• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Spellman Ate his Way out of ATL (Traded to GSW)

kg01

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Still curious as to why Golden State wants him!

My guess is that they viewed Jones as an expiring contract just filling space on the roster and thought Omari could have a future with them if he woke up by that they knew Jones didn’t.  

Maybe now at his new playing weight he will avoid injuries that were going to riddle what career he was going to have. We had our own example of that. With that in mind and with they will surely work with his long game maybe there will be some consistent minutes for him coming up. That trade apparently was indeed a wake up call for him judging by that 275. Good luck to him.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, AHF said:

My guess is that they viewed Jones as an expiring contract just filling space on the roster and thought Omari could have a future with them if he woke up by that they knew Jones didn’t.  

This is not a vote of confidence in favor of Jones!

I been hearing good things about him in GS. I know it sounds bad but the trade wasn't the reality check. Playing for a significant franchise was. He wanted that and I don't think he wanted to be on a losing team in his opinion. GS been to most of the finals in the last 6 years. 

That said, Jones wants to be here. I've heard he has shown a lot of things in the summer workouts he didn't show at Golden like Len did last year from Phoenix 

4 hours ago, AHF said:

I don’t have Supes confidence in him.  

Sturt is the Jones guy

• Like 1

So if he didn't want to be on a team with a losing record (last year's campaign as the example) why did he admit to the public he cried when he was traded out of Atlanta. What is the point of that kind of PR for him. Don't think he wanted out but do think the OP is pretty accurate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not sure if this is true but..

If he is working under Draymond I’m not surprised.

Can he keep it off will be the question going forward.

I remember seeing workout videos of Spell in offseason and I thought he was doing something worthwhile.  I mentioned he looked chubby in Cam's welcome to the A video.

Then he showed up to pkay SL and I was :blink:...i thought it was Oliver Miller out there.

• Haha 2