• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does Dennis Want Out?

marco102

Well, Top 15 PG pretty much means he’s very much average.

He's got room to grow though. Hypothetically, if Dennis became a 40% 3pt shooter, took better shots and put the effort in on defense (3 things that could happen in the future) he's top 10 in a deep position group. That's a player worth hanging on to. Unless somebody surprises us with a great trade offer, we should hang onto him because we probably won't get an equal return back.

19 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
29 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

He's got room to grow though. Hypothetically, if Dennis became a 40% 3pt shooter, took better shots and put the effort in on defense (3 things that could happen in the future) he's top 10 in a deep position group. That's a player worth hanging on to. Unless somebody surprises us with a great trade offer, we should hang onto him because we probably won't get an equal return back.

Name me one trade Schlenk has made where the Hawks got equal value in return?  Schlenk may just be the worst negotiator among all the NBA GMs.  Other GMs must love when he calls, because they know they can take him.

I mean, he got nothing for a top 5 coach that was under contract.  Instead, he fired him.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Name me one trade Schlenk has made where the Hawks got equal value in return?  Schlenk may just be the worst negotiator among all the NBA GMs.  Other GMs must love when he calls, because they know they can take him.

I mean, he got nothing for a top 5 coach that was under contract.  Instead, he fired him.  

Are you sure he did or ressler just said I don’t want bud and his stuff around anymore.  And the reason I say this is it went real quick from we are happy if he comes back to naw I’ll go get my own guy.

2 hours ago, nathan2331 said:
2 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

His method of play, always driving hard to the basket, taking off balance shots, etc plays havoc on your legs/lift.  In order to be a 40% shooter from 3, you need lift, you need your legs under you. Dennis would need to reinvent large parts of his game to improve this one part.  The same thing goes on defense. If you are constantly busting your rump to get the basket, you just don't have the legs / the burst to constantly fight through screens, close out, etc.  He needs to play smarter as a creator (see Rondo) if he wants to have the stamina to improve the other parts of his game.  That or steroid up like Lebron.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

His method of play, always driving hard to the basket, taking off balance shots, etc plays havoc on your legs/lift.  In order to be a 40% shooter from 3, you need lift, you need your legs under you. Dennis would need to reinvent large parts of his game to improve this one part.  The same thing goes on defense. If you are constantly busting your rump to get the basket, you just don't have the legs / the burst to constantly fight through screens, close out, etc.  He needs to play smarter as a creator (see Rondo) if he wants to have the stamina to improve the other parts of his game.  That or steroid up like Lebron.

Lol love this!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thecampster said:

That last sentence is almost caustic in its subversion.  Props.  That would be the crapshow to end all crapshows.  Does make one wonder what now has become the vanguard these days in respect to performance drugs.  For better or worse, the very question of how he has produced both in durability and performance at age 33 might perhaps rise above whisper.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Jungle Jack said:

That last sentence is almost caustic in its subversion.  Props.  That would be the crapshow to end all crapshows.  Does make one wonder what now has become the vanguard these days in respect to performance drugs.  For better or worse, the very question of how he has produced both in durability and performance at age 33 might perhaps rise above whisper.

Image result for Lebron Steroids

22 hours ago, nathan2331 said:
22 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

I mean sure he COULD get better, but I’m not banking on it. 

16 hours ago, Jungle Jack said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with PEDs. They increase naturally occurring hormones such as testosterone and HGH. Nearly all PED horror stories are due to massive overdosing, and not cycling properly. Taken properly they are quite safe. If PEDs were a surgery if would hailed as modern medicine, but because it is a "drug", and "drugs are bad", irrational stigma rules the day. Unfortunately it's very hard to get unscientific lay people (99% of society) to understand these things.

9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with PEDs. They increase naturally occurring hormones such as testosterone and HGH. Nearly all PED horror stories are due to massive overdosing, and not cycling properly. Taken properly they are quite safe. If PEDs were a surgery if would hailed as modern medicine, but because it is a "drug", and "drugs are bad", irrational stigma rules the day. Unfortunately it's very hard to get unscientific lay people (99% of society) to understand these things.

I am witcha and beyond that it seems futile trying to keep a even playing field.  While I agree about PED's being vilified and also have seriously contemplated HGH, the advantages are such that in competition it would all but require it.

2 minutes ago, Jungle Jack said:

I am witcha and beyond that it seems futile trying to keep a even playing field.  While I agree about PED's being vilified and also have seriously contemplated HGH, the advantages are such that in competition it would all but require it.

HGH is a great drug, it really has powerful anti-aging effects. Anyone in their 40's or 50's could benefit from it. Of course like any drug, it wont work for everyone and might have side effects.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:33 PM, thecampster said:

I think that's why Dennis is best served as a 6th man.  When he backed up Teague, he pressured the ball all the way up the court and provided great offense off the bench.  He's never been a good shooter from deep, but you could live with it in that setting.  

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:18 AM, bleachkit said:

HGH is a great drug, it really has powerful anti-aging effects. Anyone in their 40's or 50's could benefit from it. Of course like any drug, it wont work for everyone and might have side effects.

I'll be 40 next month.  Tell me more about HGH.  :biggrin:

On 5/28/2018 at 7:53 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So Dennis had a -2.45 RPM in 2017 . . .  but a -1.81 RPM in 2018, despite most everyone agreeing that he played worse this season than last season?

Don't be KB and think one stat taken by itself means something. He was also playing with a healthy Paul Millsap the season before and that is a positive for any PG. Bottom line: he was nothing short of horrible in efficiency, turnovers, and defense last year.

On 5/28/2018 at 2:52 PM, KB21 said:

You aren't using the correct numbers to evaluate Dennis.  Those counting stats are nice, but they mean very little overall.  His efficiency numbers did take a step forward in 2016-2017, but they went back down to his career normal in 2017-2018.  He is what he is.  I knew letting Millsap go would have a negative effect on Dennis's development, but it's very clear to me that Dennis will not be a part of this team when it is good again.  His contract will be up before that, and I think it is likely that he is moved this off season.  Knowing Travis Schlenk's horrific negotiating skills, Atlanta may get a 2nd round pick for him.

How efficient would Stephen Curry be, if you took away Draymond Green, Klay Thompson, and Kevin Durant?

If the Hawks had Curry instead of Schröder, and threw this lineup on the floor

PG - Curry

G - Bazemore

F - Prince

PF - Collins

C - Dedmon

What do you, or anyone else, think Stephen Curry would shoot?  I would guarantee you that it wouldn't be 50% FG and 42% from 3 point range.

• Like 1

I don't want Dennis to be traded, and I believe that he can be much better with more talent around him. Even during this down season, he was making much better decisions and penetrating and passing the ball, but nobody could make a damn shot. Of course, at times, Dennis would be frustrated and would try to take the entire offense on his shoulders, hence the inefficiency.

That said, I'm starting to think that he will be traded, whether I like it or not. I think a draft night trade is the most likely scenario. All the rumors, Dennis talking to German media naming 2 specific teams he'd like to play for, and deleting all the hawks stuff online, I just think there's a mutual agreement to move him this off-season. Hopefully, I'm wrong. But if he does get traded, what can we realistically get? Depending on which website you go to, people are either overrating his value like getting the 6th overall and Biyombo, or underrating and suggesting a trade like Corey Joseph and 2nd rounder. 

What do you think, realistically, can we get for Dennis? I think we could probably get the Suns' 16th overall pick and Chandler. Or Bledsoe plus swap their 17th pick with our 30th pick. 

And unless we're drafting either Young or Sexton, what's the plan at PG if we trade Dennis? I'd be interested in giving a shot to Dante Exum, he's a restricted FA and I think Utah is pretty set with Rubio at the point so maybe it won't take too much to get him.