• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

3 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

Mike Bobby

:eyebrow: Is that the alter ego of Bibby when he turns into the Incredible Hulk if someone gets him angry?

ps Why are the Bulls so popular down south? Did MJ make another comeback? YOU PEOPLE ARE LIVIN IN THE PAST MAN!!!!

• Haha 4

On 2/21/2022 at 11:12 AM, JeffS17 said:

I know you're just refuting the counting stats statements, so this isn't necessarily directed at you, but I have to chime in to comment on just how bad of a defender KAT is for a big man, mostly because a lot of people here want him on the Hawks which I think would put a ceiling on how good this team can ever be.  I'm using defensive raptor but most of the advanced stats are aligned here -- he's the second WORST defender on the TWolves... as a center... a position most people would argue advanced stats favor for defense.  I think it's usually only fair to compare players to their teammates for advanced defensive stats because it's impossible to account for different schemes and coaching across teams.  So look at how KAT ranks against his teammates versus other centers in the league:

Gobert, best defensive center in the league, as a bench mark

image.png

Capela, second on our team.  Wright actually tops him... our team defense is so bad none of these numbers are impressive.  Lots of interesting data points on our chart

image.png

Here's where Embiid sits on the Sixers, second only to a bench player who focuses solely on defense.  He's been the best defender for Philly all year while putting up MVP level offensive stats

image.png

Here's Jokic, a center that is sometimes criticized for not being a good defender.  Side note, his stats are absolutely incredible and he is probably the deserving MVP in the truest sense of being "most valuable" but part of why his on/off numbers are so good is because the rest of the team is trash with Murray/MPJ out

image.png

And finally here is KAT, second to last on his team -- impressively bad defensively for a big man.  

image.png

I know this is just one metric but it usually matches the eye test pretty well.  I checked a lot of other teams and every one I checked the starting center was AT LEAST a net positive on defense.  It's mind boggling bad to be a minus defender as a 7 foot center.  Pair that with Trae who we could see as by far the worst defender on our team and we have an All-NBA free buckets defense.

Delon has been exactly what I expected from studying his stats this summer.  Thought Cam would dominate bench players and actually be our best rated advanced defender but ship sailed.

KAT is that rare Big who has all the athleticism, explosiveness, and quick processing on offense, none of it translates to the other end lol.  You can tell he doesn’t pay much attention to tape of good defenders he should emulate.  Embiid is a pipe dream but at least study Steven Adams’ awareness and positioning.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 2/26/2022 at 10:19 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

MJ wasn’t much for passing, but still a dope accomplishment lol 

He was around 5-6 assists per game in  his prime and had 3 top 20 seasons for total assists.  Not bad for a wing/lead scorer in that era.  (He peaked at 8.0 assists per game which would be tied for 6th best in the league today.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AHF said:

He was around 5-6 assists per game in  his prime and had 3 top 20 seasons for total assists.  Not bad for a wing/lead scorer in that era.  (He peaked at 8.0 assists per game which would be tied for 6th best in the league today.)

MJ’s passing be like:

“Get me the ball and get out of my way. Uh oh, a hard double team, guess I’ll hit Steve, he’s wide open.”

lol

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

MJ’s passing be like:

“Get me the ball and get out of my way. Uh oh, a hard double team, guess I’ll hit Steve, he’s wide open.”

lol

That worked pretty darn well!

1pv6xj.gif

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The Big Risers

Two point guards slight of build, but mighty of impact, would break into Tier 2 this season. For Trae Young, his continued status as one of the elite offensive engines in the game, combined with his masterful heel turns against both New York and Philly in the 2021 playoffs, jolt him to this point. 

3A
⇑ 2C
  • Thanks 1