• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Ben Simmons in a cage fight against Joel Embiid would've been more exciting than this.

Lights out match...

Better yet...

Simmons and KD vs. Embiid and Harden  Texas Tornado Match. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It's so sad.

Ja Morant decided not to do it.

Zion Williamson may lose all of his athleticism, if that foot never gets right.

And none of the real stars of the league will enter this contest.

It may be time to move the 3 point contest to last, and let the dunk contest come after the skills challenge.

Yeah its over for the dunk contest......If they cant get the good players to compete anymore, just do away with it..I hate that celebrity game crap even worse..lol..3 pt contest is still ok I guess... Heck, the only reason Im watching the All-Star game is because Trae is playing..Gotta show some love for the Hawks..Especially after they left him off when the game was in Atlanta..........But Its turning into the probowl too(unwatchable) lol. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

All star weekend blows.

Don't even remember the last time I bothered to watch the actual game, let alone any of the other peripheral events... don't see it happening today, either. Might have watched the rising stars game if Big2O had been invited, but that's it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Trae, if you're reading this, know my heart is in the right place, please.

Kinda glad that Trae comes out of the contest feeling hungry... feeling like he's still disrespected... feeling like he's going to have the last laugh when the season's over.

To be honest, he's still so young, I'd be nervous if he took home something this weekend that made him feel he's more respected than he was going into it. (So, yeah, I want him to have a very average game tomorrow, or if very good, still not good enough to take home an MVP trophy.)

Strongly disagree.  Because Trae is going to be hungry regardless of how he plays tomorrow.

The guys who show out in the All-Star game, are normally your top 5 players in the league.  So if Trae plays outstanding tonight, that would be a very good look for his status in the league, and how people perceive him.  It may also spur him on to be an even greater player, because there is another level of play that Trae can get to.

At some point, I want Trae to not care if people disrespect him, because he knows that he will MAKE THEM respect him with his play on the court.  He did it to the Knicks. And he did it to Philly.  Trae is not the type of player to ever be satisfied with anything.

Trae doesn't have to win the MVP.   If he does win it, this is what the MVP of the All-Star game has gone on to do that season in the playoffs.

Year All-star MVP Team Playoffs? Playoff round reached
2021 Giannis Antetokounmpo Milwaukee Bucks yes NBA Champion
2020 Kawhi Leonard LA Clippers yes 2nd round
2019 Kevin Durant Golden State Warriors yes NBA Finals
2018 LeBron James Cleveland Cavaliers yes NBA Finals
2017 Anthony Davis New Orleans Pelicans no none
2016 Russell Westbrook Oklahoma City Thunder yes West Conf Finals
2015 Russell Westbrook Oklahoma City Thunder no none
2014 Kyrie Irving Cleveland Cavaliers no none
2013 Chris Paul LA Clippers yes 1st round
2012 Kevin Durant Oklahoma City Thunder yes NBA Finals
2011 Kobe Bryant Los Angeles Lakers yes 2nd round
2010 Dwyane Wade Miami Heat yes 1st round
2009 Kobe Bryant Los Angeles Lakers yes NBA Champion
  Shaquille O'Neal Phoenix Suns no none
2008 LeBron James Cleveland Cavaliers yes 2nd round
2007 Kobe Bryant Los Angeles Lakers yes 1st round
2006 LeBron James Cleveland Cavaliers yes 2nd round
2005 Allen Iverson Philadelphia 76ers yes 1st round
2004 Shaquille O'Neal Los Angeles Lakers yes NBA Finals
2003 Kevin Garnett Minnesota Timberwolves yes 1st round
2002 Kobe Bryant Los Angeles Lakers yes NBA Champion
2001 Allen Iverson Philadelphia 76ers yes NBA Finals
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Strongly disagree.  Because Trae is going to be hungry regardless of how he plays tomorrow.

You know, of course, I want to be wrong. So I definitely appreciate your argument to the contrary.

My concern/counterpoint is that Trae is Trae. Trae is not anyone else, no matter what precedent one might point to.

And when he's really feeling disrespected, we've seen what happens... a significant effect on the conclusion of last season.

And when he seems to have more of a casual approach... and yeah, as the top dog of this team, can't help but leave some of the complacency criticisms in his lap... well, we have some effect on this season.

But yeah.... give me all the crow you can feed me, Trae.

The dunk contest died on this night.  When one of the greatest dunkers of all time doesn't win the dunk contest because of bad judging, it leaves a sour taste in a guy who may have participated in the dunk contest for the next 3 - 5 years.

Now he says that he'll never do another one ever again.

And the same thing happened in 2016, when he and Zach Lavine went at it . . and the judges couldn't decide during the regular rounds . . so they kept having them dunk.  Lavine eventually won, but Gordon had the most memorable dunk in the competition.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, sturt said:

Trae, if you're reading this, know my heart is in the right place, please.

Kinda glad that Trae comes out of the contest feeling hungry... feeling like he's still disrespected... feeling like he's going to have the last laugh when the season's over.

To be honest, he's still so young, I'd be nervous if he took home something this weekend that made him feel he's more respected than he was going into it. (So, yeah, I want him to have a very average game tomorrow, or if very good, still not good enough to take home an MVP trophy.)

I'm expecting him to get frozen out of the ASG.  Gonna be a Morant coronation..

That'll sufficiently piss him off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The celebrity game is trash. Anjali RenadaaaaaaWHOGIVESACRAP….

At least give us some celebrities, real ones who wanna ball. Gimme Rapp, Sandler, Nelly, etc.

I can’t watch machine gun Tiffany with his soft tatts running down the court without wanting to swat his $hit to the moon.

The celebrity game is trash, bring back the old timer’s game, I wanna see the bad a$$es from yesteryear.

The format of the 3’s suck. Mountain Dew ball is 3 points? Huh? Why do we mess up a good thing. The old way worked, you get 5 money balls each worth 2 and you can set them anywhere. Total of 30 points.

If the ones who already made it.. Lebron, Giannis, etc. don’t wanna participate then it’s like watching the minor league squad in baseball ⚾️.

You’d think the NBA has enough minds to get a bit more of in this case LESS creative. Their creativeness blows.

Grade: D- 

(I grade on a curve ..)

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I remember when All Star weekend was an actual event that was worth watching. The reason it sucks now is because player just don't give a shit. 

You need star power to really boost up All-Star Saturday night.  That's what we had from about the mid-2000s on back.  Today, if you really don't watch the entire league, you may not even know who some of these guys are.

It's unfortunate that Lebron never participated in the dunk contest.  Kobe only did it one time, after winning it in his rookie year in 1997 ( arguably the worst dunk contest of all time . . next to what we saw last night ). We'll probably never see Zion in the event. And the most dynamic in-game dunker this season ( Ja Morant ) didn't want to do it.

Maybe they need to add a shot blocker at the rim, to spice up the dunk contest.  Add a PG to the mix and do like a 2 on 1 fast break going at the defender.  Rename the competition Dunkers vs Defenders.

• Like 1