• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OKC and Atlanta in talks - Dennis and Muscala for Melo - Deal Done (Not Fake News)

JayBirdHawk

Just now, GameTime said:

I would add that they got a veteran mentor for their young point guard, and it will not surprise me to see Jeremy Lin resign after this season.  That's important, IMO, because you have to have veteran mentors around for these young players to develop properly.  

16 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

I f*cking hate how everyone turned his back on him. Its not that he did something throughout this offseason. Its agenda-driven shittalk against him what caused all that. 

Dennis has his fans.  Me included, but you have to have been in a cave not to see the issues he caused.  He got better.  Did some great things, but not wanting to take chances on him with Lin, Young both is not "turning" your back.

17 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

I f*cking hate how everyone turned his back on him. Its not that he did something throughout this offseason. Its agenda-driven shittalk against him what caused all that. 

We tend to eat our own as a fanbase.

12 minutes ago, terrell said:

Was Dennis ever better than Teague as a Hawk? I had hopes he would be. But I dont think he was...I wish him luck though..      #Traeday

He far exceeded Teague in some games but overall Jefe was probably more consistent.  The deer-in-headlights Jeff fell victim to in the playoffs was a huge issue though.

Also, I'm stealing #TraeDay.  Just lettin' you know.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Dennis is good enough to have a top 4 playoff level team trade for him.  Last year was not the year to try to judge Dennis, seeing that he was the only legit scoring threat on the squad.

He was just doing this a little over 14 months ago, when he had decent teammates around him.  Don't be shocked if he is really good in OKC, with much higher level players around him.

We're obviously playing the cap space game in hopes that we can throw a ton of money at a player or two, and hope he comes to the Hawks.  We've been in that situation before though, in 2004.  The next season, we had to frontload the contract of a restricted free agent, in order to bring someone in.

Trae is our only hope.  He has my full support, but he may lack the team support to be successful.

For this season, we may have better off keeping Melo, just to take some of the spotlight and scoring burden off of Trae.

They traded for Dennis because they were desperate to get off Anthony's deal.  This trade saves them around $73 million in luxury tax penalties.  You really shouldn't think that Dennis was a target for him.  This is more like Atlanta having to take on Miles Plumlee last year.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Dennis is good enough to have a top 4 playoff level team trade for him.  Last year was not the year to try to judge Dennis, seeing that he was the only legit scoring threat on the squad.

He was just doing this a little over 14 months ago, when he had decent teammates around him.  Don't be shocked if he is really good in OKC, with much higher level players around him.

We're obviously playing the cap space game in hopes that we can throw a ton of money at a player or two, and hope he comes to the Hawks.  We've been in that situation before though, in 2004.  The next season, we had to frontload the contract of a restricted free agent, in order to bring someone in.

Trae is our only hope.  He has my full support, but he may lack the team support to be successful.

For this season, we may have better off keeping Melo, just to take some of the spotlight and scoring burden off of Trae.

I agreed until the last part. Melo didn't wave his No Trade Clause to play on a rebuilding Atlanta Hawks team.

Just now, NekiEcko said:

I can deal with 7-8 wins knowing in fact that we will have a lot of cap space and quality draft picks down the road.  I know it sucks but the dawn is coming.

They won't win many games, but their total will not be that low.  They should try to win as many games as possible though.  The goal this year should be focused on developing winning habits in these young players.

I'm a little tired of these pick protections and I'm bummed to see Dennis go, but it is what it is. Schlenk is committed to cleaning house and building the team he wants. Dennis should do well in OKC if he can handle being a backup again. 

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Hey zippy...this was ur original question and my answer is still Rondo.

He is a shitty locker room guy but a great player. Do you even understand the words you write?

Dude...my question was directed at the fact some you guys believe that Justin Anderson was a piece to add....aren’t you all tired of the same ole same with the Hawks? I am because this organization really does not know how to truly build a championship team.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We tend to eat our own as a fanbase.

He far exceeded Teague in some games but overall Jefe was probably more consistent.  The deer-in-headlights Jeff fell victim to in the playoffs was a huge issue though.

Also, I'm stealing #TraeDay.  Just lettin' you know.

Teague played well as a youngster vs Chicago in the Playoffs though.. 

23 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Paying the Luxury Tax is isn't a concern for them, because they're still in "win now" mode.  They just didn't want to pay a gazillion dollars in Luxury Tax.

I'll also agree that trading Dennis had more to do with being able to clear his number completely off the books, than the rest of the league not wanting him.  Funny how the national media are actually liking this trade for OKC.

Just now, terrell said:

Teague played well as a youngster vs Chicago in the Playoffs though.. 

Absolutely right.  He was roastin' "MVP" Rose that year.  I was like, "Dayum, we got us a good'n!!"

I was watching that series on my laptop on a friggin Greyhound bus headed from FL to ATL.  Hey, don't judge.  Sometimes we take extreme measures to get away from the in-laws.

Anyway, I had a crowd of weirdos trying to watch.  Got a little rowdy when the reception messed up.  I feared for my life.

Good times, good times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Absolutely right.  He was roastin' "MVP" Rose that year.  I was like, "Dayum, we got us a good'n!!"

I was watching that series on my laptop on a friggin Greyhound bus headed from FL to ATL.  Hey, don't judge.  Sometimes we take extreme measures to get away from the in-laws.

Anyway, I had a crowd of weirdos trying to watch.  Got a little rowdy when the reception messed up.  I feared for my life.

Good times, good times.

Yep. He balled out. Just never turned into that "dude"...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

They won't win many games, but their total will not be that low.  They should try to win as many games as possible though.  The goal this year should be focused on developing winning habits in these young players.

9 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

I can deal with 7-8 wins knowing in fact that we will have a lot of cap space and quality draft picks down the road.  I know it sucks but the dawn is coming.

They might win 12-14 at best. I'm fine with that this year... The only thing that is going to matter is player development this year. It's going to be like an 82 game preseason. 

• Like 1