• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KB21, your boys at Thestepien seem to like Future Atlanta Hawk Zion Williamson

NBASupes

Going to come down to us picking Zion or Barett. Real question is what happens to prince if we draft Zion.

Zion can play the 4, Prince stays at the 3 and Collins plays center. Against bigger centers maybe Collins slides down and Zion goes to the bench. Or we force the other team to matchup with us.

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Bazemore is the 6th man if we get Barrett

And possible not around by then. Not saying I don’t like Gaze but the contract and the rebuilding has him on the outside looking in as far as being a long term future Hawk. 

I gotta day again though that Baze is a player that has pleasantly surprised me. When we signed him that summer from the Lakers, he was a very different type of player and a much less skilled and only an athletic ball hog type. You can sure see the growth the last 4 years. Kudos Gaze, you put the work in and it shows. ? 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

What year do we have to make a contractual decision on Prince? His price tag is going up. 

Hawks have Team option on Prince for the 2019-20 season for $3.4 mil. In 2020,  Qualifying offer of $4.7 mil making him a RFA.

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So basically we have to make a decision about his future next summer.

We more than likely pick up his team option of $3.4 mil next summer. The following summer is when we'll have to pay him.

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We more than likely pick up his team option of $3.4 mil next summer. The following summer is when we'll have to pay him.

Lil more complicated than that.  Next summer till the end of October they need to debate negotiating an extension or letting him hit RFA. So essentially they need to figure out if they want to pay him based on this season even if the dollar amount won't hit until 2 summers from now.

• 2 months later...
  • Admin

Zion is not the guy I want ... he makes up for the fact that he is undersized with his awesome athleticism.   There is no doubt of his talent.

However, he is so heavy for a small guy that the pounding is going to do a number on his knees ... If he lost that explosion he will lose a lot of his game.  

RJ Barrett is the kid that's special in this draft and I hope we get.

23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Barrett

Williamson

Little

Reddish

Langford

Gimme 1!

Barrett, Reddish, Zion  in that order for me dawg ?

• Like 1