• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Zero chance. 

Which goes into new information

CHI is shopping #7 to A. Move up to #4 or B. move back. The teams who have interest are interested in a wing (Reddish or Little). Hunter is not generating the attention and should be available at #8 and later. 

ATL doesn't seem to have tremendous interest in Hunter. 

Which also is why ATL is aggressively trying to move up for a wing. 

The bad news I got is if Culver is gone at #4, CLE will take Reddish. 

ATL is in prime position to move up to #4 as I am hearing NO wants a center and are looking at Hunter. 

ATL is also in talks with CHI for #7. 

ATL is also trying to move back into the 1st with 2nd rounders and the ability to take on some 2019 salary. Teams are aware of this but teams want to see how the draft plays out first before trading down... I.E. (OKC).

As I said, LA moving out of the top 4 will change the draft and likely against us as they were taking Garland #4 but now, that pick is clearly not a PG. 

Expect the Hawks to be extremely and wisely aggressive. Drop the ideas of if we go up to #4, it's just for Culver because right now, Cam is a top 5 pick and Little is rapidly moving up the boards. 

This also means Coby White has dropped down the board, don't be surprised if he's drafted outside of the top 10. 

My hopes is we leave with 4, 10, and a 20 something pick with 3-4 players with one 2nd rounder if any at all.

Do you think they HAVE to give up 8 to get to 4 or could 10 and 17 plus 2nds get it done? 

Just now, marco102 said:

This is way more stressful than last year.  Sigh, I'm just going to resign myself to liking someone besides Reddish.

This is how the draft works for us: 

4. Garland - Good! Still got to move up to #6 though. 

4. Culver/Reddish/Little - BAD

4. Hunter - GREAT!  - We can sit pat. Extremely unlikely. 

The Lakers always held the keys to the draft. Now that they don't have it. We have to move up. It's just that simple. Wings just aren't top heavy in this class, if you want one, you gotta move up in front of #8. Teams know that and so do we. 

Hunter is getting this small ball 4 offensively label among teams in the NBA. That's why Little and Reddish are ahead of him and many teams board. Pels are calling agents with bigs for the most part but will due diligence for wings as well. 

Clearly, this was our #2 worst case scenario. 1st was always Ball and #4 to CHI and #7/LaVine to NO. Would have completely f***ed up our draft. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Do you think they HAVE to give up 8 to get to 4 or could 10 and 17 plus 2nds get it done? 

I don't have any reason to think the 2nds will be moved if 17 is in it. The Laker hold on #4 always determine how we move in this draft. I can't say #8 is on the board. It wasn't before but that was before LA moved out of the lottery. 

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is how the draft works for us: 

4. Garland - Good! Still got to move up to #6 though. 

4. Culver/Reddish/Little - BAD

4. Hunter - GREAT!  - We can sit pat. Extremely unlikely. 

The Lakers always held the keys to the draft. Now that they don't have it. We have to move up. It's just that simple. Wings just aren't top heavy in this class, if you want one, you gotta move up in front of #8. Teams know that and so do we. 

Hunter is getting this small ball 4 offensively label among teams in the NBA. That's why Little and Reddish are ahead of him and many teams board. Pels are calling agents with bigs for the most part but will due diligence for wings as well. 

Clearly, this was our #2 worst case scenario. 1st was always Ball and #4 to CHI and #7/LaVine to NO. Would have completely f***ed up our draft. 

I'm going to trust in Schlenk.  I thought Reddish didn't give his medicals to the Cavs.  I guess he did?

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm going to trust in Schlenk.  I thought Reddish didn't give his medicals to the Cavs.  I guess he did?

He didn't speak to anyone from CLE in a week. He was going off of old info. Cam was in CLE a couple of days ago. Medicals, interview and dinner. So yes, he has interest in CLE and ATL. He just wants to go as high as possible. Whoever gets him, he is happy with. 

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

We better take our center and be happy and not worry about these average wings!

World to PB, we don't have a real SF on the roster. Our depth is Bazemore right now and there is no wings in FA that's good that's available for us. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He didn't speak to anyone from CLE in a week. He was going off of old info. Cam was in CLE a couple of days ago. Medicals, interview and dinner. So yes, he has interest in CLE and ATL. He just wants to go as high as possible. Whoever gets him, he is happy with. 

World to PB, we don't have a real SF on the roster. Our depth is Bazemore right now and there is no wings in FA that's good that's available for us. 

And we still won't with reddish...There is free agency you know.  We can probably find a low budget SF in free agency better than Reddish

• Like 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

He doesn't need my help

Really sounding like KB21 right and predicting the future. My last comment on the matter.

Just now, marco102 said:

Really sounding like KB21 right now and predicting the future. My last comment on the matter.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We've just talked our way into thinking that Reddish is someone that he isn't. Just about every Draft expert think that he has serious flaws in his game.

I don't feel like arguing on about it like I did with the prospects last year but I agree.

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He's indicating the Cavs would take Garland, now that would be interesting. Leave Hunter for Phoenix and White for the Bulls.

He seem to indicate Reddish which is what I heard this evening.