• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Resign Dedmon

Jdawgflow

12 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I guess Plumlee is officially our back up center unless we sign Robin Lopez! LOL!

Len/Fernando/Collins/Spellman/Plumlee

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, hazer said:

Len/Fernando/Collins/Spellman/Plumlee

So Collins is a center now???  You do know that Power forward and center are 2 completely different positions and require completely different skill sets and physical tools right?  Well i guess not on a lottery team.

5 minutes ago, frosgrim said:

Geeze, drive into work and, well work, and things change.  Thanks for the update. 

Again...don't get wrapped up into this. Many of these teams are going to need to trade away salary to make these deals happen. We are going to grab someone else's scraps.

21 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So Collins is a center now???  You do know that Power forward and center are 2 completely different positions and require completely different skill sets and physical tools right?  Well i guess not on a lottery team.

Peo Peo Peo. I know you’ve watched Hawks games. Collins is both my friend, played both positions for Wake Forest and Hawks. I wouldn’t use him there as a starter, but he’s logged backup minutes. And we are discussing backup Cs ain’t we 🤔

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hazer said:

Peo Peo Peo. I know you’ve watched Hawks games. Collins is both my friend, played both positions for Wake Forest and Hawks. I wouldn’t use him there as a starter, but he’s logged backup minutes. And we are discussing backup Cs ain’t we 🤔

Sorry...This is why he stays in foul touble and our paint defense is the worst in the league.  The Hawks are having John focusing on developing Power forward skills.

• Premium Member

I will miss Dedmon but $40 mil is more than we needed to pay.  I believe we will find another under the radar guy and coach them up.  Len, and Dedmon, are great examples of this.  Anyone got any advanced stats to give an idea of who we may pursue in trade or FA?

Note:  Dedmon resigned with Atlanta because he wanted to be here.  Remember this?  His contract ended and now he wants to go back to California, so he has.

Atlanta Hawks probably believed he would leave, therefore they drafted Bruno Fernando to replace him on the roster.

Hawks did not and does not expect to win the east and the championship this season.  I wanted Dedmon to return, as most everyone here did.  He's not.  Since he's gone, so is his $$$ cap space.  Spend it wise, Atlanta GM..

:smug:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

His contract ended and now he wants to go back to California, so he has.

He left because the Hawks refused to add a 3rd year.  And the 3rd year is only partially guaranteed.

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Atlanta Hawks probably believed he would leave, therefore they drafted Bruno Fernando to replace him on the roster.

The Hawks probably won't attempt to resign Len either probably opting to find a cheap replacement

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, thecampster said:

I dont know how many time I need to say it, the metrics say we were better last year when Len was on the floor.

You can say it as many times as you like it doesn't make it right. Dedmon had a higher Offensive Rating, a lower Defensive Rating (lowest on the team) and more Win Shares per 48 minutes; also he was in each of the top 3 most effective lineups last year whilst Len was not.

https://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanced/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular Season&TeamID=1610612737

So what metrics are you referring to exactly?

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

You can say it as many times as you like it doesn't make it right. Dedmon had a higher Offensive Rating, a lower Defensive Rating (lowest on the team) and more Win Shares per 48 minutes; also he was in each of the top 3 most effective lineups last year whilst Len was not.

https://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanced/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular Season&TeamID=1610612737

So what metrics are you referring to exactly?

Simple explanation...Dedmon is a starter going against the other team's starters. Len is a back up going against the other team's back up

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Simple explanation...Dedmon is a starter going against the other team's starters. Len is a back up going against the other team's back up

What is your point? 

Also, you aren't correct anyway. Len played most of his minutes with the starting unit. 

Edited by Atlantaholic

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Sorry...This is why he stays in foul touble and our paint defense is the worst in the league.  The Hawks are having John focusing on developing Power forward skills.

Sorry, he will be playing some backup minutes at C in some smallball lineups. They’ll be limited minutes, but it’s going to happen.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, hazer said:

Sorry, he will be playing some backup minutes at C in some smallball lineups. They’ll be limited minutes, but it’s going to happen.

And this is why we will remain a lottery team until this changes.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

And this is why we will remain a lottery team until this changes.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d1a2ae3564e487a63