• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KB21, your boys at Thestepien seem to like Future Atlanta Hawk Zion Williamson

NBASupes

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

You don't watch the game. You read the stat sheet but you will be on board. Zion plays a stat sheet game.

He will show up on blocks, rebounds, steals, threes, points, and assists. On top of that, he is efficient. Like I said, he will be the number 1 player out of this class. People don't want it because he has no NBA position but does he need one. On offense, he won't be stopped and on defense, he is a terror if he's playing the 5.

He has a lot of Ben Wallace in him defensively from a talent standpoint. Impact, hell no but talent is there.

Can he shoot the rock? That seems to be Schlenk's point of emphasis when drafting.

40 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Can he shoot the rock? That seems to be Schlenk's point of emphasis when drafting.

He went 3/4 from 3 in Dukes exhibition against some school called Ryerson, but it didn’t look promising. All of them kind of bounced hard off the rim on the way. Doesn’t make you believe he’s got a good stroke. Another thing I noticed is he cannot (or does not) finish with his right hand. That’s something he’s got to work on.

Zion:   13 - 23 . . . 3 - 4 3FG . . 13 rebs - 4 asst - 2 stls - 2 blks - 0 TOs . . 29 pts

RJ:   12 - 30 FG . . . 2 - 8 3FG . . 5 rebs - 2 asst - 2 stls - 1 blk - 5 TOs . . . 34 pts

But people are more impressed with RJ?

Folks are gonna see what they want to see.
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, kg01 said:

Ohhhhh schnap!

Ya'll better hide yer stash, KB is comin' to bust heads.

We are staying in Downtown Atlanta.  I don't know how those of you who live here do so.  

We are going to the Braves game tomorrow night.  It's Mississippi State night at Sun Trust.  

• Like 1

I haven't really done much research on it, yet but my Duke "diaper dandy" that I really like is Cam Reddish. Depending on how he does in college I might like Bol Bol as well. I'd have to do some reading up otherwise and that honestly might not be coming for a very long time.

15 hours ago, KB21 said:

We are staying in Downtown Atlanta.  I don't know how those of you who live here do so.  

We are going to the Braves game tomorrow night.  It's Mississippi State night at Sun Trust.  

We do it by not being whiny little snits like ... some.

MSSt night, huh?  Hope they break out the extra security and port-a-potties (instructions included) required when the other bulldogs visit.

:happy:

Have a good trip.  If you see a charming, dashing young chap with GT gear on, it's probably me.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I haven't really done much research on it, yet but my Duke "diaper dandy" that I really like is Cam Reddish. Depending on how he does in college I might like Bol Bol as well. I'd have to do some reading up otherwise and that honestly might not be coming for a very long time.

I’ve got a bit of a man/boy crush on Reddish as well, I like his game. But honestly I think he ends up getting lost in the sauce with the other 3. He is better than Tre Jones but Jones will be more ball dominant. I see Reddish getting a lot of catch and shoot opportunities with the other guys doing the majority of the playmaking

1 hour ago, TheFuzz said:

So far not too impressed with Zion or Barrett. Zion not super skilled, Barrett not super explosive. They look good but not knockout to me.

If you don’t mind me asking, who are examples of players that impressed you in their first college game, and why?

On 8/17/2018 at 7:28 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

If you don’t mind me asking, who are examples of players that impressed you in their first college game, and why?

I understand it's their first one, I'm not trying to be a hater, just saying I haven't seen anything yet I'm that impressed with. Embiid popped off the screen, for one.

5 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

I understand it's their first one, I'm not trying to be a hater, just saying I haven't seen anything yet I'm that impressed with. Embiid popped off the screen, for one.

I’m just saying, I haven’t seen any kid nor many NBA players move the way Zion does. I was skeptical of the hype too before I got to see him in an actual game. But he has another level of explosion that I didn’t expect. And he is able to use it in other ways outside of dunking, like attacking the glass or driving the lane and avoiding contact (which is hard to do when you’re that size).

Yeah he may not be KD with his shot but he already has better shooting form at 18 than Kent Bazemore had at age 24 when he came here and Kent was able to develop a good enough shot to be a quality shooter. 

As far as RJ goes, I’m not as hyped about him but I still see a very good overall skill set from him and after 2 games can confidently say he will be no less than Jayson Tatum in the NBA. Some kids have the It factor and he is one of them. 

On 8/16/2018 at 4:28 PM, bleachkit said:

Shooting is overrated.  Being able to score should be more of value.   It's safe to say that Tyler Cavanaugh is a better shooter than Zion, and always will be.  I hope Schlenk doesn't think he can add just shooting to this team, and we can be "Golden State East".  The true secret of Golden State, is that guys like Curry, Durant, and Thompson can all score the basketball, outside of being just great shooters.