• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Things I'm hearing

thecampster

49 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

As for your #2, I know Bill is an easy target for people, especially on this site as mentioning him almost always seems to be a sore spot for people.  But Bill acknowledges his often irrational Boston fandom.  But he tempers it enough to not bother me in the long run.  And there's a reason he's gotten the likes of the president Barrack Obama on his show.  Like it or not, he's considered by many, obviously myself included, as a very gifted conversationalist.  He has great guests and is MILLIONS times more interesting to listen to than local sports radio with what is the REAL source of biased homerism.  Not that you mentioned local talk radio and I realize podcasts are a different format.  I'm just saying people tend to be a little biased towards their home teams so that's hardly something to hold against someone and the guy is very smart and often very astute in his overall observations about the NBA.  He did write a bestselling book that is highly regarded by even the greats that played the game.

Saying the Trae/Luka trade will go down as the worst in history brought the disdain from Hawks fans. Despite my loathing of all Bahst’n teams, I never had a problem with him before that. That sort of hyperbole, in my book, puts you in the same category of rediculous as Stephen A. Smith ✋🏽 

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Saying the Trae/Luka trade will go down as the worst in history brought the disdain from Hawks fans. Despite my loathing of all Bahst’n teams, I never had a problem with him before that. That sort of hyperbole, in my book, puts you in the same category of rediculous as Stephen A. Smith ✋🏽 

I've always viewed him as an entertainer.  You don't go to him for basketball insight as much as interesting observations and entertaining delivery.  SAS isn't a bad comparison.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hazer said:

That definitely is a quote I hope he revisits and revises.  It totally got on my nerves too as going way too far.  I don't see Trae or Luca getting anything but better and in the long run, they could be viewed as pretty close to even in overall value.  Having said that, at the time of the draft last year and after the first month of the past season, it was looking pretty ugly for the Hawks.  Thank goodness Trae found his mojo and narrowed that gap considerably and Simmons should own up to that if he hasn't already.

34 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

That definitely is a quote I hope he revisits and revises.  It totally got on my nerves too as going way too far.  I don't see Trae or Luca getting anything but better and in the long run, they could be viewed as pretty close to even in overall value.  Having said that, at the time of the draft last year and after the first month of the past season, it was looking pretty ugly for the Hawks.  Thank goodness Trae found his mojo and narrowed that gap considerably and Simmons should own up to that if he hasn't already.

i will never understand, for the life of me, why we got so much hate/criticism, meanwhile Phoenix and Sacramento  get off the hook for passing on both Luka AND Trae. We drafted Luka, flipped him for Trae and a 1st round pick. They skipped on Luka for free. That's who really should have been kicking themselves all season. Meanwhile people are on our nuts while Trae was balling better than every other rookie even in his struggle month. 

The hate we get is so apparent and reactive its disgusting. I feel bad that Trae's historically great rookie year will never get the recognition it deserves because of the bias against our franchise. Why cant the media hype both guys, why does it have to be either or?

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

This article frames it like people are eager to have Love for $120M.  I'm a bit skeptical of that.  If he gets traded, I'm very interested to see if the other team will be dumping bad contracts or getting better picks, etc. out of it.  I can't imagine we have a lot of interest just in the abstract in bringing in a still good player but one who is on the downside of his career and who will burn an excessive amount of cap room.  The fit just isn't there for when we expect to contend and when Love will be in his prime.

2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

i will never understand, for the life of me, why we got so much hate/criticism, meanwhile Phoenix and Sacramento dont get off the hook for passing on both Luka AND Trae. We drafted Luka, flipped him for Trae and a 1st round pick. They skipped on Luka for free. That's who really should have been kicking themselves all season. Meanwhile people are on our nuts while Trae was balling better than every other rookie even in his struggle month. 

The hate we get is so apparent and reactive its disgusting. I feel bad that Trae's historically great rookie year will never get the recognition it deserves because of the bias against our franchise. Why cant the media hype both guys, why does it have to be either or?

I meant that  they do get off the hook. I cant edit for some reason

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I meant that  they do get off the hook. I cant edit for some reason

They both picked very promising players who fill completely different roles (this is more important for Sacramento since Phoenix could have used a lead ballhandler) so I think that is a very big part of it.  Ayton looks outstanding and Bagley showed real upside.  If they had taken Bamba, there would be non-stop criticism.  

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Why would Griffin do that deal?  His team is young.  Why does he want 30 year Love when he has Zion to play power forward?

That reads to me like it was "leaked" by Cleveland to try to bolster interest from other teams.  Doesn't seem credible for us or them.

27 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Love and Collins lines up with Trae and Kev would be the worst defensive team in history ... it wouldn’t matter who slotted in at three ... there would be no salvaging 

We would get murdered nightly.

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I thought Memphis was all in on Morant, especially now that they have traded Conley.

Wouldn't the Knicks take Morant?

Sounds like they are good with Morant or Garland.  I guess if they got a future 1st to go along with Garland it may be worth it to them?  I honestly haven't paid that close attention to the difference between Ja and Garland.  Is it significant?

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Sounds like they are good with Morant or Garland.  I guess if they got a future 1st to go along with Garland it may be worth it to them?  I honestly haven't paid that close attention to the difference between Ja and Garland.  Is it significant?

From what I understand.....big enough.