• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

51 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

So-so at this stage, he has good extension and body framing but his handles need to quicken up. The usual for larger framed wings who played in the post in college. His hands and wingspan help him out a ton. 

If we can get Sekou and little or Reddish and little.... I’m not mad at that. 

I think if we got Sekou and Reddish that’s no doubt better and we will have a battle for starter minutes which is a good thing. On the other hand throw in little for one of these guys and I think he’s an automatic back up. All in all we’ll have our two new wings at the 3.

7 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Well if that LAL/CHI/NOP trade goes through we can all say bye to drafting Culver & to a lesser extent Cam or Hunter. Culver will go 4, Cam will most likely go 5 & Hunter 7. A trade up is going to be mandatory if we want Cam or Hunter

I say keep the pick and go Sekou! Then go Bol Bol at 10. Then 17 best player on the board .

15 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I hope he’s there at 8. I think he can develop into a 2 way star.  Especially in a place like Atlanta. Our staff could work wonders with him. 

Him, Claxton, and either Clarke/Doumbouya would give us enough high potential defensive players with some level of two way ability. 

hace 17 horas, Marvin24Williams dijo:

Well if that LAL/CHI/NOP trade goes through we can all say bye to drafting Culver & to a lesser extent Cam or Hunter. Culver will go 4, Cam will most likely go 5 & Hunter 7. A trade up is going to be mandatory if we want Cam or Hunter

I am not sure NO need a C, might draft Hayes or Bol at 7, not Hunter

I think the Hawks are all set to trade up for Jarrett Culver here soon. We have a slimmer of leverage with the Lakers finally out of that 4 spot (they were never trading that pick for anything but an allstar). We could be set up for a let down like with the trade deadline where the Hawks are talked up a ton and then ultimately do nothing though.

I think the Hawks will trade up for Culver and maybe the Bulls (who also like Culver) trade up to snatch Garland away from the Suns.

58 minutes ago, DBac said:

I think the Hawks are all set to trade up for Jarrett Culver here soon. We have a slimmer of leverage with the Lakers finally out of that 4 spot (they were never trading that pick for anything but an allstar). We could be set up for a let down like with the trade deadline where the Hawks are talked up a ton and then ultimately do nothing though.

I think the Hawks will trade up for Culver and maybe the Bulls (who also like Culver) trade up to snatch Garland away from the Suns.

The Hawks been made an offer for #4 before today but it's not a lock that it's for Jarrett Culver as it's been rumored. FYI

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DBac said:

Seems like the website routing is messed up? I can only get back here by using a thread URL first. The main page doesn't exist.

AHF mentioned they were upgrading the software a couple times yesterday. Not sure if that was the reason

There is a belief within that the Hawks want to make sure they get the wing they want as the wing player they covet at 8 or 10 might not be there so this idea we moving up for Culver is not true but best believe he is an option. 

• Like 1

Just now, marco102 said:

@NBASupes do you see Cam being there at 8th with this trade?  If New Orleans was to take the pick, no idea who they'd select, because Ingram is a 3 playing next to Zion at the 4 there. Maybe a Center, Bol Bol?

Zero chance. 

Which goes into new information

CHI is shopping #7 to A. Move up to #4 or B. move back. The teams who have interest are interested in a wing (Reddish or Little). Hunter is not generating the attention and should be available at #8 and later. 

ATL doesn't seem to have tremendous interest in Hunter. 

Which also is why ATL is aggressively trying to move up for a wing. 

The bad news I got is if Culver is gone at #4, CLE will take Reddish. 

ATL is in prime position to move up to #4 as I am hearing NO wants a center and are looking at Hunter. 

ATL is also in talks with CHI for #7. 

ATL is also trying to move back into the 1st with 2nd rounders and the ability to take on some 2019 salary. Teams are aware of this but teams want to see how the draft plays out first before trading down... I.E. (OKC).

As I said, LA moving out of the top 4 will change the draft and likely against us as they were taking Garland #4 but now, that pick is clearly not a PG. 

Expect the Hawks to be extremely and wisely aggressive. Drop the ideas of if we go up to #4, it's just for Culver because right now, Cam is a top 5 pick and Little is rapidly moving up the boards. 

This also means Coby White has dropped down the board, don't be surprised if he's drafted outside of the top 10. 

My hopes is we leave with 4, 10, and a 20 something pick with 3-4 players with one 2nd rounder if any at all.