• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You don't want to pay the tax for a lot of reasons. You don't get the full benefits from the other owners as well. OKC needs that as well. Clay Bennett probably made that much clear.

But that does not make them desperate. I cannot see CP3 being moved without them sending a pick. I think they are just stuck with him. Schröder is a nice backup but 15 million for a backup is a pretty big price. Trading Gallinari only makes sense if they get something decent in return; his cap relief next season is astronomical for them. Adams has the value and I think he is who they will move if they really want to get under.

OKC stands at 7th and the real question is do they see a need to trade anyone at all? Moving Adams pretty much puts them in tank mode. Do they really feel that is necessary when they have some pretty good young talent, future picks from their robbery of the Clippers, Adams, and are stuck with the 40 million dollar man in CP3 anyway?

Edited by Buzzard

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

But that does not make them desperate. I cannot see CP3 being moved without them sending a pick. I think they are just stuck with him. Schröder is a nice backup but 15 million for a backup is a pretty big price. Trading Gallinari only makes sense if they get something decent in return; his cap relief next season is astronomical for them. Adams has the value and I think he is who they will move if they really want to get under.

OKC stands at 7th and the real question is do they see a need to trade anyone at all? Moving Adams pretty much puts them in tank mode. Do they really feel that is necessary when they have some pretty good young talent, future picks from their robbery of the Clippers, Adams, and are stuck with the 40 million dollar man in CP3 anyway?

You keep talking about desperate and I am not following you whatsoever. 

Gallo market is two freaking 2nd rounders. That's not that f***ing decent, it's just okay but that's what happens when your contract is big, your over 30 and expiring. Your market is much more limited. 

Dennis has negative market value as he should be making Jabari money but is making 31 million in the next two years. They would have to sell or add him to a positive value to get rid of him. That's fact! No chaser. 

OKC isn't even trying to make the playoffs, they have a clear mission to rebuild. If they do decide to keep their guys, that's fine but they have to deal with the LT and other things. What I am telling you is, they will trade those guys because they are REBUILDING. They would trade CP3 right now if they could. 

If you called about Ferguson, Bazley, or SGA, they would hang up on you. The same way we would if you called about our rooks, Trae, Kev, or John. 

Look at this: Consider us like last year's Bulls. We are still a rebuilding team but we want to be more competitive. They traded two young players, one on a rookie deal and another in Parker who had a big deal/expiring and landed Otto Porter Jr. 

That's what we are. We are not a buyer. We aren't selling key assets but we are in the middle of rebuilding and buying. We are open to trading cap space or young players like Parker, Bembry, etc for upgrades even if the contract is bigger. That's all this is. 

I don't know why you are so dead-set on this. If OKC don't want to make a trade, they won't. It's that simple! 

My suggestion is that we had the best deal on the market bar none. 

They could get two 2nds from Portland plus Bazemore or two 2nds from Dallas for Gallo for someone like Lee but Atlanta is giving you:

Cap relief this year (close to 5 mil)

15.5 dollars off next year's cap

Young players like Parker/Bembry/Jones on excellent deals. They don't make shit for what they are. All of them are worth more than their value right now. All of them. 

That's a tremendous offer considering what's out there. 

In my opinion any move we make now is a step on the wrong direction. Adams or even Capela are worst than Drummond and we would have to give assets for them. I think we need another 2 good picks to round the talent level on the team, there would be great PGs at 15-20 with BKN pick and we should take best player available with our own pick, hopefully is Edwards or Wiseman but most likely could be Carney Jr, Stewart or Advija. A big and a PG, then go to FA to round the team, draft a starting C a backup PF and perhaps a wing and a backup PG

Trae/Napier/Hampton 

Huerter/Joe Harris/Reddish

Hunter/Reddish/ Bembry

Collins/Bertans/Wood

Drummond/Fernando/Carney Jr

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Young players like Parker/Bembry/Jones on excellent deals. They don't make shit for what they are. All of them are worth more than their value right now. All of them. 

Two of those players are RFAs and Parker could easily opt out. Parker is a scorer while both Bembry and Jones have shown nothing except a ability to be role players. There is nothing tremendous about any of that.

Unless OKC sees some hidden unlocked potential, I would bet money they would prefer to use 2nd round picks to try at some role players; which are much cheaper than what either Bembry or Jones will get as vets next season.

Edited by Buzzard

31 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Two of those players are RFAs and Parker could easily opt out. Parker is a scorer while both Bembry and Jones have shown nothing except a ability to be role players. There is nothing tremendous about any of that.

Unless OKC sees some hidden unlocked potential, I would bet money they would prefer to use 2nd round picks to try at some role players; which are much cheaper than what either Bembry or Jones will get as vets next season.

Parker is making 6.5 million. That's an excellent contract. The fact that those two are RFAs only raises their trade value.

Parker is a 6th man scorer who rates highly on most metrics. 

Same for Bembry as a two way rotational piece who gets a lot of stocks. 

Jones is just an average backup center so yeah, he doesn't have much value 

They would have their choices, they could put them on the market. There are a lot of teams that would jump at the chance to get either Bembry or Parker. You seem to not understand trade value. Parker is making 6.5 million for a 6th man type who statistically and film wise is very effective. That's easily worth a 2nd round pick. Same for Bembry. 

It's like you keep comparing them as players. 

Yes, Gallinari is clearly better than Parker. 

Yes, Noel is clearly better than Jones

Dennis and Bembry have similar player value. Both are up and down rotational pieces who can outperform their opponents consistently but blow the game in the same breath. 

Moose and Parsons is just useless player value

What you don't seem to understand is:

Gallo is over 30, his contract is 22.6 million. That makes it EXTREMELY hard to make a good deal. Most good teams lack bad contracts. If you go to the teams with bad one year deals, Atlanta is the leader with 3. Most bad teams barely have one. 

For example, Dallas can't even make the damn trade unless it's for Tim who plays a critical role for Dallas. 

That's the issue most teams face due to his damn contract. Atlanta doesn't face that issue. That's the part you don't understand.

You keep focusing on the players and not the package. The package we offer is why the deal is so damn good. We offer a ton of benefits that most teams can't. 

If OKC wants to, they could trade Parker for a 2nd rounder to Washington and a TPE. Bembry contract is extremely moveable. That's one of the easiest contracts to move.  That's the part you keep missing, our package has TRADE VALUE. 

Dennis is seen as a similar player to Bembry but making 31 million over the next two years. That's too much money. No one can take that deal. 

OKC does have some advantages. They could trade Adams for Batum and get a 1st from Charlotte if CHA wants to do that which they likely don't but you never know. They tanked a year too late in my opinion. 

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Parker is making 6.5 million. That's an excellent contract. The fact that those two are RFAs only raises their trade value.

Parker is a 6th man scorer who rates highly on most metrics. 

Same for Bembry as a two way rotational piece who gets a lot of stocks. 

Jones is just an average backup center so yeah, he doesn't have much value 

They would have their choices, they could put them on the market. There are a lot of teams that would jump at the chance to get either Bembry or Parker. You seem to not understand trade value. Parker is making 6.5 million for a 6th man type who statistically and film wise is very effective. That's easily worth a 2nd round pick. Same for Bembry. 

It's like you keep comparing them as players. 

Yes, Gallinari is clearly better than Parker. 

Yes, Noel is clearly better than Jones

Dennis and Bembry have similar player value. Both are up and down rotational pieces who can outperform their opponents consistently but blow the game in the same breath. 

Moose and Parsons is just useless player value

What you don't seem to understand is:

Gallo is over 30, his contract is 22.6 million. That makes it EXTREMELY hard to make a good deal. Most good teams lack bad contracts. If you go to the teams with bad one year deals, Atlanta is the leader with 3. Most bad teams barely have one. 

For example, Dallas can't even make the damn trade unless it's for Tim who plays a critical role for Dallas. 

That's the issue most teams face due to his damn contract. Atlanta doesn't face that issue. That's the part you don't understand.

You keep focusing on the players and not the package. The package we offer is why the deal is so damn good. We offer a ton of benefits that most teams can't. 

If OKC wants to, they could trade Parker for a 2nd rounder to Washington and a TPE. Bembry contract is extremely moveable. That's one of the easiest contracts to move.  That's the part you keep missing, our package has TRADE VALUE. 

Dennis is seen as a similar player to Bembry but making 31 million over the next two years. That's too much money. No one can take that deal. 

OKC does have some advantages. They could trade Adams for Batum and get a 1st from Charlotte if CHA wants to do that which they likely don't but you never know. They tanked a year too late in my opinion. 

I think you are wearing your Hawks fan glasses in assessing the relative trade value on both sides of this deal.  I think you nail Dennis' toxic value and Parsons' total lack of value but that you under and over state the value of the other players.  If OKC trades for this package, there is a good chance that not a single one of these players would be on their roster next year and doing so would be a total capitulation at trying to compete this season.  2nd rounds picks would be more valuable for them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think you are wearing your Hawks fan glasses in assessing the relative trade value on both sides of this deal.  I think you nail Dennis' toxic value and Parsons' total lack of value but that you under and over state the value of the other players.  If OKC trades for this package, there is a good chance that not a single one of these players would be on their roster next year and doing so would be a total capitulation at trying to compete this season.  2nd rounds picks would be more valuable for them.

Which they could also get with Bembry and Parker. 

Find good packages for Gallo that teams would actually do? 

Do the same for Noel who has the ability to decline his deal?

Since those two have the most player value of all of the 8 players along with Bembry. 

Edited by NBASupes

MOOVIN' ON UP!

Just checked it out (under Hawk news section) where they talked about the NBA power ratings.  Hawks have moved up!  They are now #1 in the sorriest NBA teams ratings!  Ready to move up to the next section?  Maybe.  Since injured Hawks are improving and schedule has let up just a little, we may show improvement!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:dance3:

• Haha 3

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

The funny part is people will glance over that 3pt shooting metric and think, "Yeah the Hawks are bad at 3pt shooting a-cause Trae Young always shooting 30 foot shots, blah, blah, blah .."

No, dumbarse, it's dregs like Bembry, Parker, and Jones dragging the team's shooting percentages down.

I hate people.

• Haha 4

On 12/9/2019 at 4:02 PM, NBASupes said:

You keep talking about desperate and I am not following you whatsoever. 

Gallo market is two freaking 2nd rounders. That's not that f***ing decent, it's just okay but that's what happens when your contract is big, your over 30 and expiring. Your market is much more limited. 

Dennis has negative market value as he should be making Jabari money but is making 31 million in the next two years. They would have to sell or add him to a positive value to get rid of him. That's fact! No chaser. 

OKC isn't even trying to make the playoffs, they have a clear mission to rebuild. If they do decide to keep their guys, that's fine but they have to deal with the LT and other things. What I am telling you is, they will trade those guys because they are REBUILDING. They would trade CP3 right now if they could. 

If you called about Ferguson, Bazley, or SGA, they would hang up on you. The same way we would if you called about our rooks, Trae, Kev, or John. 

Look at this: Consider us like last year's Bulls. We are still a rebuilding team but we want to be more competitive. They traded two young players, one on a rookie deal and another in Parker who had a big deal/expiring and landed Otto Porter Jr. 

That's what we are. We are not a buyer. We aren't selling key assets but we are in the middle of rebuilding and buying. We are open to trading cap space or young players like Parker, Bembry, etc for upgrades even if the contract is bigger. That's all this is. 

I don't know why you are so dead-set on this. If OKC don't want to make a trade, they won't. It's that simple! 

My suggestion is that we had the best deal on the market bar none. 

They could get two 2nds from Portland plus Bazemore or two 2nds from Dallas for Gallo for someone like Lee but Atlanta is giving you:

Cap relief this year (close to 5 mil)

15.5 dollars off next year's cap

I was wrong, got some legit information this morning that Gallo will get a 1st rounder. Likely heavily protected one but considering the teams, it should be a good value and their open to taking contracts. OKC got options 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Gallo will get a 1st rounder.

So he’s headed back to the Knicks! 

GALLOOOOOONNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I hate people.

I tolerate them. I like to kick it with my dog 🐶 and no my name isn’t sturt. 😐 

• Haha 3