• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Resign Dedmon

Jdawgflow

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

What he looked like a few weeks ago.

I just don't think Spellman can handle players like Embiid, Towns, Vucivic Etc.  He is more of a power forward type to me.  I prefer 7 footers at center.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I just don't think Spellman can handle players like Embiid, Towns, Vucivic Etc.  He is more of a power forward type to me.  I prefer 7 footers at center.

Switching on defense as Pierce has said he wants to do, it is only the rarest of 7 footers who are mobile enough to do that.

Spellman is a special player if he keeps the weight off.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

Switching on defense as Pierce has said he wants to do, it is only the rarest of 7 footers who are mobile enough to do that.

Spellman is a special player if he keeps the weight off.

We really need to sign another Center rather than marching this make shift garbage out there. 

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Good Luck Ded!

Just sucked that the Hawks didn't value him enough to give him a 3 year deal...Don't understand

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

We really need to sign another Center rather than marching this make shift garbage out there. 

Just sucked that the Hawks didn't value him enough to give him a 3 year deal...Don't understand

You thought his range would be $8-$10 mil. 

He got $13 mil per.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

I don’t have much faith in Spellman. I see someone that that stands on the outside and shoots 3’s. I think Bruno will be a lot better. Spellman will be a Mike Scott.

The Hawk fans just don't value the center position.  They think anyone can be the last line of defense.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You thought his range would be $8-$10 mil. 

He got $13 mil per.

I didn't care how much it cost...They should have gotten it done!!!

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Your call, but if I were you, I'd get used to the idea that the plan includes making sure we have room in off-season 2021 for two max players, were they to be interested to come to ATL.... maybe that would help explain it.

• Premium Member
Just now, sturt said:

We have our power forward, wings and point guards so why would you want someone else to replace the players you went out of your way to acquire by tanking???

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m going to Hawks at Sac game this year! I’ll tell him you send ur regards Bird!  😆 

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/87d7fe32-7acc-4b8b-ac13-a53aa83ad4b4

This really pisses me off!

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

We have our power forward, wings and point guards so why would you want someone else to replace the players you went out of your way to acquire by tanking???

This really pisses me off!

You don’t want me to go to see the Hawks in sac? 😐 

• Premium Member
Just now, Plainview1981 said:

No major FA’s are ever going to sign here. I can’t believe folks haven’t figured that out after all of these years.

That very well may be true, but there was a time not very long ago in reality that no one wanted to go to GSW either.... once you get good and have home grown talent, there's at least a chance... and it's always been fact not fiction that an inordinate number of players choose to live in ATL, so it's not like we're looking to attract anyone to some place like Cleveland.

I don't count on it, but I don't rule it out. I think Schlenk has it figured out... get your core in the draft, then make sure you don't make bad mistakes in FA.

• Like 1