to us once why the hell would schlenk allow such a thing 

RingedImaginaryCottonmouth-size_restrict

• Like 2

1 hour ago, buckyboy2 said:

I think you misunderstood me. I love BUd as a coach and dont think hes going anywhere,. ESpecially Phoenix. hes just doing his due diligence..But whatever. lol

Err do coaches with 2 years left on their deal usually do due diligence? There's fire to the smoke.

So who are yall hoping for as the next coach?

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Sadly this points to a rift between Schlenk and Bud.  Looks like Schlenk is fine letting Bud go and Bud is ready to leave.

The fact that he is ready to jump to Phoenix says it was about the two of them not working together more than the state of the team.

The one blurb I've been interested in in all of this is that Bud's contract was potentially finally revealed.  2 years at ~7 mill a pop would make him amongst the highest paid coaches in the league with most of the others either having championships or still pulling double coach/PBO duties.  That price point may be an area of particular concern given the expected performance of the roster so it may perhaps be more beneficial to trade it rather than attempt to renegotiate it.

57 minutes ago, DBac said:

Err do coaches with 2 years left on their deal usually do due diligence? There's fire to the smoke.

So who are yall hoping for as the next coach?

I can’t think of an experienced Head.  In the personally heartbreaking event Bud does leave I’d kick the tires on Nick Nurse and Sam Cassell.  Granted they’d even want to kick the tires on the Hawks.

Edited by benhillboy

I won't overreact.

A. No offer as of yet

B. No terms of compensation as of yet

C. No mention of potential replacement as of yet. I'll wait it out. Bud might decide he would rather stay in Atlanta and decline a potential offer

• Like 2

2 hours ago, buckyboy2 said:

I think you misunderstood me. I love BUd as a coach and dont think hes going anywhere,. ESpecially Phoenix. hes just doing his due diligence..But whatever. lol

I agree. Everyone is assuming hes gone but it's just permission to interview. It's not a big deal.

• Like 1