Things I'm hearing

thecampster

41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cleveland has shown no interest which is why it's at a standstill. Atlanta wants a better deal, Cleveland wants a better deal. For them to come to a solution, I think Cleveland is going to have to lower their expectations. Love's 120 is toxic, it's not J.R. 5 mil or Delly 8. It's seen as toxic. Not because he is a bad player. It's cause he has played 140 games in the last three RS years making prime All Star money when he is leaving his prime at least perceived. 

There not getting 8. Atlanta is not getting future assets. They must come to an agreement or no deal. 

It’s understandable. The fact that they are at a standstill kinda tells me that moving up isn’t a at all cost type of thing. If they really were in love with a player at 5 they’d do it and not worry about loves contract but sounds like we are going to be just as happy keeping the picks we have 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Although Atlanta has refused, we might want to consider being open to trading CLE 2020 1st back to them. Taking on money is stupid and we gonna need so many assets. The rest they have aren't worth it. Yeah, this might be something to consider even if Atlanta doesn't want to. 

Forgot we had Cleveland’s 2020 already. Goodness schlenk and all these assets !

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

NO! That’s what Ainge did! Pass them off to others as gold or use them up before they become worthless.

:good:

Just now, NBASupes said:

No!!!! Ainge treated them like virgins

:laugh1:

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And not much to show for it.

Eggsactly.

The spin job by Scalabrine is stte: "Oh Dan E. saw the contract Paul got from HOU and he didn't wanna be in that situation, blah, blah ..."

Nice spin, Scalo.  An argument can be made that it's wise to move on from Kyme and Al but that ignores the crux of the issue.  As your witty meme alludes, they had a slew of assets and basically came away with ... not much.

Sure, they got to an ECF but that was supposed to be their floor.  Their springboard.  It turned out to be their ceiling.  And now they're losing their 2 all-stars for nothing.

Welcome to the 2nd round ceiling, Seeeeees.  You're the new Hawks, bro.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eggsactly.

The spin job by Scalabrine is stte: "Oh Dan E. saw the contract Paul got from HOU and he didn't wanna be in that situation, blah, blah ..."

Nice spin, Scalo.  An argument can be made that it's wise to move on from Kyme and Al but that ignores the crux of the issue.  As your witty meme alludes, they had a slew of assets and basically came away with ... not much.

Sure, they got to an ECF but that was supposed to be their floor.  Their springboard.  It turned out to be their ceiling.  And now they're losing their 2 all-stars for nothing.

Welcome to the 2nd round ceiling, Seeeeees.  You're the new Hawks, bro.

If Al was opting out of $30 mil, you would assume there would be prior discussions of the ballpark per year amount between the 2 sides.

Sounds like strAinge low balled him.

Isn't it tampering if another team is already offering him a 4 year deal?

Whoever gives him a 4yr/+$100 mil will be looking to trade him in 2 years time. He's 33 years with bad knees.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If Al was opting out of $30 mil, you would assume there would be prior discussions of the ballpark per year amount between the 2 sides.

Sounds like strAinge low balled him.

Isn't it tampering if another team is already offering him a 4 year deal? Whoever gives him a 4yr/+$100 mil will be looking to trade him in 2 years time. He's 33 years with bad knees.

Yup.  The only reason he opts out is if he had prior assurances of the framework of a deal.  Sneaky Pete aka Dan E. strAinge clearly snaked him after getting the opt out.  But, of course, no media guy will point this out.

And this is tampering but, since it hurts Seeees, it's the kind of tampering I like. 😎

2 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

This is what happens when you build your foundation with a headcase like Kyrie Irving.  Like Bill Simmons said on his podcast the other day.  Irving was a centerpiece that, once removed, all their current and future plans fell. 

A couple things, EL.

1. Their foundation crumbled once they held onto their assets too long.  They had the ammunition to get Butler, George, K. Leonard, AD, and others but chose not to.  Had nothing to do with Kyme.  That structure had termites and rot long before Kyme got there.

2. Don't ever listen to Simmons when it comes to Boston sports. He's an irrational Selltic fan masquerading as an "unbiased" observer.

We love you too much to let you do them drugs (B*** Simmons), EL ...... actually, pass whatchu smokin'.  It's for research purposes.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

This is what happens when you build your foundation with a headcase like Kyrie Irving.  Like Bill Simmons said on his podcast the other day.  Irving was a centerpiece that, once removed, all their current and future plans fell. 

I think it's just more than Irving though.

Brad Stephens has culpability in this as well. He didn't set the team heirarchy. 

Hayward coming off injury was back as an undeserved starter so I'm sure Brown and Tatum felt slighted.

Rozier thinks he's better than he is.

Danny had chamionship aspirations but didn't totally invest in getting the vet players to do so since he still didn't want yo part with the young assets.  He never fully comitted to a direction.

He had one foot in the grave the other on a banana peel.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

NO! That’s what Ainge did! Pass them off to others as gold or use them up before they become worthless.

Exactly!! Look at Mr.Ainge now and his war chest of assets

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think it's just more than Irving though.

Brad Stephens has culpability in this as well. He didn't set the team heirarchy. 

Hayward coming off injury was back as an undeserved starter so I'm sure Brown and Tatum felt slighted.

Rozier thinks he's better than he is.

Danny had chamionship aspirations but didn't totally invest in getting the vet players to do so since he still didn't want yo part with the young assets.  He never fully comitted to a direction.

He had one foot in the grave the other on a banana peel.

Oh my ... how did I not touch on the Golden Child?  Brad Naismith Auerbach.  It's shocking folks last year were saying he's a better coach than Popovich.  Como se dice, 'recency bias'?

Stevens was totally incapable of dealing with NBA egos.  That's as important as x's and o's if they plan on being a high level team.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

A couple things, EL.

1. Their foundation crumbled once they held onto their assets too long.  They had the ammunition to get Butler, George, K. Leonard, AD, and others but chose not to.  Had nothing to do with Kyme.  That structure had termites and rot long before Kyme got there.

2. Don't ever listen to Simmons when it comes to Boston sports. He's an irrational Selltic fan masquerading as an "unbiased" observer.

We love you too much to let you do them drugs (B*** Simmons), EL ...... actually, pass whatchu smokin'.  It's for research purposes.

Okay so I think you make some good further points with #1.  I never said there wasn't more to the story but Kyrie leaving is what was the death blow in terms of the chain of events happening at the current point in time....no AD and Horford apparently leaving.

As for your #2, I know Bill is an easy target for people, especially on this site as mentioning him almost always seems to be a sore spot for people.  But Bill acknowledges his often irrational Boston fandom.  But he tempers it enough to not bother me in the long run.  And there's a reason he's gotten the likes of the president Barrack Obama on his show.  Like it or not, he's considered by many, obviously myself included, as a very gifted conversationalist.  He has great guests and is MILLIONS times more interesting to listen to than local sports radio with what is the REAL source of biased homerism.  Not that you mentioned local talk radio and I realize podcasts are a different format.  I'm just saying people tend to be a little biased towards their home teams so that's hardly something to hold against someone and the guy is very smart and often very astute in his overall observations about the NBA.  He did write a bestselling book that is highly regarded by even the greats that played the game.

And #3 is a comment I'm honestly just confused about.  I don't know what you were trying to say there.  I even googled some of the lines with no luck.  You'll have to clarify.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

Okay so I think you make some good further points with #1.  I never said there wasn't more to the story but Kyrie leaving is what was the death blow in terms of the chain of events happening at the current point in time....no AD and Horford apparently leaving.

As for your #2, I know Bill is an easy target for people, especially on this site as mentioning him almost always seems to be a sore spot for people.  But Bill acknowledges his often irrational Boston fandom.  But he tempers it enough to not bother me in the long run.  And there's a reason he's gotten the likes of the president Barrack Obama on his show.  Like it or not, he's considered by many, obviously myself included, as a very gifted conversationalist.  He has great guests and is MILLIONS times more interesting to listen to than local sports radio with what is the REAL source of biased homerism.  Not that you mentioned local talk radio and I realize podcasts are a different format.  I'm just saying people tend to be a little biased towards their home teams so that's hardly something to hold against someone and the guy is very smart and often very astute in his overall observations about the NBA.  He did write a bestselling book that is highly regarded by even the greats that played the game.

And #3 is a comment I'm honestly just confused about.  I don't know what you were trying to say there.  I even googled some of the lines with no luck.  You'll have to clarify.

1. I think Boston media is trying to pin this all on Kyrie because he's an easy target.  The reality is it was a doomed experiment the whole time, based on decisions they've made (and failed to make) before Kyrie even got there.

2. Simmons is popular so him getting guests is no testament to his actual ability.  ESPN gets amazing guests on their shows but it's not because ESPN is a great platform.

He's wise enough to not go full-on Selltic mode, I'm sure. But it's not unreasonable that folks are turned off by him for a myriad of reasons.

I don't listen to local sports talk, at all.  And I don't recommend anyone should, for the reasons you mention.  NBARadio has plenty of insight from people with actual sources so I go there for NBA info.

3. Don't read too much into my attempts at humor.  They're nonsensical by design.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

A couple things, EL.

Research purposes huh? Don’t get Reed lit 🔥 from across the street. He’s an accountant for God’s sake..

1 hour ago, IheartVolt said:

Exactly!! Look at Mr.Ainge now and his war chest of assets

Ya he got burnt 🥵 playin hot potato 🥔