• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Spellman Ate his Way out of ATL (Traded to GSW)

kg01

55 minutes ago, High5 said:

That’s really disappointing. Coming into SL out of shape was a huge red flag so I can’t say I blame Schlenk and LP for cutting him loose, but I really liked his game. And this will probably be the jolt he needs to change his habits so I’m not looking forward to him flourishing in GS.

And the moral of the story is don't disappoint Travis and LP like that players. Come into the SL in shape.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Lloyd sounded disappointed when the announcer asked him about Spellman's conditioning yesterday during the game. I guess the Hawks had enough. I was pulling for B.I.G. and hope he uses this as motivation to get in shape.

If you are a professional athlete and can't stay in shape that's just kind of ridiculous.

• Like 2

Quick question are we not talking about Damian Jones because we think he won’t stick on the roster or do we really not care? 😂 

I’ve seen the guy play...nothing stood out to me. Like that Christian Wood guy, when you saw him play ur like ok ok the kid has something. I didn’t see it with Damian. Hope he brings it if he’s staying.

Damian Jones is an athletic C that cannot stay healthy, foul prone, not a good rebounder, no post moves, cannot spread the floor, good shot blocking instincts. Probably good for 10 min or so if he can manage to provide good defense, adavanced stats do not love him but defense his last year seems to be ok

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Damian Jones is an athletic C that cannot stay healthy, foul prone, not a good rebounder, no post moves, cannot spread the floor, good shot blocking instincts. Probably good for 10 min or so if he can manage to provide good defense, adavanced stats do not love him but defense his last year seems to be ok

Another Solomon Jones basically.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

We got out of a kid that's eating his way out of the NBA. I don't blame the FO. This cat was a FRP and just got traded for a bag of Doritos and a second round pick.

At least that's one bag that Omari won't get his hands on I guess out on the west coast...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Damian Jones is the only guy on our roster with 2 NBA rings. Nobody else even has one ☝🏾

Kinda like the Falcons bringing in a close to forty year old ex Patriot. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I wasn’t trying to be mean or anything. From seeing both players, Solo then would edge Damian out.

Jones downside is higher than the highest of Solos. Solo was a 6'9 pf who was 220 without great athleticism or versatility. Jones at least has a great body and size for a center and is a tremendous athletic but sadly low BBIQ, low feel for the game, no range and a low motor just kills the advantages. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

On the bright side, The mystery is solved!

May want to wait until the roster is actually complete.  This feels more like it is about shoving out Spellman than anything else.