• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Trae2Nique

I was gonna say this after the bird suggestion but Bird’s is the literal passing whereas yours is the dynamic championship 🐐 to 🐐 on court connection. I diggem both I tell ya!

One question, can I come in with a fresh start? :laugh1: You know, collect a few more allies. I’ve gone as far as I can with Spud..

I’m guessing no on the T bone 🦴:indifferent:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I was gonna say this after the bird suggestion but Bird’s is the literal passing whereas yours is the dynamic championship 🐐 to 🐐 on court connection. I diggem both I tell ya!

One question, can I come in with a fresh start? :laugh1: You know, collect a few more allies. I’ve gone as far as I can with Spud..

Of course but, if you change your name, I gotta change mine too.

I'll take suggestions but I'd lean to SnidelyWhiplash or GuySmiley.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Of course but, if you change your name, I gotta change mine too.

I'll take suggestions but I'd lean to SnidelyWhiplash or GuySmiley.

So are we all gonna change our names- that would be AWESOME....the entire Squawk with new names :laugh1:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So are we all gonna change our names- that would be AWESOME....the entire Squawk with new names :laugh1:

No we should all switch names.  That'll be even better.  

Would we be able to tell who is who, by their posts? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

No we should all switch names.  That'll be even better.  

Would we be able to tell who is who, by their posts? 

Oh....I would love this....Hahaha ha.

There would have to be a random drawing to switch the names.

It would be glorious.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

The disrespect is appalling. :angry2:

Only 11 candidates huh, nearly a dozen, couldn’t make it an even dozen and include a guy top 4 in scoring and assists? 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33664132/why-conversation-surrounding-nba-mvp-far-deeper-nikola-jokic-vs-joel-embiid

All of the guys are on good teams and Durant and LeBron are GOATs in the game. They will get the benefit of doubt

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

All of the guys are on good teams and Durant and LeBron are GOATs in the game. They will get the benefit of doubt

Lebron has had an awesome season, but the Lakers are 31-48. They have lost 7 straight and are in freefall. ESPN even mentioning him as being in the MVP conversation is ridiculous. What that tells me is this whole "winning" argument that gets used to discredit Trae is disingenuous. I get that Lebron had an amazing season at almost 40, but his team is terrible and this isn't a lifetime achievement award. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

Lebron has had an awesome season, but the Lakers are 31-48. They have lost 7 straight and are in freefall. ESPN even mentioning him as being in the MVP conversation is ridiculous. What that tells me is this whole "winning" argument that gets used to discredit Trae is disingenuous. I get that Lebron had an amazing season at almost 40, but his team is terrible and this isn't a lifetime achievement award. 

This is the NBA. Its been like this forever 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/4/2022 at 5:47 PM, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 @JayBirdHawk @marco102 @Gray Mule@macdaddy @lethalweapon3 @AHF @Sothron @NBASupes @TheNorthCydeRises @Atlantaholic @shakes @benhillboy @Diesel @hawkman @SalvorMallow @bird_dirt @RandomFan @Final_quest and others I may have missed.

I don’t make too many new threads when we have a bunch about the topic.

I don’t know if anyone should stop 🛑 me from wanting to start a new topic and it pains me to do so, I’ve been around since 85, the best player in ATLANTA Hawks history has always been Nique…

Until today, 

Trae wins his 3rd eastern conference player of the week. If there was a trophy 🏆 case, Trae may have already exceeded Nique. Nique though, he was one of my idols growing up along with Bruce Lee, Barry Sanders and a maybe one or two more public figures.

I am old school 🏫. Don’t get me wrong, love the new kids and the talent, but I usually saw many players couldn’t play in the 80’s or 90’s, Trae could.

I’m not even close to the biggest Trae fan amongst many of you even though I wake up every day thinkin, “wait, that’s a Hawk”.. it’s pretty surreal.

One of these days imo, even the great Nique would want to pass the touch to this YOUNG man! Hats off Trae! We are blessed. 

I’m still not making the thread…. Yet. 

:smile:

image.gif.58cbe84b8b2b5a446e8ab3b3bf717070.gif

image.gif.11bde3df6b33428d9d58406883f7db86.gif

I  feel this.  Especially the not ready to say it yet part.  Nique was my hero.  Can anyone replace that?  

• Like 2