Resign Dedmon

Jdawgflow

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, High5 said:

You called Len an emergency player with no offensive skill last year. He turned out alright. 

I hope Schlenk signs Kufos then and turn him into an offensive weapon just to make y'all salvation army shoppers happy

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, High5 said:

You called Len an emergency player with no offensive skill last year. He turned out alright. 

Seriously.  If Len was on that peo would be sh**ing on him left and right.  Neither Dedmon nor Len was considered much of a get for us when we signed them.  They were both people who the market ignored during the early rush of FA and we scooped up sometime in July.  Schlenk clearly intends to follow that pattern again.

Edit:  Here we go.  

On 7/21/2018 at 4:47 PM, Peoriabird said:

Bebe probably is better than Len!

On 7/21/2018 at 4:44 PM, Peoriabird said:

This guy has almost no offensive skill!  Truly an emergency player.  Can't believe he was a drafted player 

How about something about how Peo is ticked off we didn't spend big because, you know, getting Len is Salavation army shopping?

On 9/10/2018 at 4:16 PM, Peoriabird said:

No one else wanted Alex Len.  None of the above classifies as high priced free agents

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, AHF said:

Seriously.  If Len was on that peo would be sh**ing on him left and right.  Neither Dedmon nor Len was considered much of a get for us when we signed them.  They were both people who the market ignored during the early rush of FA and we scooped up sometime in July.  Schlenk clearly intends to follow that pattern again.

Edit:  Here we go.  

How about something about how Peo is ticked off we didn't spend big because, you know, getting Len is Salavation army shopping?

I see where y'all do your christmas shopping...good luck this year.

• Moderators

Schlenk is following the same pattern he did when he got Dedmon who you wanted to pay $40M.  He waited until July, bought low and got value.  

Schlenk already said he was going to do this again.  He is doing it again.

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I see where y'all do your christmas shopping...good luck this year.

Give me your shopping list.  

Since Dedmon had an offer for $40M for 3 years you can start with how you would top that and go from there.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Give me your shopping list.  

Since Dedmon had an offer for $40M for 3 years you can start with how you would top that and go from there.

You are forgetting the non garenteed part

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

You are forgetting the non garenteed part

Give us the offer you would make to top what he got and keep him and we can see where that puts us compared to where we end up.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Give us the offer you would make to top what he got and keep him and we can see where that puts us compared to where we end up.

I would show respect for the guy and treat him like the starting center that he is.  It is down right disrespectful to low ball a player if he deserves to paid for what he has contributed to the team's success.  Setting a bad precedent and players are watching.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all act Len is some amazing center! Len was made by Trae this year and even with Trae, this guy blows 1/3 of his bunnies at the rim.  Good thing he can shoot a little from 3.

Relaaaaaxx.  Bruno will give us what you're looking for. 

Come Thanksgiving, you'll forget that we lost Dedmon, and Len will be coming off the bench.

Len isn't as terrible as you make him out to be. He's no Pero Antic, or Bebe, or Tavares.  We've had HORRIBLE big men here.  I'll definitely take a replay of what Len did last season, in a reserve role.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Relaaaaaxx.  Bruno will give us what you're looking for. 

Come Thanksgiving, you'll forget that we lost Dedmon, and Len will be coming off the bench.

Len isn't as terrible as you make him out to be. He's no Pero Antic, or Bebe, or Tavares.  We've had HORRIBLE big men here.  I'll definitely take a replay of what Len did last season, in a reserve role.

Looking forward to seeing Bruno in Summer league

• Like 2

• Moderators

FWIW

Kings take the throne ... for worst move?

"I'm not running with the [Dewayne] Dedmon signing," a scout said of the Kings. "For that amount of money, I don't see it."

One assistant coach didn't hesitate when asked who he thought was the worst signing. "Dedmon," he said. "Felt like a lot."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27113406/nba-summer-league-buzz-stood-utah-sacramento

6 hours ago, AHF said:

I disagree. I felt it was a tremendous signing. Its not his talent that's worth it, you can get a vet min more talented at center but its that he is a positive impact, does the little things that makes his teammates better and he can stretch the floor.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

I’m probably being too hard on Len. I don’t think he is a problem as a 20 minute back up, but not a starter.

Len is just the placeholder until Bruno developes and/or we sign a star FA center with max cap money (or trade) in either ‘20 or ‘21.

Edited by hazer

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, hazer said:

Len is just the placeholder until Bruno developes and/or we sign a star FA center with max cap money (or trade) in either ‘20 or ‘21.

Doesn't even have to be a star.  Just a matter of signing an impact starter on the right contract who fits what we are looking for from the position.  Like you said, I agree it will come in time.

• Like 1