• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schlenksanity! Lin to the Hawks...for what?

lethalweapon3

Apparently we traded cash for him...don’t really know how that works but whatever

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Seems like we've been Slink'd again. 

Mrs lw3 is a lucky lady...

3 minutes ago, jy23 said:

Apparently we traded cash for him...don’t really know how that works but whatever

Can we hold onto the receipt?

• Like 2

Just now, sturt said:

Rowland at Peachtree Hoops is suggesting in his story that this may be part one of a larger deal.

I saw a rumor of Melo to Brooklyn for Lin type deal the other day and that's the only thing giving me hope here.

• Admin

Trying to see the logic ... we get a second to take on Lin’s contract. Maybe there is another move involving Dennis somewhere. I was hoping that cap space was going to do more then provide a second rounder for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, RWF said:

Why the need for 3 PGs on a tanking team? I fully expect Trae to finish the year as the starter and Dennis traded. Not soon, but before the deadline next year.

You kind of answered your own question. If Dennis is moved, we have a experienced PG already in hand. I said over a month ago our biggest need was a Veteran PG. This is a smart move and Lin comes off our books 100% next season. I just hope he can pass a physical.

• Like 3

Lin did play for GS when Schlenk and Pierce were there.  If Aldridge is correct, Dennis is gone.  So, the Hawks are going to get minimal assets for their cap space.  Dennis is not going to bring in a major asset in a deal.  So, the Hawks have found a way to move Dennis, take on an expiring deal, and ensure they do not get better.  

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Lin did play for GS when Schlenk and Pierce were there.  If Aldridge is correct, Dennis is gone.  So, the Hawks are going to get minimal assets for their cap space.  Dennis is not going to bring in a major asset in a deal.  So, the Hawks have found a way to move Dennis, take on an expiring deal, and ensure they do not get better.  

He's incorrect. Senlenk mention getting another PG in the Viv piece. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Then that’s even worse because you are spending $14 million for a second round pick without creating any cap space for next year, and Brooklyn is further along in their rebuild.  Their pick will be a worse second round pick.  

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He also said trades would be our free agency this season. So much for Travis misleading us ;)