• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

....is not a guard. 

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I agree.  But you see that shit they tried to pull for the All-Stall ballot. They had him listed with the guards, instead of at forward.

Exactly. But I agree with you Jay. And if they do keep him in the forward category I think Trae has a legit chance. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 3/27/2022 at 7:49 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

Exactly. But I agree with you Jay. And if they do keep him in the forward category I think Trae has a legit chance. 

It shouldn’t even be a question.  If the Hawks continue to push themselves above .500 then that will mitigate the only excuse to put inferior players like Derozqn or Ja on ahead of him.

• Like 4

Moving forward, negotiations with other teams about star ⭐️ players will be tough. They know we NEED to pair him with somebody in the next year or so, that NEXT star we get to play alongside Trae is gonna be one of those PG13 Clippers/Thunder deal. We are gonna have to give up some future and that’s absolutely fine with me.

Ive waited 38 years… I don’t wanna wait anymore. We rebuilt to have a chance. We now have a chance with Trae. We have to cash in soon if we don’t get a ring this year. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I haven’t even seen much of the last 4 games but I can tell Trae’s floor game been on point game tight: averaging a CP3-like 4.36 assist to turn, 1.5 steals, and +15 on balanced shot attempts.  

Weren't you just posting stats to show he had less of an impact than DeAndre Bembry?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Ya'll.....  I really can't with the haters.   I just can't.

He's 5th in PER.   We really need to start having an All NBA conversation.  Trae's true Shooting is 60.2% which is better than any guard they can put ahead of him.  He's also number 1 in points and assists for guards.   Winning?  They talk about the Hawks like the Hawks have the Lakers record.  Guess, what?  The East is deeper than the West now.  The Hawks could end up the 7th seed when it's all said and done.  

Does his defense need work?  Yes, but we've seen when he wants to he can be a bad to average defender.  Memphis has one of the best defenses in the league when Ja doesn't play, but no one talks about his terrible defense in the same manner as Trae because he can jump high and get more blocks, but let me tell you, his team defense is on par with Trae's when Trae is conserving energy on that end. 

Saying all this to say it is absurd that they've created this narrative that Trae shouldn't be on ALL NBA because of team record (the Hawks have a winning record) and defense (he isn't even the cause of most of the breakdowns on the team)., but will happily vote for LBJ and Ja and not mention it. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Are those Jason's kids?   I can't believe it's been so long.

I think that's his daughter.  The other guy is former GT guy Jon Babul who's in the media or something.

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Try to think of a single player with these kind of numbers in the last 30 years where they said 'well he would have been all nba if his defense was better'.    That's not a thing.   

It's fkng disingenuous.  Insulting.  And anyone suggesting EVERY top player is a plus defender is a fkng liar.  The idea this stigma gets attached to ONE guy is ridiculous.

"Oh but all my defensive metrics say Trae is the WOAT defender, kg."

Oh well stfu because, if I change the freaking formula that calculates that made-up stat, it'll look vastly different.

• Like 1