• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Spellman Ate his Way out of ATL (Traded to GSW)

kg01

1 minute ago, MaceCase said:

The South just isn't conducive to a man cursed with his... predilections.  Now avocado toast, kale salads, and sushi?  The weight will melt off, why'd you think Spud stays out there?

"What's that, ma$e?" - Z. Williamson

• Haha 2

Just now, MaceCase said:

The South just isn't conducive to a man cursed with his... predilections.  Now avocado toast, kale salads, and sushi?  The weight will melt off, why'd you think Spud stays out there?

True story. If I came to Atlanta y’all would send me back on a plane ✈️ in Omari fashion in a couple weeks 😆 I’m eating salads here like I’m about to enter a swimsuit comp.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

So, I'm just now finding out the news, and on my Twitter feed a few swipes down is this...

It's funny to think of what scowl hit C-Viv's face just a couple or three hours after posting this... hehe. Well, at least C-Viv can say he did his quota, I guess. It's a story. Not a relevant one suddenly, but a story nonetheless.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

That 20 piece lemon pepper wet is hell

• Haha 4

• Moderators

Has anyone watched Jones?  He got a significant bump in minutes last season but only up to 410 for the season (up from 89 minutes the season before).  Wasn't much of a scorer or rebounder.  Basically took all his shots at the rim (and converted a nice 70% of them) but didn't get many opportunities (probably meaning he mostly cleaned stuff up and caught some passes for layups/dunks).  Blocked some shots (averaged 2.2 blocks per 36 last season compared to 1.6 per 36 for Dedmon and Len).

Our Depth Chart after this, trying to keep up today with all the dang moves happening:

PG: T. Young, E. Turner, J. Adams

SG: K. Huerter, D. Bembry, A. Crabbe

SF: D. Hunter, C. Reddish, 

PF: J. Collins, J. Parker, C. Parsons

C : A. Len, B. Fernando, D. Jones

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Has anyone watched Jones?  He got a significant bump in minutes last season but only up to 410 for the season (up from 89 minutes the season before).  Wasn't much of a scorer or rebounder.  Basically took all his shots at the rim (and converted a nice 70% of them) but didn't get many opportunities (probably meaning he mostly cleaned stuff up and caught some passes for layups/dunks).  Blocked some shots (averaged 2.2 blocks per 36 last season compared to 1.6 per 36 for Dedmon and Len).

He was trash from what I saw. Worse than any center we played last year

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Can't read the article but I like that he asked to play in the summer league.  Suggests some desire there.  

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He was trash from what I saw. Worse than any center we played last year

Wish I could say this surprised me but it doesn't.  Wonder if we will actually keep him on the roster or if we simply gave up on Spellman and took on his salary for a pick.  

Strange day for the Hawks.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Can't read the article but I like that he asked to play in the summer league.  Suggests some desire there.  

Wish I could say this surprised me but it doesn't.  Wonder if we will actually keep him on the roster or if we simply gave up on Spellman and took on his salary for a pick.  

Strange day for the Hawks.

Here's a section of it that I thought was pretty good. Shows the potential and the negatives...(I bolded the part that stands out to me)

“This is why we have to have Damian,” Steve Kerr said after the Suns game. “If you think of the past week: Adams, Gobert, Jokić and now Ayton. You have to have that kind of size to deal with the position. There will be smaller matchups, but I thought he passed this week’s test with flying colors.”

((snip ~lw3))

Jones has a useful but limited skill set, very dependent on its surroundings. Give him spacing and an elite pick-and-roll ballhandler and he can do some things. Take it all away and he’s suddenly lost in an environment where his strengths are diminished and his weaknesses are illuminated.

((snip ~lw3))

Curry returned on the first day of December, in Detroit. Jones had two dunks and a putback that night. But in the third quarter, his arm got tangled up while battling for a rebound with Andre Drummond.

“Weird play,” Jones said. “Super unexpected. I thought maybe I dislocated something.”

He hoped it was something minor, but the swelling intensified once he got to the locker room. The training staff had him go through some motion exercises with his left arm. He’d had this type of feeling before.

A late-night Detroit hospital trip and MRI would only confirm what he’d already feared. The game Curry returned, Jones tore his left pec, ending his best opportunity to prove whether he could survive in the NBA.

“It really did suck,” Jones said.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1