• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Free Agency, July 1st....let the games begin

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

It's going to be funny when you change your tune when the Hawks do what they are actually going to do, which is not add any players of significance in free agency.  They are going to make a deal for bad money to get a future draft pick.  Travis Schlenk no desire to compete this year or next year.

You have been predicting this all off season and including the draft but it is yet to happen.  Schlenk did not pick up a bad contract for a draft this past draft so you were absolutely wrong again.

• Like 1

Just now, capstone21 said:

They still have some decent talent and Love will have to step up ... hopefully they have enough to stay above 10th worst team

That team is TERRIBLE without LeBron. I can’t see them winning 30 games.

Didn't know if we would ever see LeBron leave the East because of the path of least resistance to the finals and all that but here it is anyway. Never know, we might still convert that pick next year but either way, good riddance LeBron. Enough has been way more than enough.

• Like 1

Just now, capstone21 said:

They still have some decent talent and Love will have to step up ... hopefully they have enough to stay above 10th worst team

It's going to be interesting to watch.  I'm pretty confident that, if they don't sell off Love, that they will definitely be better in the East than the Hawks, Magic, Hornets, Bulls, Nets, and Knicks.  They probably will not be as good as the Pistons.  They should be better than the Kings, Suns, and Mavericks out west.  So, the question will be are they better than the Clippers and Grizzlies?  If they trade Love, then they will battle with the Hawks for the worst record in the NBA.

4 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

They still have some decent talent and Love will have to step up ... hopefully they have enough to stay above 10th worst team ... although I doubt it ... Lue isn’t a very good coach and they were getting killer this year when he was off the floor

I think they're going to trade Love and break it all the way down, to keep from paying the tax.   Look for Love to go to . . . L.A.?

• Admin
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think they're going to trade Love and break it all the way down, to keep from paying the tax.   Look for Love to go to . . . L.A.?

If that is the case ... time to trade that pick pronto

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

I wonder if the next guy to join will be Cousins or Khawi

Probably Cousins.  The Lakers next deal will be moving Luol Deng though, and that's where Atlanta will probably come into play.  

• Admin
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Probably Cousins.  The Lakers next deal will be moving Luol Deng though, and that's where Atlanta will probably come into play.  

To take Deng it will def take one of their young pieces or a pick ... although they won’t give much as they want the real assets for a Kawhi trade.  Is Josh Hart worth Deng’s contract?

• Admin
Just now, Peoriabird said:

San Antonio is asking Philly for 3 1st round picks and 2 players so doen't sound doable

They are going way high right now but they will eventually have to come down a bit.  Kawhi is a better fit there then Lebron anyway as Simmons is their primary ball handler ... 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Wouldn't make any sense to trade for Deng seeing that the picks acquired would be in the 20's

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

It's going to be interesting to watch.  I'm pretty confident that, if they don't sell off Love, that they will definitely be better in the East than the Hawks, Magic, Hornets, Bulls, Nets, and Knicks.  They probably will not be as good as the Pistons.  They should be better than the Kings, Suns, and Mavericks out west.  So, the question will be are they better than the Clippers and Grizzlies?  If they trade Love, then they will battle with the Hawks for the worst record in the NBA.

Even with Kevin Love that team isn’t better than the Grizzlies. The Grizzlies could probably make the playoffs this year. Mike Conley got hurt last season. The Magic, Hawks, Bulls, Nets, and Clippers will be the worst teams this year. Followed by a 2nd tier of garbage teams including the Cavs, Mavs, and Suns. I’m hoping we could have 3 picks in the top 15, but that’s iffy.

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Plot twist...He gets traded to Atlanta.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

They are going way high right now but they will eventually have to come down a bit.  Kawhi is a better fit there then Lebron anyway as Simmons is their primary ball handler ... 

Philly should pull the trigger. Give em Fultz and 2 1sts. They will be in the playoffs for the next 3 years anyways.

• Admin
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Wouldn't make any sense to trade for Deng seeing that the picks acquired would be in the 20's

As I have done some more checking I would actually do a Deng/Hart  trade.  He is a young 3-D guy who could take for Baz as we look to move him.  He averaged almost 25 points a game over the last four games of the season.  

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Brandon Ingram or no deal.