Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t ever want Trae to wear another jersey but #11 Hawks. 

Magic

Bird

Isiah

Reggie Miller

Kobe

Trae?

The solo team club. 

image.gif.b51629d11c2930c67edfdfa3839fceb0.gif

Yeah baybee.  And, if he ever starts wandering, cue @Spud2nique to start beggin' like Keith Sweat.

You know you want my jersey, Trae-baby.

😎

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I wish Acuna hadn’t done the stupid Lebron celebration but he’s trying to make it right! 

6FE36CF5-EC63-4C32-A4B6-63D9DB1C08EB.jpeg

Which of these dudes is hated more by opposing fanbases (and a good portion of their own)?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Acuna and Trae should be the talk of the town.   They don't get enough superstar attention in a town that supposedly has been craving superstars.  

Because there's a strange groundswell of discontent undermining them among their own fanbases.  Weirdest thing ever.  The Barves' own announcers, at times, act all upset about Acuna's "antics" at times.

In the game he got hurt last year, Chip Carey (who i hate) sided with Marlins fans that were upset at Acuna being pissed about getting hit.  Then Acuna got hurt and he had to act like he was sad. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Because there's a strange groundswell of discontent undermining them among their own fanbases.  Weirdest thing ever.  The Barves' own announcers, at times, act all upset about Acuna's "antics" at times.

In the game he got hurt last year, Chip Carey (who i hate) sided with Marlins fans that were upset at Acuna being pissed about getting hit.  Then Acuna got hurt and he had to act like he was sad. 

This. Baseball is full of "olds" and their "this is how you play the game blah blah bs." It's stupid. 

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah and I'm too old to not believe that there are other factors at play too.   It's just annoying.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

This. Baseball is full of "olds" and their "this is how you play the game blah blah bs." It's stupid. 

And I got no problem with being 'professional' and 'acting like you been there', etc.  I got an issue with folks being holier than thou, which is at incessant levels in MLB.

• Like 2

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And I got no problem with being 'professional' and 'acting like you been there', etc.  I got an issue with folks being holier than thou, which is at incessant levels in MLB.

It's interesting that it seems like Chip Caray is not well liked at all for this reason.  And i get it. 

I saw this week that Bonds hit his first major league homer in Fulton County Stadium which i didn't remember at all.   Young, skinny Bonds with an opposite field easy swing looked a lot different those days.

But on the call was Skip and Pete and it was so refreshing to hear them again.   Braves were losing 10-2 and i think it was like the eight inning.  Bonds comes up to the plate and skip says something like 'probably in 10 years time you won't see this guy still in a 10-2 game in the eighth'.    

• Like 1

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Bro, don't get me started on Skip's son Carey ... ah you got me started on Skip's Son Carey...

I knew I was gonna hate him from the beginning when he apparently decided that all he wanted to do was convince everybody how great Chicago and the Cubs are (remember this was before they won anydayumthangatall).  He'd talk about that city and that team during every Braves broadcast he did.  And when they finally went to play the Cubs it was freaking unbearable.  "Here's something ya didn't know about the cubs"..... "here's another thing you didn't know about the Cubs".... "and did I mention the city and how great it is?".... on and on and on ..

I'm like, if you like chicago so much why don't ya marry it?  Shiiiiiii, let's be honest.  If your last name was Jones or Smith, ya a** wouldn't even have this job in the first place, Skip's son.

rant over for now

100%.  And he tries his dad's little jabs but they just come off mean all the time. 

I'm probably in the minority but what you describe above is exactly why i hated Don Sutton.  He spent most of his first two years talking about how great the Dodgers were.

• Thanks 1